General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Yuzu:  « my olympic wins are in the past »

Me: :13877886:

He really couldn’t enjoy it more than a year and now he’s fueled again. His competitive strike is something else.

So Yuzu confirmed my thoughts from last season: he really is that type of athlete, who doesn't rest on past success. For him every season is a reset. He works his way up from 0 to the top again and again with continuous results. This is character.

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

beautiful interview ,as usual Matsuoka Shuno brings out the most interesting aspect of Yuzuru

Spoiler

I feel so sad hearing The-Double-Olympic-Gold-Medalist say he is not confident.

I know he is strong and competitive and he will overcome this, because is is Yuzuru Hanyu. But I am still angry that this can happen, even for a slight moment. I hate narratives.

In what world should the Champion, the GOAT, feel this way? 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

So Yuzu confirmed my thoughts from last season: he really is that type of athlete, who doesn't rest on past success. For him every season is a reset. He works his way up from 0 to the top again and again with continuous results. This is character.

This is why he's such a champion. "Good, better, best - never let it rest" could be his motto!

5 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Hide contents

I know he is strong and competitive and he will overcome this, because is is Yuzuru Hanyu. But I am still angry that this can happen, even for a slight moment. I hate narratives.

Well, it's bad that he felt that way, but it's good that he doesn't get complacent! That's how he keeps winning. 

Hey guys. Last time we got a "Spirit of the Athletes" documentary was 2 years ago. Do you know when they announce their next documentaries and on what site?

I'm trying to keep a track of where they announce their documentary previews for athletes. 

15 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Hide contents

That's why we all love him, because he is like that. I could not imagine him being the type of athlete who shoves his past  wins in peoples faces, wishing to be adored for them but doing nothing to still try to improve himself.

I'm not really sure what this is but they named Yuzuru at #5 c: 

Edit: 

“Big Ben Award aims to establish good examples for young people building their dreams(...)to assist young people expanding the positive energy for building the better future of the world.” 

From their website: 

"The Tenet of BBA:

1) To praise young persons and organizations by their outstanding achievements in work and society;

2) To set up typical examples;

3) To create a good atmosphere to cherish talents;

4) To encourage more young people to work hard and develop the field of vision;

5) To encourage young people to actively participate in social services, so as to enable them to improve the social responsibility;

6) To strengthen the influence of the brands, especially in the field of finance, city, art, science, education, culture, sport, and etc." 

http://www.bigbenaward.com/about 

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

Interview from the olympic channel (most of it has already been posted before). 

New sub of old video c: Yuzuru was and remains so, so strong. Sometimes i find it quite unbelievable u-u 

Edit: 

How cute! Yuzu as a senpai is my favourite :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Hahaha. When I was Yuma’s age I would have probably been afraid to talk to Yuzu too, even though obviously Yuzu is a nice guy. He definitely has an aura lol. And one of the best death glares I’ve ever seen.

3 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Hahaha. When I was Yuma’s age I would have probably been afraid to talk to Yuzu too, even though obviously Yuzu is a nice guy. He definitely has an aura lol. And one of the best death glares I’ve ever seen.

I swear the first time I saw his pics (on ice ofc), and I hadn't known anything about him, I thought this guy was beautiful but his aura was cold/aloof, seems like the one to go his way and not want to involve with others.