Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

48 минут назад, micaelis сказал:

I think initially Yuzu accepted Brian's guidance, most particularly when he first came to TCC his major objective was to learn to do quads consistently.  Instead Brian, and even moreso Tracy, made Yuzu go back to basic skating skills, essentially helping him to have the foundation to then go and start dealing with jumps.

Of course there was this, but at the same time there was 4S_planned_fall from first year in TCC which I'm not sure if was Brian's idea :rolleyes: And sure with more experience Yuzu became more independent to the point Brian said smth like "I am not sure I'm his coach" (meaning Yuzu knows himself well already), not like it all came in one day and I am sure now Yuzu also listen to coach advises, but still making his own choices and taking responsibilities with it. 

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Brian didn't comment anything on that instagram post, it is a misunderstanding from that person who tweeted it.

When the time comes and Yuzu wants to he will let everyone know he's back at training at TCC. Until then I think it is better to be patient (even if it is not that easy sometimes). 

We don't really have much choice but to compose our souls in patience... being a Yuzu fan is good exercise in this. :hihi:

Just because this is such a beautiful picture of our beautiful man...

14 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Which means it at last can be seen globally. :) 

3 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Online means we all get to see it! :loveshower:

In case anyone here is considering to take part in this:
Patinage Magazine has started crowdfunding earlier this month to survive its economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 situation. As rewards for donations, they offer original items such as diaries using the images of a skater or sets of skaters' photos as well as digitized Patinage Magazines. However, last weekend, the agent of Shoma and Daisuke Takahashi, whose images are used for the rewards announced that PM hadn't gotten permission to use the images either from them or from JSF. (JSF is managing the image rights of their skaters except the ones used for news reporting purpose) PM is also using images of Yuzu and other Japanese ladies, and given that they had not contacted JSF first, it is highly likely that the items using images of them have the same issue. So if you are considering donating because of the rewards, check on the news section of their crowdfunding page first to see how the situation has progressed and make sure you will get the reward.

8 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Patinage Magazine has started crowdfunding earlier this month to survive its economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 situation. As rewards for donations, they offer original items such as diaries using the images of a skater or sets of skaters' photos as well as digitized Patinage Magazines. However, last weekend, the agent of Shoma and Daisuke Takahashi, whose images are used for the rewards announced that PM hadn't gotten permission to use the images either from them or from JSF. (JSF is managing the image rights of their skaters except the ones used for news reporting purpose) PM is also using images of Yuzu and other Japanese ladies, and given that they had not contacted JSF first, it is highly likely that the items using images of them have the same issue. So if you are considering donating because of the rewards, check on the news section of their crowdfunding page first to see how the situation has progressed and make sure you will get the reward.

As it is a French magazine, do you think it may be useful to translate your post in French in the French thread of the International section? I could do it.

2 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

As it is a French magazine, do you think it may be useful to translate your post in French in the French thread of the International section? I could do it.

Thank you. I would appreciate it.:thanks:

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Taiwanese version of Aoi Honoo. I guess this is a collectors edition? Looks cool!

https://www.kadokawa.com.tw/event_detail539.htm

Wow, that's really pretty. Maybe one day it'll be translated into English. :14066882:

38 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

This is so sad, the COVID situation has taken out some of my favorite small businesses from around the world. They're really struggling, and many of them won't return. It is a little sad that PM magazine can't use their own images of skaters (I didn't know you needed permission from the subject to publish images you own, otherwise why would tabloids have unflattering images of anyone?), but I'm sure they don't want to get on the bad side of any skaters. 

22 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, that's really pretty. Maybe one day it'll be translated into English. 

We could do it as a fan project...

Just now, jesenjin said:

Have anyone seen this yet?

:angry_party:

Just asking for a friend, but my friend wonders if she´s the only one who´s very very curious about Yuzuru´s new programs for the 20-21 season. 

Ps: that friend might be me