General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

At times like these, I really wish our boy had some form of social media. Not to share his private life, but to state how he feels about important skating developments. Wonder if Jpn media is reaching out to their skaters for their thoughts on the cancellation.

I saw a news release of Shoma's comments as released by JSF on a Korean website already. In true Shoma form, he didn't have much to say

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw a news release of Shoma's comments as released by JSF on a Korean website already. In true Shoma form, he didn't have much to say

Olympic channel website quoted NC.  He was pleased his coach didn't have to risk getting sick.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

The only legit Award. This round: 1.Parisienne vs 2.LGC (how to choose????) Pls vote :nod2:

This is another impossible choice :68468287: 

For some reason LGC is lifting my spirits up more so I may go with that. 

It has been an exhausting few days. I hope he was just focusing on practicing and didn't let the ISU fiasco affect him too much. 

Ngl that I am so sad that we will most likely never see competitive SEIMEI 3 again :sorrow:

I hope someone translates it soon, here is it with google translate:

"I am sorry that it was canceled, but I feel relieved that the risk of spreading the infection not only to the athletes but also to everyone who comes to see it and to the staff of the tournament has been reduced. I would like to thank the ISU for making the most of the competition in this situation.

Following the cancellation, I think we have had the opportunity to think about the new coronavirus and virus infection again. Because of this kind of response, I felt that I had to pay more attention and live.

And thank you very much for those who supported us until the end of this season.

I will practice to reach beyond the current limits for the next season."

(x)

His comment is much longer.

I have no time to translate it now, but here is what he says.

中止になってしまったことは残念ではありますが、選手のみならず、観に来られる皆さまや大会運営のスタッフの方々への感染拡大のリスクが、少しでも減ったことに安堵する気持ちもあります。このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

今回の中止を受けて、改めて新型コロナウィルスについて、また、ウィルス感染について考える機会ができたと思っています。このような対応がなされたからこそ、より一層、注意を払って生活していかなくてはと思いました。

そして、今シーズンの最後まで応援してくださった方々、本当にありがとうございました。

来シーズンに向け、今の限界の先へと行けるよう、練習していきます。

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200312-00000188-spnannex-spo

At times like this I'm happy for Yuzu's 'hikikomori' (not seriously) lifestyle. Kind of hoping he'll stay safe in Toronto for a while still. If he goes to Japan, he might not be able to get a break from doing promo stuff, even if it's behind closed doors... I do expect Stars on Ice to be canceled shortly, too, so he shouldn't have any other obligations for a while...

I was sure he wouldn't retire, especially not when this season ended as it did, but it is reassuring to have him confirm it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

8 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

At times like this I'm happy for Yuzu's 'hikikomori' (not seriously) lifestyle. Kind of hoping he'll stay safe in Toronto for a while still. If he goes to Japan, he might not be able to get a break from doing promo stuff, even if it's behind closed doors... I do expect Stars on Ice to be canceled shortly, too, so he shouldn't have any other obligations for a while...

I was sure he wouldn't retire, especially not when this season ended as it did, but it is reassuring to have him confirm it beyond any shadow of a doubt.

...great now he can put all his time and energy into mastering 4A :P

20 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

His comment is much longer.

I have no time to translate it now, but here is what he says.

中止になってしまったことは残念ではありますが、選手のみならず、観に来られる皆さまや大会運営のスタッフの方々への感染拡大のリスクが、少しでも減ったことに安堵する気持ちもあります。このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

今回の中止を受けて、改めて新型コロナウィルスについて、また、ウィルス感染について考える機会ができたと思っています。このような対応がなされたからこそ、より一層、注意を払って生活していかなくてはと思いました。

そして、今シーズンの最後まで応援してくださった方々、本当にありがとうございました。

来シーズンに向け、今の限界の先へと行けるよう、練習していきます。

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200312-00000188-spnannex-spo

このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

My Japanese is shitty but this is thanking ISU for putting in effort to set up the competition until the very last minute? 

Young man, there is a difference between 'working hard until last minute' and 'dragging until last minute'. The latter doesn't deserve thanks. 

Sigh. Reading the text, I can hear his voice. Now I officially FEEL the drought.

7 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

My Japanese is shitty but this is thanking ISU for putting in effort to set up the competition until the very last minute? 

And it's local gov who made the call. ISU DID NOTHING FROM BEGINNING TO END. Pls boy :deadinside:

12 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Young man, there is a difference between 'working hard until last minute' and 'dragging until last minute'. The latter doesn't deserve thanks. 

Sigh. Reading the text, I can hear his voice. Now I officially FEEL the drought.

I think it could be Yuzu's way of saying "I know you guys are pissed off at ISU, but it's over, so please stop", plus being typically Japanese and super polite, thanking the organizers as one does. He's done this before, when fans were pissed off at one or another, he would politely thank that one or another or discreetly address it otherwise, like "I know, but it's ok, drop it." or so. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

I still hope we'll get to see him... maybe TCC skaters can do a joint happy group pic or so... And CBC owes us that interview...