1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

And he and Toshi could do guest appearences on each other's channels lol (Toshi has a sweets making youtube channel, though I'm not sure he still posts)

The pants are still weird... and he looks a bit more tired than usual, but always loving Ghana videos!

The first hot chocolate, though... I defended his first attempt, and the second, but this one really looks like he's trying to give us all diabetes, on top of the heart conditions we probably all have from being his fans already... (since they said it's a present to his fans) :1:

At least this year they didn’t make him drink his concoction :10814716: 
It’s exactly the kind of fluffy content we needed before NHK. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Maybe it's time for me to make a hot chocolate from my Ghana that's been in my desk in the past 1.5 years...:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I will leave out marshmallow but I'll add everything else!

Yuzu is adorable:

You mean the drink with the heaps of flashy, sugary unnecessary crap on top that completely conceals the actual taste and quality of the hot chocolate underneath has inflated PCS?

Oh Yuzu, Yuzu. :9:

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

Hi there, I know I haven't written since late September but I have some questions. First off is that I already sent him some fan mail in the skater's gift box (a letter with a translated copy, stickers, some pictures and a self addressed envelope) at ACI 2019. Just hearing that it would take a few years to hear back from him, I wonder that amount of time has changed or if it has stayed the same? Would like to hear if anyone in the forum has heard from him though. 

On a side note, I am having a hard time deciding on another figure skating event to go to. However I have to keep in mind the distance from where I am at (in Ottawa, ON) and the vacation time I am entitled to per year is two weeks as an assistant cook. Even I had to draw the line with Kelowna, but I am unsure if Calgary or Mississauga is too far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Worlds is in Montreal this coming March, from the 16th to 22nd. It's only a 2 hour train ride from Ottawa. Surely you can come for one of the days if not all? I was checking out the Worlds website yesterday and there may still be tickets for the Men's events. High likelihood that Yuzu will be there. 

Also, next year Skate Canada International is in Ottawa. 

You should really sign up for notifications from Skate Canada on twitter, it gives you all the info. 

Mississauga is Nationals... should be very doable from Ottawa on a weekend. Either driving or by train. 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

You mean the drink with the heaps of flashy, sugary unnecessary crap on top that completely conceals the actual taste and quality of the hot chocolate underneath has inflated PCS?

I know, right? this year, the shade, it is strong with this one. 

Never mind the Force. May the *shade* be with you. 

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right? this year, the shade, it is strong with this one. 

Never mind the Force. May the *shade* be with you. 

He even provides us with pictures that can conveniently be used for a new *hot tea* meme. How thoughtful of him :sin:

I must thank Yuzu for bringing his smiley, adorkable self to break the pre-comp anxiety:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

though what the heck did he put in that concoction of his? LMAO one would have doubts that there is actual hot choco in that cup... I bet he couldn't even take a real sip with all those toppings he put there:smiley-laughing021:

well, at least he knows that wasn't his most brilliant performance:1:

1 時間前, fyere0さんが言いました:

Actually, he didn't say it had inflated PCS. He said, "I put on a lot (of topping) so..."
They said the theme was "mega topping of love" (and it was for his fans!) thus the sweet overload :68468287:

3 minutes ago, Lily* said:

Actually, he didn't say it had inflated PCS. He said, "I put on a lot (of topping) so..."
They said the theme was "mega topping of love" (and it was for his fans!) thus the sweet overload :68468287:

It had inflated Piles of Confectionery Stuff. :D

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I refuse to take part in this circus.:yucky:

Then Eteri will win everything lol. It's like people refusing to participate in elections and giving disproportionate voices to the minority of the country? Not participating will not stop them from taking it seriously, it'll just give them the wrong idea when others won't hesitate to participate 

12 minutes ago, Salior said:

Then Eteri will win everything lol. Not participating will not stop them from taking it seriously, it'll just give them the wrong idea when others won't hesitate to participate 

Public votes only for nominees. Winners are dicided by jury anyway.

And coach award will go to Gadbois. Bookmark me, if you want.

6 hours ago, Cynthia said:

Hi there, I know I haven't written since late September but I have some questions. First off is that I already sent him some fan mail in the skater's gift box (a letter with a translated copy, stickers, some pictures and a self addressed envelope) at ACI 2019. Just hearing that it would take a few years to hear back from him, I wonder that amount of time has changed or if it has stayed the same? Would like to hear if anyone in the forum has heard from him though. 

On a side note, I am having a hard time deciding on another figure skating event to go to. However I have to keep in mind the distance from where I am at (in Ottawa, ON) and the vacation time I am entitled to per year is two weeks as an assistant cook. Even I had to draw the line with Kelowna, but I am unsure if Calgary or Mississauga is too far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Honestly, I'm not sure if he's ever replied to fans not based in Japan. I sent a fanmail at NHK 2017 and wrote my address somewhere just for kicks and never got anything. Admittedly, it was also handwritten and it could be they didn't bother trying to decipher what it said, because I wasn't really serious about it. He gets insane amounts of fanmail, so it's unlikely he - or even his team - have any chance of keeping up with it. Hopefully he gets to read them, but even that probably takes time. He gets fanmail at competitions, he probably gets fanmail through JSF, he gets fanmail at TCC, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets fanmail at Ice Rink Sendai, too. On top of that, since there are so many by now, it's possible they have decided not to reply anymore. I know musicians who never reply to fanmail, because they would never be able to answer everyone and they don't want to appear to be favoring everyone. So, my advice is not to write to him expecting a reply at any time. I don't think it's likely to come, at least not any time soon. I think it's best to just write to him for him and be happy he'll get it and probably get to read it, sooner or later :snpeace: Also, even if the reply comes some day, it'll be some standard "Thank you for your support" message, definitely not a personalized reply to your particular letter. Because sadly, he has no time for that anymore.

If you have the chance, I'd suggest participating in message gathering campaigns as those are usually more likely to reach him directly and he might get to see those more quickly. For example, when I was at NHK 2017, there was a Yuzu poster exhibition in Sendai and they had notebooks to write messages in. I wrote a message and then when they made the big Sendai broadcasting poster I forgot what it was for, they had Yuzu Seimei hydroblading and messages from those notebooks printed around him. On the website they had a real life size version of the poster so you could read the messages and I actually found mine on it. It's very likely he did see that. Also, before Olys, P&G gathered messages for him, printed them in a huge book and you could see him flipping through it afterwards. There was also the Kose blog comments section. On top of that there are many fan projects that often get delivered straight to TCC. Those are probably easier for him to receive and go through than letters upon letters. They're also shorter, which might help him see as many as possible.