General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right? When you see it in person it's almost like he's flying. Like really flying, like a bird. 

People talk about 1-foot-skating and 2-foot-skating. In Yuzu's case you can also measure the ratio of 0-foot-skating. It might be bigger than you think :xD:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

People talk about 1-foot-skating and 2-foot-skating. In Yuzu's case you can also measure the ratio of 0-foot-skating. It might be bigger than you think :xD:

No kidding! It's like the guy studies levitation in his spare time. :bee-smiley:

8 hours ago, Veveco said:

Is this new or did I miss it before? Zuzu is on fire. Ganbatte Nippon!! :003:

He's really selling it! Makes me think he'd be an amazing coach some day. Imagine the pep talks! Sounds like he said something along the lines of  "Strongest Japan, each and everyone one of you turn the pressure into strength, everybody as one, do your best, Japan."

Now that FaOI is going to open in Shanghai, I wonder if the japanese leg will allow foreigners to buy tickets.

Schedule wise I can only go to the Kobe one.

And the wait for Yuzu is just so tiring for just as much as preparing to see him.

I miss him so bad I guess.

14 hours ago, fyere0 said:

He might be able to, but his flip is historically his weakest triple. He used to have a lip (a Lutz edge on his flip) and he only managed to correct it I think in 2014, which was already a small miracle. It's better now, to the extent that he can do that 4T-3F, but his inside edge is still not the deepest and making it more difficult by turning into a quad might result in an unclear edge or wrong edge call (for Yuzu it would undoubtedly be the latter because he isn't given any leeway) and a loss of points. So maybe he can do one but he doesn't want to put it into competition if it won't be 100% clear, out of steps, with short preparation, done to the music..... XD

He did say he's been training 4F so it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly the case - he can do it but he just won't put it into competition (yet). 

14 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

He's really selling it! Makes me think he'd be an amazing coach some day. Imagine the pep talks! Sounds like he said something along the lines of  "Strongest Japan, each and everyone one of you turn the pressure into strength, everybody as one, do your best, Japan."

This makes me quite certain that the Tokyo Olympics will use Yuzu to the max in promoting not only the Olympics in general but particularly Japan's athletes.  Expect not only more shorts like this but also extended documentaries.  Getting Yuzu and Kohei together for a joint interview on the Olympic experience is almost a certainty since it's so logical that the two highest profile Olympic athletes, one from the Winter games and one from the Summer games should be seen together.  This short pep talk makes me fairly certain that Yuzu might be used on every appropriate occasion in the torch relay and opening ceremony.  Unlike the JSF the Japan Olympic committee knows Yuzu is the most clickable athlete in Japan.  They'll use him whenever and wherever they can.

16 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Thank you for the translation!!! I only understand ganbare(?) is that it? Sorry I don't understand Japanese

I totally empathise with this - I can only buy one kind of headphones because they are the only ones I’ve found with earbuds small enough to fit my ears, and I’m sick of spending money on stuff I end up passing to the children.  My mother had hearing aids fitted recently and there were similar problems.  And I only use mine intermittently- he’s using his a lot presumably.