Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

I sometimes go back to cry at our Olympic's comments :sadPooh:

I joined after Olys and I'm afraid to go and read those comments... I cried enough all by myself when he finished Ballade... I don't need to be encouraged to bawl by seeing other satellites do so...

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I saw David. It is truly inspiring but so is most of the old part of Firenze.

Spoiler

It’s a masterpiece! I took many pics with David when I was there! So beautiful it’s mesmerizing!

9 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Personally, I wouldn't be able to choose between Italy and France, if I could visit only one of them. Luckily for me, I had enough opportunity to travel to both countries few times. I think Yuzu should see both. (But I suppose he would be interested more in the state of ice rink, than nature. Nature's turn is after he is done with skating.)

And to brag some more... Prague is not so bad - it has pretty much whole Central Europe combined in several meters.  So if Yuzu has a hard time choosing, I would suggest to come here.:LOL:

I liked  Prague. :yes: Between Italy and France, i prefer France, i have really nice memories on my time there    

8 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Dvořák is nice, the New World Symphony is probably not well suited for skating though. It's calming. Like very very calming. I know he would do magic with it, but most of the audience would probably die of boredom... 

Smetana could have some interesting pieces. (I am curious, what would Yuzu do with The Bartered Bride Overture...)

It seems as if people only know  the New World Symphony , but   Dvorak has so many great music pieces, how about his slavonic dances?

2 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

:LOL:

Being a new Planet member is so much fun!!! I just stumbled upon a historical moment of Dory costume reveal!!! I've been laughing so hard for the past 20 minutes... My husband is starting to be worried. :68468287:

Oh the Dory reveal was a moment to remember for, err, all sorts of reasons. That first picture.... lucky I was in the house on my own, because I shrieked (in my defence, I was inexperienced and thought it might be his gala costume for the year!!!!!):crazyshit:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I joined after Olys and I'm afraid to go and read those comments... I cried enough all by myself when he finished Ballade... I don't need to be encouraged to bawl by seeing other satellites do so...

Hey, we have streaming parties every now and then, i'm sure there will be a chance to relive those moments ;)

50 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Hey, we have streaming parties every now and then, i'm sure there will be a chance to relive those moments ;)

Considering that I was crying b/c of his injury and recovery,  you'll understand when I say that I don't want to cry over a Yuzu performance ever again...:sadPooh:

Someone asked Conrad Orzel during his latest instalive if he is Yuzuru's friend. Poor guy, he didn't know what to say :rofl2:He said hesitantly 'yes' at first, and then that he doesn't want to say that they're friends unless Yuzuru says so himself so he changed answer to 'no'. And in the end he decided that they're training mates.  

A few moments earlier, someone asked who is his inspiration and he mentioned Yuzuru :)

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Considering that I was crying b/c of his injury and recovery,  you'll understand when I say that I don't want to cry over a Yuzu performance ever again...:sadPooh:

Unless they are gloriously happy tears, of course, I'm sure there were plenty of those among the satellites after both skates at PD. Like you, I first watched after the fact and knowing he'd won, but found myself in tears along with Yuzuru at the end...  :cri: In fact seeing him cry set me off again.

29 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Someone asked Conrad Orzel during his latest instalive if he is Yuzuru's friend. Poor guy, he didn't know what to say :rofl2:He said hesitantly 'yes' at first, and then that he doesn't want to say that they're friends unless Yuzuru says so himself so he changed answer to 'no'. And in the end he decided that they're training mates.  

A few moments earlier, someone asked who is his inspiration and he mentioned Yuzuru :)

Poor kid :68468287: he doesn’t want to say yes and then have Yuzuru say no when someone ask him. 

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Unless they are gloriously happy tears, of course, I'm sure there were plenty of those among the satellites after both skates at PD. Like you, I first watched after the fact and knowing he'd won, but found myself in tears along with Yuzuru at the end...  :cri: In fact seeing him cry set me off again.

No, I wasn't a satellite yet, but I  watched it live on CBC and the tears sprang to my eyes as Yuzu left the ice after Ballade and gasped to Brian "I'm back! I'm back!"  because that was the moment when you could see just how much stress he'd been feeling over being injured.

I'm just sure that if I go back and read what the satellites were experiencing at that time, I'll blubber giant tears all over again.

This Washington Post article (about Adam Rippon) calls Nathan Chen "the quadruple Axel King." They should know better. I don't intend to send traffic to the article. If you don't have any interest in posting a comment following the article, don't bother to read it. Be warned, it's very long.

38 minutes ago, Maya said:

This Washington Post article (about Adam Rippon) calls Nathan Chen "the quadruple Axel King." They should know better. I don't intend to send traffic to the article. If you don't have any interest in posting a comment following the article, don't bother to read it. Be warned, it's very long.

Spoiler

Deleted by me