Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

Guys, I actually made it home! It took so long. I'm now locked up at home for 14 days but at the very least, I did come home to my new Stick Figure Skating bag with the one of Zu sweeping up the poohs at 4CC. It's been waiting for me for a few weeks now. I'm going to use it at school next term and see if any kids cotton on. Probably not, but maybe they'll ask and then I can convert them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 10:33 PM, FlyingCamel said:

I think this is new :) 

for anyone who needs Yuzu content (like me)

 

His determination is giving me the strength I need now and also his English is amazing now!!

 

From 6:19 to 6:24, we can see Yuzuru Hanyu's kamon/mon.

Do you think it is a personal one, or his family's? It looks a bit like the Asai clan's (extinct in 1573), but it is not the same. The Asai one (as well as the Itsukushina shrine in Hiroshima) have the three hexagons, with a four-petal flower in each. Here I don't see what is in the hexagons. Plus, it is not circled, while Yuzuru Hanyu's is circled. I have found a circled mon (still with a four-petal flower in each hexagon), it is called kiko/kikko, which seems to mean tortoise shell, and I don't know if it relates to a family — or if it is his. If it is, I feel he may have had fun dedicating ANA's A380 models, painted with tortoises. ;-)

I have no knowledge at all about Japanese heraldry (I don't even know how many petals the Imperial chrysanthemum has), and very little about European heraldry, so if anybody knew more on the matter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't panic over Yuzu's enforced inactivity.  For him it's a 'been there, done that' situation.  What he did when he was injured and unable to step foot on the ice, in terms particularly, of his visualizations, he can do again.  He can even go so far as to choose the music for his next programs, edit them (he's been doing that for quite some time) and then lay out the programs he wants to do with the music.  Everything can be done at home and by doing so when the time comes that TCC reopens he can go and hit the ice skating.  I'm certain he's already doing things at home to maintain and strengthen his physical fitness.  In terms of his experience with enforced inactivity in certain recent seasons and how he successfully proceeded once he was able to get back on the ice should let us know that he is probably better equipped to deal with the current situation than almost any other skater.  Yuzu has shown he can use his time doing nothing by making sure that time is spent doing significant somethings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I completed a whole season following Yuzu (and a few other skaters). I feel like I've gained so much knowledge over the past several months from technicalities to music and other random stuff. FS is the ONLY sport that I bothered to understand scoring rules. It's like preparing for an exam in and of itself. I'm super excited for what's in store next season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I wouldn't panic over Yuzu's enforced inactivity.  For him it's a 'been there, done that' situation.  What he did when he was injured and unable to step foot on the ice, in terms particularly, of his visualizations, he can do again.  He can even go so far as to choose the music for his next programs, edit them (he's been doing that for quite some time) and then lay out the programs he wants to do with the music.  Everything can be done at home and by doing so when the time comes that TCC reopens he can go and hit the ice skating.  I'm certain he's already doing things at home to maintain and strengthen his physical fitness.  In terms of his experience with enforced inactivity in certain recent seasons and how he successfully proceeded once he was able to get back on the ice should let us know that he is probably better equipped to deal with the current situation than almost any other skater.  Yuzu has show he can use his time doing nothing by making sure that time is spent doing significant somethings.

Certainly, he is the most able to make the best of it, and I am sure nobody panic. Yet I suppose he will need months to get his level back. Maybe less than others, but still.

 

 

About his kamon, this site doesn't tell which it is :

https://medium.com/identity-design/kamon-the-japanese-traditional-identity-design-c485018e7781

 

As to the three kikko with circle, here something more :

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/戸室氏

Here is a Google translation of the paragraph :

 

Mr. Shibamato Muro
It is considered an old house in Shibamata, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo. The royal family, Ishiteruyama Shosh 院 in Shinko-ji Temple, has a grave from the 16th year of Genwa (1617) and an inscription from the 6th year of culture (1809). Until the Meiji era, the company was engaged in agriculture on and around the current Shibamata Taishakuten approach, but commenced commercial and residential land management in the Taisho and early Showa eras, such as rice shops, rice crackers, and tobacco shops. Has shifted from agriculture. The family crest is "3 rounds and 3 turtles, Kabishi" [9] [10] [11].


Family crest in a circle

 

(and on Wikimedia Common, the name of the crest is Maru ni mitumori Kikkou ni Hanabishi)

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Japanese_Crest_Maru_ni_mitumori_Kikkou_ni_Hanabishi.svg

 

Here, the pictures in the hexagons don't look that much like the previous ones? But in heraldry terms, are they the same or different? (Sorry for the article relating crap.)

https://aramajapan.com/news/gossip/yuzuru-hanyu-denies-dating-rumors/53762/

 

Edit : does the beginning of this article relate to it? I can't do anything of it with Google translation.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/07/02/kiji/20180702s00079000131000c.html

 

Edit 2 : and this paragraph from another article?


では羽生結弦選手は、成人式のために用意した紋付羽織袴から

丸に三つ盛亀甲の説が有力で、亀甲紋のバリエーションみたい。

でも丸に三つ盛亀甲花菱という説もあり

これは三つ盛亀甲紋と、花菱紋のミックスらしい。

羽生結弦 羽織袴 家庭画報

もし花菱紋なら勝海舟もらしいけど

三つ盛亀甲花菱なら

滋賀の浅井長政公や、新潟の直江兼続公が有名らしい。

 

ただし三つ盛亀甲花菱説の花菱とは少々くせものです。

戦国時代は家紋の意匠に対する意識はルーズで

花菱だけでなく、唐花や剣花菱とか資料によってバラバラだと。

だから羽生結弦選手の家紋は、丸に三つ盛亀甲の説が無難かも!

https://bluemoon-yh.info/archives/792

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tuyettu said:

 

This is insane! How can one choose between these three???? :003:

Easy. Pick H&L. It's the ultimate skate ever done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Most of you probably remember that iconic edit of Yuzu practicing to Muse, aye?

 

 

Today that user uploaded a new edit. It's great!

 

 

Wow, I was talking to a person on Twitter about how I would cry if Yuzu ever skates to Yumeji's theme a couple of days ago. This makes me want to see the real thing even more :10636614:

Thank you for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, monchan said:

The last semifinal before the ultimate battle:

PC SEIMEI vs H&L vs 4CC Chopin

 

how did PC chopin lose?!!!!

 

 

and nope. cant choose. wont choose

 

 

eta: lmaooo silly me! Chopin made the final..duh

 

i used to like hope and legacy so much but now idk anymore. all 3 programs mean so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

how did PC chopin lose?!!!!

 

 

and nope. cant choose. wont choose

 

 

eta: lmaooo silly me! Chopin made the final..duh

 

i used to like hope and legacy so much but now idk anymore. all 3 programs mean so much

I have a gut PC Chopin will be final champion... Like it deserves but lllajdskldfj can we have additional awards for others, like silver and bronze medals (3 other programs in semifinal got into battle for bronze) :embSwan: All programs work so hard but in the end only ONE program get the spotlight :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, how about some collective video watching for this weekend? Would anyone be up for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, how about some collective video watching for this weekend? Would anyone be up for it? 


🙋🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monchan said:

I have a gut PC Chopin will be final champion... Like it deserves but lllajdskldfj can we have additional awards for others, like silver and bronze medals (3 other programs in semifinal got into battle for bronze) :embSwan: All programs work so hard but in the end only ONE program get the spotlight :(

I know that PC Chopin was performed majestically, but for me PC Seimei will always win, even with the mistakes, because of that last part. Yuzu was truly unleashed there, truly free, truly happy. I could feel his happiness through the distance and through the screen. And it was obvious right after he finished the program. Whenever he's in doubt with himself, he should see that part of the program again, to get the feeling of what happiness skating brings. I think he even mentioned in an interview that he was supposed to be grave, like Abe no Seimei, but he couldn't control himself because he was so happy.

So, not necessarily from a performance point of view, but from a feeling point of view, that program in PC is no1 for me. From a performance point of view, there are so many that I couldn't choose (might go with GPF 2016)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, how about some collective video watching for this weekend? Would anyone be up for it? 

i'd love to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fay said:

Guys, how about some collective video watching for this weekend? Would anyone be up for it? 

 

I may be on a different time zone, but I'd love suggestions... I am already checking out mys stocks of saved videos :devilYuzu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...