General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think it is better not to give any clicks to them. It is obvious that is what they want to get here...

I feel like he's probably already got a good few hundred (or thousand) emails, tweets etc from the more enthusiastic fanyus among us. I'm sure he'll soon see his mistake (and perhaps the others). He must have searched Yuzu to know he won both Olympics and that he has a calendar (I'm guessing everything else got snapped up and wasn't searchable). That he didn't realise it wasn't even the same event as Rippon's bronze really suggests he did minimal research. Yuzu hasn't written a book? Bet he just searched US Amazon because I just searched on the .jp site and I could very quickly end up thousands of dollars poorer for it lol. There is so much stuff.

He's a financial planner who is also a blogger. I'm relieved he's not a real journalist. 

Omg you guys.... the shade on Twitter directed at Forbes right now.... 

<3  So delicious.

ETA: I kept scrolling and then came across all these tweets from March with Yuzu being on the Forbes 30 under 30. I'm cackling away like a witch on the inside. 

35 minutes ago, memae said:

I feel like he's probably already got a good few hundred (or thousand) emails, tweets etc from the more enthusiastic fanyus among us. I'm sure he'll soon see his mistake (and perhaps the others). He must have searched Yuzu to know he won both Olympics and that he has a calendar (I'm guessing everything else got snapped up and wasn't searchable). That he didn't realise it wasn't even the same event as Rippon's bronze really suggests he did minimal research. Yuzu hasn't written a book? Bet he just searched US Amazon because I just searched on the .jp site and I could very quickly end up thousands of dollars poorer for it lol. There is so much stuff.

He's a financial planner who is also a blogger. I'm relieved he's not a real journalist. 

Even on Amazon US you can find magazines and his book-unless that is gone now. That guy did zero research and it shows.

35 minutes ago, Kat said:

Even on Amazon US you can find magazines and his book-unless that is gone now. That guy did zero research and it shows.

Honestly, this guy did his research, found that it didn't fit his narrative, and just made up shit. Any cursory search of Yuzuru Hanyu on Amazon or Google will come up with FAR more than a desk calendar.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Honestly, this guy did his research, found that it didn't fit his narrative, and just made up shit. Any cursory search of Yuzuru Hanyu on Amazon or Google will come up with FAR more than a desk calendar.

True. I checked out his article and twitter-he just wants to boast/brag about Adam in a way that, as you mentioned first, fits with the narrative he wants to spin. Just sucks when these opinion articles/writers get seen as credible journalists 

I mean, the "article" is just laughably bad. Yuzu was listed on Forbes "30 under 30" list not that long ago and even has a very complementary (albeit short) bio page on Forbes.

Though my favorite Twitter reaction remains "Yuzu only has 1 desk calendar? I wish, my wallet would be so much happier!" :smiley-laughing021: 

Sorry off topics - i just opened and found this great gift on the boxing day as a new channel /corner is indeed started on the PH for satellites to leave him messages “directly”, and for the Big Boss to read them among his busy online researches:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1142-thread-1000-messages-to-yuzu/

So glad also that this is the 1000th thread on the planet... is it a real coincident,  or within his calculations again ...

:surprised_pikachu:

11 hours ago, Lilona said:

Idk what to say really...

As if. Forbes Magazine is not that dumb. I call shenanigans.  

But I do have to thank the author of the article for reminding me that there are Yuzu calendars. I need to get me a great big wall-size one to hang over my desk at work. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As if. Forbes Magazine is not that dumb. I call shenanigans.  

But I do have to thank the author of the article for reminding me that there are Yuzu calendars. I need to get me a great big wall-size one to hang over my desk at work. 

Tis the season for shenanigans.