Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, nkroolik said:

2020GPF will be in Beijing. And the 2021 Worlds will be in Stockholm (probably also very  expensive). 

 

 

 

You mean 2020 GPF will be a test event for 2022 olympics? I want to be there. And China is presumably much cheaper than Canada and Europe right? 

 

I want to go to Sweden, but Montreal doesn't seem to have that Europe vibe I want from a travel (more metropolitan urban vibe), so I am contemplating whether or not I should go. I can make time for Worlds, but tell me. 

 

 

Is Montreal worth going as a tourist spot? Does it have many tourist spots? I found a hostel near Centre Bell and it wasn't that expensive (though much more expensive than russia). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Is Montreal worth going as a tourist spot? Does it have many tourist spots? I found a hostel near Centre Bell and it wasn't that expensive (though much more expensive than russia).

In my experience, Europe is profoundly more expensive than Canada on every possible front, but then again i have never visited Russia. 

 

As for Montreal, yes, it has tourist places, and some of them are amazing, but it really depends what you're looking for. Montreal is one of the oldest cities in Canada but by European standards it's a baby - only 375 years old. So it has interesting architecture and history, and then there's Mount Royal itself. It attracts a lot of Japanese visitors, but as far as I know, they tend to come for the shopping and the underground city (which I don't think are all that exciting). It's also a leading city in the arts world, a whole movement (les Automatistes) started here in the 60s. 

 

Come to Montreal if you're interested in the history of Canada and particularly the history of French Canada, if you like good food, and if you're interested in art and architecture, and in how a culture can change on a dime (as Quebec culture did in the 50's and 60's during the Quiet Revolution, moving away from the excessive influence of the Catholic Church to a secular lifestyle almost overnight), I would say. 

 

And parts of it do have a European feel, other parts are very modern, almost futuristic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

 

 

 

You mean 2020 GPF will be a test event for 2022 olympics? I want to be there. And China is presumably much cheaper than Canada and Europe right? 

 

I want to go to Sweden, but Montreal doesn't seem to have that Europe vibe I want from a travel (more metropolitan urban vibe), so I am contemplating whether or not I should go. I can make time for Worlds, but tell me. 

 

 

Is Montreal worth going as a tourist spot? Does it have many tourist spots? I found a hostel near Centre Bell and it wasn't that expensive (though much more expensive than russia). 

 

For me, Montreal was a dream. I loved it there so much and I always tell anyone who's going on an extended trip to that area of North America to go check it out. But March weather is terrible. There are lots of museums and galleries, there's the old town, lots of gorgeous parks, lots of places to eat and drink and have fun (especially near the universities), some beautiful old buildings (churches/cathedrals, especially), great shopping (the Plateau is heaven for anyone into vintage). It has its own vibe. I'm obviously very biased towards Montreal, but I do think it's quite a special city and it's worth checking out on its own, even without the lure of Worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

 

Is Montreal worth going as a tourist spot? Does it have many tourist spots? I found a hostel near Centre Bell and it wasn't that expensive (though much more expensive than russia). 

Bit off topic but for me, absolutely. Worlds will be my second time visiting and i am so excited to go back! For me it didn't feel like "America" at all, it was like its own little world. I spent a week just exploring the city (and the food!!), and the views are amazing <3 definitely one of my favourite cities :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

 

 

Sorry for being shallow... but he has such a healthy look and perfect skin in these pictures :10636614:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to see Yuzu for the first time in just a couple of hours and I think I might die😂

AND i don’t have anyone to talk to because my only friend who actually cares about Yuzu is at school and she doesn’t have a phone

So... I’m just trying to find someone to talk to because I’m too excited😅😅

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I envy you - have a fabulous time - I hope you get to see a great performance :agree2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Corina said:

I’m going to see Yuzu for the first time in just a couple of hours and I think I might die😂

AND i don’t have anyone to talk to because my only friend who actually cares about Yuzu is at school and she doesn’t have a phone

So... I’m just trying to find someone to talk to because I’m too excited😅😅

 

 

We are here, and there will be PLENTY of other fans there to share the excitement with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Title: Adaptability

 

Frame no. 1:
Caption: My oldest son after seeing figure skating
*The figure skater in the center is Hanyu senshu
Her son: "What is this?"
His mom: "It's figure skating. You skate on the ice."
Her son: "I want to do it!"

 

Frame no. 2:
Caption: He seems to have been impressed by the Pooh-sans after Hanyu senshu finished his performance
Her son: "So many Pooh-sans!"

 

Frame no.3:
Caption: He reacts like this even when he is seeing other skaters
*A skater from overseas on TV
Her son: "No Pooh-san is flying to him."

 

Frame no.4:
Caption: ...and even when he watches Smou wrestling
Her son: "Hakuhou (t/n: the name of the wrestler) won! He is the champion!"
Her son: "No Pooh-san is flying to him!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might have died a little😂😂😂

Like

I saw Yuzu

With my own eyes

And he’s real😱

But that fall during the run through... It hurt me too😂I was actually worried but then he seemed alright...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corina said:

I think I might have died a little😂😂😂

Like

I saw Yuzu

With my own eyes

And he’s real😱

But that fall during the run through... It hurt me too😂I was actually worried but then he seemed alright...

Ah yes, that Post Live-Cryptid-Witnessing syndrome... Feels amazing, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...