Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Blue flame hmm

Honestly I’m not sure if it’s just the meaning of his words lost in translation or... I honestly don’t fully understand what he’s getting at here 🤔

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Blue flame hmm

Honestly I’m not sure if it’s just the meaning of his words lost in translation or... I honestly don’t fully understand what he’s getting at here 🤔

But, but Yuzuru---I've always envisioned that your fighting spirit is Red, but your soul has been burning in Blue flames.

Whack me in the head if I'm wrong. 

On 2/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, wildstrawberry said:

1 million views in 2 days,legends only,isu can't relate

Sure wish I could understand Japanese :sigh:

42 minutes ago, AkaneYamashina said:

But, but Yuzuru---I've always envisioned that your fighting spirit is Red, but your soul has been burning in Blue flames.

Whack me in the head if I'm wrong. 

Blue seems calmer than red, but blue flames burn hotter than red ones :yes:

I think what he is trying to say is the contrast of his young passion vs his mature passion, one being more chaotic and the other being more focused perhaps? Just an interpretation. Well not to mean he isn't still very young, ofc, but having reached more of a full form in his art and his thinking :sipping:

On 2020/2/10 at 午後6時56分, peach-blossomさんが言いました:

It’s so weird bumping into another LOGH fan here! For some reason, when I saw Yuzu’s seimei costume I was reminded of Reinhard’s flowing white cape and black uniform...😅

You mean these Emperors, right?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4c/c2/b7/4cc2b72626aeff8a1a9b709a3e40150d.jpg

https://twitter.com/yaji_tanker/status/799268974110199808

My heart leaps with happiness when he talkes about his new found confidence in his skating & the clear path he sees ahead... but then sooo selfishly my poor heart skips a bit when he says "I was able to finaly do this at the very end"... my selfish heart is sooo not ready... 🙏😭💖💜

I really hope that Yuzu doesn't measure himself by the standards of the ISU and their scores. Yuzu's work and performances stand by themselves and speak for themselves. :worship:

14 minutes ago, Annie19 said:

My heart leaps with happiness when he talkes about his new found confidence in his skating & the clear path he sees ahead... but then sooo selfishly my poor heart skips a bit when he says "I was able to finaly do this at the very end"... my selfish heart is sooo not ready... 🙏😭💖💜

What Yuzu said (最後の最後にちゃんと取り切れた) can be interpreted both ways, but I think what he really meant here is just that he finally got the 4CC title as the last title of his super slam. Just before he says that, he contrasts his experience with the 'norm' of winning more low-level comps before the Olympics. The way I understand it, the point he's making is that his career has been pretty unusual. If you read more deeply into it, of course he probably feels that his career is closer to the end than the beginning. But I don't think he wanted to imply here that he's necessarily planning to retire soon. If anything, I think he seems to have found a new motivation to skate for himself. 

Wow! Yuzu is really admired and popular in China. To be mentioned in the most official newspaper like that... :clapping-smiley: