General Yuzuru Chat

I think it’s the difference between inside and outside edge on the hydro blade?  Plus his insane flexibility that enables him to get really low without looking awkward or stressed, just an elegant curving seemingly effortless movement ?  I think the outside edge hydro blades look a little clumsy - I can appreciate their place in the choreography of certain programmes, like Akiko’s Kill Bill, but more often than not they look like too much effort for minimum impact.  Yuzuru is the exception- he makes it look as natural as a crossover.

38 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Here! :67638860:

Ahh that's so cute!! Yuzu truly is a man of many talents. :clapclap4:

I went and watched more of the interview in the link and it was interesting hearing him talk about wishing the road was ice so he could move faster. I started skating as an adult and frequently think the same thing! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

9 hours ago, barbara said:

That slim, lean body is all muscle.  Even his ears.  We rarely see photos of his back or his bare legs - but his back is a stunning assembly of muscle and his knee caps have their own muscles.  Enviable - though he has worked on all of them for 20 years.

Are you talking about this? (It's under a spoiler for the satellites own safety...) - admin, please feel free to sensor as this is not for the faint hearted...:10742290:

Spoiler

pRei4ph.jpg

52 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Are you talking about this? (It's under a spoiler for the satellites own safety...) - admin, please feel free to sensor as this is not for the faint hearted...:10742290:

Hide contents

pRei4ph.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful but even the short-sleeved training gear shows off his back muscles beautifully because it clings so. 

Also, I would venture to guess that he's added muscle since this pic was taken...that looks like the Seimei v. 1 costume...

Also, although I do not want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of Yuzu's beautiful physique, that photo appears to have been taken whilst he was unawares.I question if it's ok to post it...*fret* 

10 時間前, barbaraさんが言いました:

That slim, lean body is all muscle.  Even his ears.  We rarely see photos of his back or his bare legs - but his back is a stunning assembly of muscle and his knee caps have their own muscles.  Enviable - though he has worked on all of them for 20 years.

And his leg muscles :drama:

https://togetter.com/li/1123841

EDIT:  I have revised the source.

19379702_275629326244234_816087810943274

39 minutes ago, river said:

Yuzuru-Hanyu-thanking-the-audience-2018-

Here, this picture shows off his back muscles and was taken in public at GP Finland. No worries about the ethics of snapping this photo!

image source

Those look like a swimmer's lats...that's incredible!:5918bdaa089ab_0015(1):

I guess the forces on his arms during a jump would activate the same muscles as used for the breastroke. 

That material is so thin! 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

not that he isn't strong, but actualy the shoot-the-duck is a basic skating move:

(lmao)

on another note, guess who appears for a split second :D

And that reminds me....technically Yuzu is eligible to participate in the Universiade, isn't he? And other university sport competitions?  Does anyone know if he ever has? 

Also, speaking as one who was defeated by shoot-the-duck as a child, it may be a standard move but it is not easy. To casually bomb around the ice for an extended period of time in that position, looking relaxed, like Yuzu does, is pretty unique, IMO. 

Thank you @yuzuangel! I wanted to comment that there was actually no inside or outside hydroblade, that they were 2 different moves, but I couldnt find the name and I was going crazy LOL. In french we call it "tea pot" so it confused me haha. 

52分鐘前, Pika說:

Thank you @yuzuangel! I wanted to comment that there was actually no inside or outside hydroblade, that they were 2 different moves, but I couldnt find the name and I was going crazy LOL. In french we call it "tea pot" so it confused me haha. 

I think they are just different names in different countries. Yuzu refered them as inside and outside hydroblade in CiONTU, so i think it is how they call it in Japan?

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And that reminds me....technically Yuzu is eligible to participate in the Universiade, isn't he? And other university sport competitions?  Does anyone know if he ever has? 

Also, speaking as one who was defeated by shoot-the-duck as a child, it may be a standard move but it is not easy. To casually bomb around the ice for an extended period of time in that position, looking relaxed, like Yuzu does, is pretty unique, IMO. 

I agree, you can see the ease, the extension and the speed and control of Yuzu's shoot-the-duck vs all the others!  No comparison