General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

Is there something he would be involved with besides the torch relay? The internet says the torch is passing through Kansai and Chuubu during the FaOI Shanghai dates (end of May), and I don't see any reason he would be involved in that. Surely he'd be either part of the Sendai leg (June 22) or the cauldron lighting on July 24.

I'm thinking Yuzu might possibly be involved with both the torch relay and the cauldron lighting ceremony.  There will probably be several torch-bearers going through Sendai and it would be most appropriate for Yuzu's stage to involve his home ice-rink in some manner.  As for the cauldron, Yuzu won't be the person who ignites it, though he might possibly be involved with it as the torch moves around the stadium grounds.  If he's not competing in these summer games coming up I would think that Kohei Uchimura, would be the odds-on favorite to light the cauldron.

1 hour ago, airi said:

I don't think Yuzu will be the final person who ignites Olympic cauldron, but I'd say it's 95% he will be at opening ceremony. He is just to big to not be there.

But also I think (hope) he will do most of FaOI, if not all stops.

Yes, yes!!!

I have been asking  jpn fanyu to check the news, and so far Miyagi Pref. has chosen 65 torch bearers, mostly the bereaved families of earthquake/tsunami victims. 
Yuzu was not included

This fact makes me believe that somehow he will appear during the Opening Ceremony, maybe not as the last runner but at least one member of the final part. 

Can you imagine Tokyo2020 adds CGed-Pooh running along him?:dancingpooh: (i know it wont happen....but still)

Buon Natale to satellites who celebrate, happy holidays to those on holiday, and happy day, happy times to everyone anyway!:biggrin::665e343793b9: sending Yuzu all the good vibes and wishes!:smiley-gen013::loveshower::party0019:

Back to more trivial matters

8 hours ago, bubzsy said:

Happy Holidays!

My first thought was: 😱

My second: :knc_brian2: Eteri got her fan pic with her idol

😆😆😆

My third: "is Zu shorter than Eteri? (And tiptoeing to compensate?) AWWWWWWW SO C(i)UTEEEEEEEE":tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

(In Zuzu's defence I guess Eteri wears high heels lol)

23 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu Google ad in Times Square, most appropriately above the Disney Store. :D They used a lovely shot of Otonal this time!

I wonder if....

a) using Yuzuru's image was planned all along because they knew of his popularity 

b) a fanyu infiltrated Google's marketing team

c) they repeated the deed after the response they got in the comments of the first video 

:think:

16 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I wonder if....

a) using Yuzuru's image was planned all along because they knew of his popularity 

b) a fanyu infiltrated Google's marketing team

c) they repeated the deed after the response they got in the comments of the first video 

:think:

How about all options? also I'm cackling by myself just thinking about a fanyu google personnel who saw the search results + year in search and be like "finally, my time has come" :peekapooh:then immediately call up their buddy in Disney and be like "hey, about that billboard in Time Square, Imma make you an offer you cannot refuse" :9:

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu Google ad in Times Square, most appropriately above the Disney Store. :D They used a lovely shot of Otonal this time!

This is awesome omg??!! It can't be more apt that it's a billboard above Disney store~~ :nod2:

I wonder if that marketing/media staff at Google is slowly falling into the charm that is Yuzu if he/she wasn't yet already..

Anyway merry Christmas for those celebrating and happy holidays!!!

My apologies again for not being able to be active here.. I still lurk whenever competitions happen.