General Yuzuru Chat

I. Am. So. Excited! I took a risk and asked a friend living in Japan to find some clear files for me 😭. I hated asking her because I felt like I was imposing💦. But she assured me the worst she could say was no, so I asked and she got me 2 clear files💕💕. She offered to get me others, but I felt bad 😅😂. So I passed. Gotta be content with what I got! I wish I could figure out how to upload images 😂😂. I am stoked!!

5 часов назад, Kat сказал:

I. Am. So. Excited! I took a risk and asked a friend living in Japan to find some clear files for me 😭. I hated asking her because I felt like I was imposing💦. But she assured me the worst she could say was no, so I asked and she got me 2 clear files💕💕. She offered to get me others, but I felt bad 😅😂. So I passed. Gotta be content with what I got! I wish I could figure out how to upload images 😂😂. I am stoked!!

I asked a Japanese friend to buy chocolates to get files online, but Lotte site just crashed :rofl3:, so later he wrote to me that bought chocolates for 3 files in a shop, was very kind from him)) but I must wait till my other friend will go to Japan to get them, not to pay for delivery 

2 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

Yuzu in Stars on Ice this year?

https://figureskate-soi.com/kg/skaters.html

Yes, he will be in Hachinohe (April 3,4,5) and Yokohama (April 10,11,12).

All of us here were in the state of mini panic today after knowing the news:smiley-shocked032:

It's totally unexpected and I honestly don't know what to think. Last time he was at SOI was six years ago in 2014, right after winning the Gold medal at Sochi, and that  was when I saw him skate live in the arena for the first time. Since then he has never skated at SOI. Why now? A part of me thinks that he might r..... after the Worlds, but I really don't know.

Another problem is that this SOI show is usually rather boring in spite of super expensive tickets. At least the show I saw in 2014 was not that interesting except Yuzu. It's a show for the IMG skaters, so Yuzu didn't appear in the opening, and the finale was very short and not exciting at all.

However, MOI after the Nationals was known to be very boring in the past three years, but this time it was a really nice show with many contents of Yuzu (beautiful opening with Yuzu's hydro, a group number of Japanese skaters including Yuzu with a bonus of singing Yuzu, great SEIMEI, finale and Yuzu throwing stuffed animals to the audience, etc) Will SOI change in the same as MOI? Very unlikely, but still I have applied for Hachinohe and Yokohama, one day each :facepalm:

A venue of Hachinohe is so small (only capacity of 3500 people) that I don't expect to be able to get a ticket. Just if I'm super lucky....

4 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

Yuzu in Stars on Ice this year?

https://figureskate-soi.com/kg/skaters.html

45 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

All of us here were in the state of mini panic today after knowing the news:smiley-shocked032:

It's totally unexpected and I honestly don't know what to think. Last time he was at SOI was six years ago in 2014, right after winning the Gold medal at Sochi, and that  was when I saw him skate live in the arena for the first time. Since then he has never skated at SOI. Why now? A part of me thinks that he might r..... after the Worlds, but I really don't know.

I thought FaOI isn't doing any shows in April in Japan this year because of Olympics? Maybe that's why Yuzu picked SOI instead? 

1 hour ago, CaroSkate said:

Do you know if SOI will print your name on the ticket and check it before entrance? I am thinking of using a proxy.:2lbkos0:

According to the notification on the ticket site, only the ticket for the front row seat, the most expensive one, has a name of a ticket holder printed. Your identification will be checked on entering. The rest of the tickets of other categories are not mentioned in the notification. I assume a name will not be printed, or you won't be checked even if a name is printed.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I thought FaOI isn't doing any shows in April in Japan this year because of Olympics? Maybe that's why Yuzu picked SOI instead? 

FaOI is from the end of May to June every year, and so is this year. The schedule has already been announced here: https://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/#schedule.

No skaters have been confirmed for the show yet, though.

2 hours ago, daisyjune said:

Another problem is that this SOI show is usually rather boring in spite of super expensive tickets. At least the show I saw in 2014 was not that interesting except Yuzu. It's a show for the IMG skaters, so Yuzu didn't appear in the opening, and the finale was very short and not exciting at all.

