Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

47 minutes ago, glilikoi said:

It's so funny that nearly all the responses are from fanyus :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:It makes me think though, it seems that fanyus/figure skating fans are more likely to use Twitter or to engage with Olympic channel, because of course in reality, figure skating is still a pretty niche sport and most people on the street would mention some athlete in football/basketball/ice hockey/etc. when asked this question. It's kind of interesting. I wonder if FS fans are more likely to build online communities precisely because the sport is not so popular in most countries, so it's harder to find people to talk about it in real life. 

This is so true.. Especially coming from a country where ice skating of any sort is often viewed as something that we do for leisure because there's ice rinks in shopping malls.. Never a competitive career 

A Happy New Year to Everyone from Japan !! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Wish you all and of course Yuzuru happiness and health in the new year.

It's not 2020 for another 12 hours yet on my side of the world, but why not start early

Happy New Year!!!

May the best Yuzu win in 2020!!

All GOLD All YEAR!

:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:

Happy New Year everyone! May 2020 bring our favourite wonder boy all he desires. To all satellites, may you enjoy a year of good health and happiness

To all the PH Satellites and families,

新年明けましておめでとうございます。

Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year 2020!!

It is still 2019 in British Columbia but back home in Japan it is already 2020.  I miss the special atmosphere surround the New Year's in Japan, especially the deep sound of the Buddhist bells, so I attach the YT video of the bells being struck in Chion-in, Kyoto - just a few minutes ago.  I have been taught that the resonant sound of the bell is meant to make us reflect and relinquish our thoughts and actions from the past year and to open our spirits to the here and now.  My uncle was a Zen priest of the Soto-sect, and his words still resonate in my heart... May this sound spread to all the satellites on this Planet and beyond, and let our young man grow in wisdom. 

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

To all the PH Satellites and families,

新年明けましておめでとうございます。

Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year 2020!!

It is still 2019 in British Columbia but back home in Japan it is already 2020.  I miss the special atmosphere surround the New Year's in Japan, especially the deep sound of the Buddhist bells, so I attach the YT video of the bells being struck in Chion-in, Kyoto - just a few minutes ago.  I have been taught that the resonant sound of the bell is meant to make us reflect and relinquish our thoughts and actions from the past year and to open our spirits to the here and now.  My uncle was a Zen priest of the Soto-sect, and his words still resonate in my heart... May this sound spread to all the satellites on this Planet and beyond, and let our young man grow in wisdom. 

Oh I so miss having 年越し蕎麦!! Japanese new year feels so solemn and that's totally opposite of the western count down happy party atmosphere. I sometime miss cold, dark and quiet Japanese new year but I'm happy with hot, bright and noisy Aussie new year. I think we're going to the beach on new year's day :D

Wherever you are, I wish all the satellites a HAPPY NEW YEAR. 2020 is going to be another super roller coaster ride with our wonder boy YUZURU!!  

Still 4h before 2020.

I wish all of you the best for that new year and for Yuzu to get all his skating dreams come true.

I feel very grateful we get another year to wonder and stress together with him

13 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

OT but who is going to Worlds:peekapooh:

I'm going too.  💕 

Dear Fellow Hanyuites:

Wishing you all a Healthy, Happy and Fun Filled New Year. 

Especially Lots of Good Luck for our boy. Xxx.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I wish everyone on the Planet a very Happy New Year with lots of love, fun, happiness, success and good health! 

Thank you for sticking around another year on the forum! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

To Yuzu, I wish him all the good luck and happiness, and first of all, good health in 2020, too. I will continue to cheer for him and hope that he'll be able to achieve his goals he set for himself for the next year. 2019 had its ups and downs but overall, I'm just happy that his ankles are now in better condition at the end of this year compared to the last years. 

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:Happy New Year everyone! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Happy New Year to all the fanyu family here on the Planet and to our beloved Yuzu💝😍.

May this year be golden in health, love and happiness for us all and golden in every way for Zu!