Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

We will miss you, Zuzu! :crybaby:

Show yourself sometimes on ig, okay? இ௰இ

At times like this I'm happy for Yuzu's 'hikikomori' (not seriously) lifestyle. Kind of hoping he'll stay safe in Toronto for a while still. If he goes to Japan, he might not be able to get a break from doing promo stuff, even if it's behind closed doors... I do expect Stars on Ice to be canceled shortly, too, so he shouldn't have any other obligations for a while...

I was sure he wouldn't retire, especially not when this season ended as it did, but it is reassuring to have him confirm it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

At times like this I'm happy for Yuzu's 'hikikomori' (not seriously) lifestyle. Kind of hoping he'll stay safe in Toronto for a while still. If he goes to Japan, he might not be able to get a break from doing promo stuff, even if it's behind closed doors... I do expect Stars on Ice to be canceled shortly, too, so he shouldn't have any other obligations for a while...

I was sure he wouldn't retire, especially not when this season ended as it did, but it is reassuring to have him confirm it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

...great now he can put all his time and energy into mastering 4A :P

20 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

His comment is much longer.

I have no time to translate it now, but here is what he says.

中止になってしまったことは残念ではありますが、選手のみならず、観に来られる皆さまや大会運営のスタッフの方々への感染拡大のリスクが、少しでも減ったことに安堵する気持ちもあります。このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

今回の中止を受けて、改めて新型コロナウィルスについて、また、ウィルス感染について考える機会ができたと思っています。このような対応がなされたからこそ、より一層、注意を払って生活していかなくてはと思いました。

そして、今シーズンの最後まで応援してくださった方々、本当にありがとうございました。

来シーズンに向け、今の限界の先へと行けるよう、練習していきます。

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200312-00000188-spnannex-spo

このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

My Japanese is shitty but this is thanking ISU for putting in effort to set up the competition until the very last minute? 

Young man, there is a difference between 'working hard until last minute' and 'dragging until last minute'. The latter doesn't deserve thanks. 

Sigh. Reading the text, I can hear his voice. Now I officially FEEL the drought.

7 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

My Japanese is shitty but this is thanking ISU for putting in effort to set up the competition until the very last minute? 

And it's local gov who made the call. ISU DID NOTHING FROM BEGINNING TO END. Pls boy :deadinside:

12 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Young man, there is a difference between 'working hard until last minute' and 'dragging until last minute'. The latter doesn't deserve thanks. 

Sigh. Reading the text, I can hear his voice. Now I officially FEEL the drought.

I think it could be Yuzu's way of saying "I know you guys are pissed off at ISU, but it's over, so please stop", plus being typically Japanese and super polite, thanking the organizers as one does. He's done this before, when fans were pissed off at one or another, he would politely thank that one or another or discreetly address it otherwise, like "I know, but it's ok, drop it." or so. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

I still hope we'll get to see him... maybe TCC skaters can do a joint happy group pic or so... And CBC owes us that interview...

My translation (cross posting from Worlds thread):

"It is disappointing that it has been canceled, but I am also feeling a sense of relief since it would lower the risk of spreading the infection among not only the skaters but also the audience and the organizing staff members, even for a little bit. I want to thank ISU for making an effort until the last minute to give us the place to compete in this circumstance.

I think this cancelation gave me a chance to give another thought to this new coronavirus and virus infection in general. Thanks to this decision, I feel that I have to be even more careful in my daily life now.

And I want to thank you so much, everyone, who has been supporting me until the end of this season. I will continue training for the next season, to go beyond my current limit. "

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

And I want to thank you so much, everyone, who has been supporting me until the end of this season. I will continue training for the next season, to go beyond my current limit. "

Always with you, boy. :68556365:

10 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Beautiful photo:-)) 

26 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think it could be Yuzu's way of saying "I know you guys are pissed off at ISU, but it's over, so please stop", plus being typically Japanese and super polite, thanking the organizers as one does. He's done this before, when fans were pissed off at one or another, he would politely thank that one or another or discreetly address it otherwise, like "I know, but it's ok, drop it." or so. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

I still hope we'll get to see him... maybe TCC skaters can do a joint happy group pic or so... And CBC owes us that interview...

We all know he is polite. Whether he meant to hint to us to stop being angry or not, I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not. I can deal with judging nonsense but I think ISU this time carried things a bit too far with the red carpet and fan festival amid the current Coronavirus situation despite fans' concern. Oh well, thankfully it's all over.

Oh no Toronto looks quite close to the New York State 

I hope he stays safe.... He's got asthma too, can't be good :c