However, MOI after the Nationals was known to be very boring in the past three years, but this time it was a really nice show with many contents of Yuzu (beautiful opening with Yuzu's hydro, a group number of Japanese skaters including Yuzu with a bonus of singing Yuzu, great SEIMEI, finale and Yuzu throwing stuffed animals to the audience, etc) Will SOI change in the same as MOI? Very unlikely, but still I have applied for Hachinohe and Yokohama, one day each :facepalm:

A venue of Hachinohe is so small (only capacity of 3500 people) that I don't expect to be able to get a ticket. Just if I'm super lucky....

I was thinking of various possible reasons:

1. maybe this could be the talked about tour with Il Volo? Does SOI in Japan have live singers?

2. The Hachinohe will open a new rink and is in his area and he's attending for the image. And the Yokohama rink it's special to him for skating there after his rink closed in 2011.

3. Yuzu has appointments due to the Olympics and cannot go to FAOI / FAOI is not held at all due to the Olympics

4. He will do both shows as he doesn't have injuries - presuming he can withdraw in case something like that appears

The 3rd one I would like the least, as I was planning to go visit Japan this year and do it during the FAOI period to maybe have a chance to go to some shows (in the idea that i could get tickets). I chose between this and worlds, as it would cost about the same with some good seats there. Right now, I'm thinking of maybe changing my mind, although all the good tickets for WC are gone and I'm not sure I have the chance to find someone selling.

27 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

I was thinking of various possible reasons:

1. maybe this could be the talked about tour with Il Volo? Does SOI in Japan have live singers?

2. The Hachinohe will open a new rink and is in his area and he's attending for the image. And the Yokohama rink it's special to him for skating there after his rink closed in 2011.

3. Yuzu has appointments due to the Olympics and cannot go to FAOI / FAOI is not held at all due to the Olympics

4. He will do both shows as he doesn't have injuries - presuming he can withdraw in case something like that appears

The 3rd one I would like the most, as I was planning to go visit Japan this year and do it during the FAOI period to maybe have a chance to go to some shows (in the idea that i could get tickets). I chose between this and worlds, as it would cost about the same with some good seats there. Right now, I'm thinking of maybe changing my mind, although all the good tickets for WC are gone and I'm not sure I have the chance to find someone selling.

I don't think we should draw any conclusions regarding FAOI attendance from the fact that Yuzu is going to SOI. These aren't mutually exclusive - Yuzu has done both SOI and FAOI before in his career.

The dates don't overlap, and in any case, Yuzu doesn't need to participate in all of the locations. In the last couple of years, he's been limiting ice show attendances due to injuries, but if he's healthy, why couldn't he do both? He likes performing after all, and there are ways to change program layouts etc. depending on condition, so he doesn't necessarily need to do super demanding programs all the time (although we know that often happens anyway..). FAOI isn't cancelled because of the Olympics (if that was the case, they wouldn't have announced it in the first place), and I'm pretty sure the Il Volo 'tour' is linked with FAOI, because they mentioned it would be in May (FAOI has both Japan and Shanghai dates in May, while SOI is in April).

I still think it's quite likely that Yuzu is going to FAOI, and this SOI announcement doesn't change that in any way. FAOI has often announced Yuzu's participation pretty late, as far as I recall. In any case, this SOI announcement makes me happy - it seems that Yuzu is confident he can stay in good physical health throughout the spring. And SOI is a pretty high-quality production too. Looking forward to it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

he'll have the chance before that, at worlds. i'm thinking Patrick will be there.

Patrick's one of the athlete ambassadors. Not only will he be there, it might actually be his job to talk to Yuzu (and the other athletes)...something about this just tickles my funnybone. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Patrick's one of the athlete ambassadors. Not only will he be there, it might actually be his job to talk to Yuzu (and the other athletes)...something about this just tickles my funnybone. 

Maybe we’ll have Yuzu and PChiddy skating around holding hands like Yuzu and Dai. One can always dream, even though I don’t know if ambassadors actually get out on the ice ...
:cheer::ohmygod:

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

Maybe we’ll have Yuzu and PChiddy skating around holding hands like Yuzu and Dai. One can always dream, even though I don’t know if ambassadors actually get out on the ice ...
:cheer::ohmygod:

Didn't Yuzu once say he wished he could be carried piggy back by Patrick in order to learn how Patrick skates? :smiley-devil: why no, I'm not trying to start anything...why do you ask? :smiley-music025: