General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I pray that Yuzu retires in good health so that he can enjoy his life outside of competitive skating!

The comparison to Ashita no Joe....so disturbing...I can't

I have faith that Yuzu will know the appropriate time to retire and we don't have to worry about the Ashita no Joe scenario.  I think he has really matured intellectually and physically over the last 10 years and even though he is a fierce warrior that will aim for the best version of himself, he will know when he reaches his physical limitations, but his artistic vision is boundless and can well extend into his non-competition years in the future.

6 hours ago, Terrapin said:

I don't know if this video has been posted already (I'm not very good at keeping up with the thread, sorry !) but this interview is hilarious (I love Matsuoka-san thanking Nathan Chen and getting all fired up at the idea of a Yuzu-candle ^^) :free-random-smileys-214:

I love this interview, for so many reasons. You can really see what it means to be Yuzu when he talks about Nathan challenging him ( just like Yuzu once challenged Patrick, it would seem)

「とりあえずは大きな怪我なくこなすというのが一番だと自分の中では言い続けています。もちろん、世界選手権とか四大陸の選考会というのもあるので、あの、いい演技したいって気持ちも強くありますけど、まずは体調をしっかり大事にして、その上で最大限の実力を発揮できるように、ここでいい演技ができるように、いろいろ頑張ります」

Yuzu just mentioned he wants to be healthy in order to compete at Worlds and 4CC. He's planning to go to 4CC! 

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/12/18/kiji/20191218s00079000286000c.html?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

「とりあえずは大きな怪我なくこなすというのが一番だと自分の中では言い続けています。もちろん、世界選手権とか四大陸の選考会というのもあるので、あの、いい演技したいって気持ちも強くありますけど、まずは体調をしっかり大事にして、その上で最大限の実力を発揮できるように、ここでいい演技ができるように、いろいろ頑張ります」

Yuzu just mentioned he wants to be healthy in order to compete at Worlds and 4CC. He's planning to go to 4CC! 

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/12/18/kiji/20191218s00079000286000c.html?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

omg please. I'm on leave during that time, I have tickets, and I won't have to fly halfway around the world. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Just now, shanshani said:

omg please. I'm on leave during that time, I have tickets, and I won't have to fly halfway around the world. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Just booked tickets after this.

But I just checked the site and all the gold tickets are sold out...

Hurry guys

:3:

The good seats are almost gone

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Just booked tickets after this.

But I just checked the site and all the gold tickets are sold out...

Hurry guys

:3:

The good seats are almost gone

The gold sold out really quickly. I didn't realize tickets were out yesterday until a few hours after ticket release, and there were basically no gold left (only a couple that would randomly show up because fans had booked and then canceled, which weren't very good).

I just went for first row silver on the short side where he may or may not attempt 4A instead :13877886:

14 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

Sounds like he's open to going to 4CC. It feels more and more like he's wrapping up with Worlds 2020. This might be the third to last time we get to see him compete. I wanna cry... ... :sadPooh: but whatever makes you happy Yuzu   :cri:

Hmmm he did say he wants to jump all quads in one program and that it is his dream.. So I won't think he is retiring yet... 

46 minutes ago, MatchaBeans said:

Sounds like he's open to going to 4CC. It feels more and more like he's wrapping up with Worlds 2020. This might be the third to last time we get to see him compete. I wanna cry... ... :sadPooh: but whatever makes you happy Yuzu   :cri:

If he does wrap up with worlds, then I'm glad I was able to follow him for one complete season. Unlike when I fell in love with Yuna Kim and it was too late.

2 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

What recently said suggest retiring after Worlds? I mean, that could happen for different reasons, but why being open to go to 4CC makes it more possible? One has nothing to do with other imo.

1 minute ago, airi said:

What recently said suggest retiring after Worlds? I mean, that could happen for different reasons, but why being open to go to 4CC makes it more possible? One has nothing to do with other imo.

I agree. If he wants to do 4CC it is because he loves competing...not because he wants to retire. Retirement is a sensitive topic to fanyus and I feel some just blurt it out without much thought..