General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Has anyone heard of Courtney Milan?

Courtney Milan is the pseudonym of Heidi Bond and is a highly successful historical and contemporary romance novelist.

However, she is much more than that. She is a very intelligent woman and graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. On graduation, she was a federal circuit court and later Supreme Court of the United States clerk. They only pick the top law graduates for these prestigious positions. They basically do all the research for the judges. She later transitioned into the position of a law professor at Seattle University School of Law for three years before becoming a full-time novelist.

She is an advocate of inclusiveness, diversity and the Metoo Movement. Her allegations of sexual harassment by Federal Judge Alex Kozinski brought his retirement from his lifelong appointment and a review by the Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts of how sexual harassment reports are handled in the federal judiciary.

She came to my attention because I received a Google Alert for Yuzuru Hanyu for the following article:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/exclusive-constance-wu-celeste-ng-prominent-asian-americans-endorse-elizabeth-n1120721

Constance Wu, Celeste Ng, prominent Asian Americans endorse Elizabeth Warren

More than 100 Asian-American and Pacific Islander creatives, activists, and academics endorsed the Democratic presidential candidate on Thursday.

I thought WTF has any of this to do with Yuzuru Hanyu?

I looked at the list of prominent Asian Americans and came upon Courtney Milan:

Courtney Milan (CO), New York Times best-selling author; Former SCOTUS Clerk Turned #metoo Agitator, #1 Yuzuru Hanyu Fan

This is a very interesting person. Read the Wikipedia article about her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Milan

Courtney Milan is listed in the 30 Romance Authors of Colour You Should Be Reading.

http://twincitiesgeek.com/2019/12/30-romance-authors-of-color-you-should-be-reading/

Author, advocate, attorney, and dinosaur emoji connoisseur. Milan has written both contemporary and historical romance, including the recent Mr. Martin's Incomparable Adventure and The Countess Conspiracy. She also sews replica figure skating outfits for Pooh dolls to throw onto the ice for Yuzuru Hanyu.

She was at the 2019 ACI in Oakville. Her Facebook post of September 14, 2019 about “some thoughts/feelings about the experience of seeing Yuzuru Hanyu in person this week.”

facebook.com/courtneymilanauthor/posts/okay-some-thoughtsfeelings-about-the-experience-of-seeing-yuzuru-hanyu-in-person/2943886545625634/

OK, some thoughts/feelings about the experience of seeing Yuzuru Hanyu in person this week.

1. He is much more magnetic in person than I can describe. It was physically hard to look somewhere else. And it’s not just because I’m totally in the tank for him. I wanted to watch Junhwan’s run through and started doing so, but “bam” back to Yuzu.

2. He’s “really” cute, and I don’t mean his physical features (although that, too) – he has a sense of humor to his physical movements in practice, when he messes something up? It’s like his body expresses what he’s feeling. He tells jokes without words.

3. He’s probably the single most expressive person I have ever seen. His ability to communicate clear thoughts with facial expressions/line of his body/eyes is not paralleled.

There was a point where he pushed right up against the hockey glass, back to it, and stared down at the ice, and just the way it...felt. I knew he was waiting for there to be a clear path so he could to his step sequence, and lo.

I’m not sure “how” he communicated this, but he did.

Yuzu came and leaned against the glass on this side of the arena and the entire audience leaned toward him.

Courtney Milan's Tweet January 8, 2020:

Courtney Milan dedicated her novel Mr. Martin's Incomparable Adventure to Yuzuru Hanyu.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=UCuODwAAQBAJ&pg=PT3&lpg=PT3&dq=courtney+milan+Yuzuru+Hanyu&source=bl&ots=z68R3_wPOe&sig=ACfU3U2ZomhmsLRAUxdca17yfYMkfV7tgQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj5_9q-3JrnAhVOgp4KHWbLC7wQ6AEwEnoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=courtney milan Yuzuru Hanyu&f=false

For Yuzuru Hanyu –

the eternal proof that not all men

also a very good source of calming videos

(again the sea of flags from Japan

what can he produce lying in fifth place?)

I follow her on Twitter already but I didn't know about the "sea of flags from Japan... " mention in her book. Great choice <3

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Courtney Milan is the pseudonym of Heidi Bond and is a highly successful historical and contemporary romance novelist.

However, she is much more than that. She is a very intelligent woman and graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. On graduation, she was a federal circuit court and later Supreme Court of the United States clerk. They only pick the top law graduates for these prestigious positions. They basically do all the research for the judges. She later transitioned into the position of a law professor at Seattle University School of Law for three years before becoming a full-time novelist.

She is an advocate of inclusiveness, diversity and the Metoo Movement. Her allegations of sexual harassment by Federal Judge Alex Kozinski brought his retirement from his lifelong appointment and a review by the Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts of how sexual harassment reports are handled in the federal judiciary.

She came to my attention because I received a Google Alert for Yuzuru Hanyu for the following article:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/exclusive-constance-wu-celeste-ng-prominent-asian-americans-endorse-elizabeth-n1120721

More than 100 Asian-American and Pacific Islander creatives, activists, and academics endorsed the Democratic presidential candidate on Thursday.

Courtney Milan (CO), New York Times best-selling author; Former SCOTUS Clerk Turned #metoo Agitator, #1 Yuzuru Hanyu Fan

Courtney Milan is listed in the 30 Romance Authors of Colour You Should Be Reading.

http://twincitiesgeek.com/2019/12/30-romance-authors-of-color-you-should-be-reading/

Author, advocate, attorney, and dinosaur emoji connoisseur. Milan has written both contemporary and historical romance, including the recent Mr. Martin's Incomparable Adventure and The Countess Conspiracy. She also sews replica figure skating outfits for Pooh dolls to throw onto the ice for Yuzuru Hanyu.

She was at the 2019 ACI in Oakville. Her Facebook post of September 14, 2019 about “some thoughts/feelings about the experience of seeing Yuzuru Hanyu in person this week.”

facebook.com/courtneymilanauthor/posts/okay-some-thoughtsfeelings-about-the-experience-of-seeing-yuzuru-hanyu-in-person/2943886545625634/

OK, some thoughts/feelings about the experience of seeing Yuzuru Hanyu in person this week.

1. He is much more magnetic in person than I can describe. It was physically hard to look somewhere else. And it’s not just because I’m totally in the tank for him. I wanted to watch Junhwan’s run through and started doing so, but “bam” back to Yuzu.

2. He’s “really” cute, and I don’t mean his physical features (although that, too) – he has a sense of humor to his physical movements in practice, when he messes something up? It’s like his body expresses what he’s feeling. He tells jokes without words.

3. He’s probably the single most expressive person I have ever seen. His ability to communicate clear thoughts with facial expressions/line of his body/eyes is not paralleled.

There was a point where he pushed right up against the hockey glass, back to it, and stared down at the ice, and just the way it...felt. I knew he was waiting for there to be a clear path so he could to his step sequence, and lo.

Yuzu came and leaned against the glass on this side of the arena and the entire audience leaned toward him.

Courtney Milan dedicated her novel Mr. Martin's Incomparable Adventure to Yuzuru Hanyu.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=UCuODwAAQBAJ&pg=PT3&lpg=PT3&dq=courtney+milan+Yuzuru+Hanyu&source=bl&ots=z68R3_wPOe&sig=ACfU3U2ZomhmsLRAUxdca17yfYMkfV7tgQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj5_9q-3JrnAhVOgp4KHWbLC7wQ6AEwEnoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=courtney milan Yuzuru Hanyu&f=false

For Yuzuru Hanyu –

I'd never heard of her (and do not read romance novels - ever) but I'll start following her on Twitter.  What an amazing and diverse background (and -as a lapsed scientist,  I am particularly impressed with the master's degree in theoretical physical chemistry that she never did anything with, other than doing all the stuff necessary to get it).  She does use words so well - I had exactly the same reaction that she did at ACI. Magnetic.  I was mesmerized.  And in one of the videos I was taking, I was trying to follow Jun and his run-through and then - Yuzu.  Immediate shift in the focus of the video.  And she's only 43.  Wow.

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

For Yuzuru Hanyu –

Oddly enough, she first showed up in my Twitter feed for a tweet about health care, of all things. I had no idea about all the rest. Nor that she was at ACI this year. 

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

For Yuzuru Hanyu –

I've seen her quite a bit on my TL talking about Yuzu and writing novels. However I didn't know of her extensive background, such an impressive woman!! Yuzu would be proud to have such accomplished and dedicated fanbase :clapclap4:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oddly enough, she first showed up in my Twitter feed for a tweet about health care, of all things. I had no idea about all the rest. Nor that she was at ACI this year. 

Anybody who is anybody was a ACI this year.  (And I didn't know either....nor had I heard of her.)

16 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Which video is this?

It's only 13 seconds long - I think it's from Skate Canada. Not NHK and not GP Final - there's the ISU symbol in the ice and he doesn't quite land on that - so SCI.  And, yes, I just watched multiple Otonals to see if I could figure it out.  But 13 seconds?  How does 13 sec get a million views, and on what platform?  

15 hours ago, Geo1 said:

For Yuzuru Hanyu –

I am definitely aware of her (twitter acc), but it is only now that I know of her illustrious achievements — that is indeed an impressive CV, to say the least... :clapclap4: