General Yuzuru Chat

I'm honestly relieved they cancelled Worlds, but also really sad for the skaters and fans. What a strange season. And now suddenly, drought... At least we had an excellent 4CC this year. It was really special to see Yuzu skate Chopin and Seimei, and Hope and Legacy again... so I have an okay feeling about the end of this season. I'm looking forward to whatever Yuzu decides to do, competitive or not. I'd even be happy about recycling Chopin and Seimei again for that clean Seimei 3.0! lol... but now that he has time, there's the possibility of new programs! Or ice shows! But it's really difficult to know what the situation will be even next season. I'm really grateful to have the Planet to check in with while we wait.

At times like these, I really wish our boy had some form of social media. Not to share his private life, but to state how he feels about important skating developments. Wonder if Jpn media is reaching out to their skaters for their thoughts on the cancellation.

7 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

At times like these, I really wish our boy had some form of social media. Not to share his private life, but to state how he feels about important skating developments. Wonder if Jpn media is reaching out to their skaters for their thoughts on the cancellation.

The Japanese press will probably ask him for his thoughts quickly enough... and he will be as tactful as he always is.

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

Let's start thinking of programs he can do with a green costume  (though I will now go back to wishing and hoping for the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack, I can't help it...)

God, I’d spontaneously combust if he skated to Unravel🥺

Spoiler

Re: world standing, it’s probably awfully petty but looking at Yuzu in #1 and Nathan way below gives me dark satisfaction. 

11 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

I saw a news release of Shoma's comments as released by JSF on a Korean website already. In true Shoma form, he didn't have much to say

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw a news release of Shoma's comments as released by JSF on a Korean website already. In true Shoma form, he didn't have much to say

Olympic channel website quoted NC.  He was pleased his coach didn't have to risk getting sick.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

The only legit Award. This round: 1.Parisienne vs 2.LGC (how to choose????) Pls vote :nod2:

This is another impossible choice :68468287: 

For some reason LGC is lifting my spirits up more so I may go with that. 

It has been an exhausting few days. I hope he was just focusing on practicing and didn't let the ISU fiasco affect him too much. 

Ngl that I am so sad that we will most likely never see competitive SEIMEI 3 again :sorrow:

Yuzu's comment!

Very rough translation:

I feel sorry that it was canceled, but at the same time I'm relieved that the risk of spread has been reduced.

I will train for the next season, aiming to go beyond my current limits.

I hope someone translates it soon, here is it with google translate:

"I am sorry that it was canceled, but I feel relieved that the risk of spreading the infection not only to the athletes but also to everyone who comes to see it and to the staff of the tournament has been reduced. I would like to thank the ISU for making the most of the competition in this situation.

Following the cancellation, I think we have had the opportunity to think about the new coronavirus and virus infection again. Because of this kind of response, I felt that I had to pay more attention and live.

And thank you very much for those who supported us until the end of this season.

I will practice to reach beyond the current limits for the next season."

(x)

His comment is much longer.

I have no time to translate it now, but here is what he says.

中止になってしまったことは残念ではありますが、選手のみならず、観に来られる皆さまや大会運営のスタッフの方々への感染拡大のリスクが、少しでも減ったことに安堵する気持ちもあります。このような状況の中で、選手に競技の場を設けようとギリギリまで尽力してくださった ISU に感謝の意を申し上げます。

今回の中止を受けて、改めて新型コロナウィルスについて、また、ウィルス感染について考える機会ができたと思っています。このような対応がなされたからこそ、より一層、注意を払って生活していかなくてはと思いました。

そして、今シーズンの最後まで応援してくださった方々、本当にありがとうございました。

来シーズンに向け、今の限界の先へと行けるよう、練習していきます。

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200312-00000188-spnannex-spo