General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Thing is, Yuzuru never said he wasn't going to add the 4Lz, he just used many variations of "I'm not thinking of adding it at this time" (which is why many of us were like "lol, not today, Satan")

He doesn't lie, he's just not helpful :smiley-laughing021:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And then this broadcast also showed him how his 4A would look like.. his cocky '17cm = my hair' reply :knc_brian2:

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And then this broadcast also showed him how his 4A would look like.. his cocky '17cm = my hair' reply :knc_brian2:

Yuzu on the outside: "Why, thank you for all your work and calculations on this jump that I have absolutely never, under no circumstance, been playing around with with some success" :snpeace:

Yuzu on the inside: NAILED IT  :darklordyuzu:

33 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Yuzu on the outside: "Why, thank you for all your work and calculations on this jump that I have absolutely never, under no circumstance, been playing around with with some success" :snpeace:

Yuzu on the inside: NAILED IT  :darklordyuzu:

Future first lesson from Coach Yuzuru: How to be a (graceful) troll 101

But don't think he calculated out the exact extra height and extra distance he needed though, so the projection was still helpful. Boy's got some solid numbers to go by, so no wonder he's been landing it at 30% success (per Max's calculations). Next off season, prolly going to shoot through 60%?

8 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I changed the name of the rank while on the rink, i'm afraid :rofl:i saw Yuzu, i saw Brian and reflected on my life choices, "Why is there no first pancake rank?" and "Users barely out of mushroom and tissue box stage deserve to feel as good as a first pancake"

Is that supposed to be a good feeling? I'm feeling kinda flat right now...

2 時間前, Valkyriaさんが言いました:

Thing is, Yuzuru never said he wasn't going to add the 4Lz, he just used many variations of "I'm not thinking of adding it at this time" (which is why many of us were like "lol, not today, Satan")

He doesn't lie, he's just not helpful :smiley-laughing021:

He's not beneath lying through his teeth, though. He's resorted to it before. Most recent case in point (paraphrasing):

引用

Right after WTT '17:

Lady announcer from the program after WTT: So! What are you plans for next season going into the Olympics?

Hanyu: *zero hesitance* Ain't got none. Sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 1/2 months later, during open practice and media event for FS announcement at TCC:

Hanyu: Y'allbegettin'anotherseasonofSEIMEIthat'srightnonewproggiesforyounowbeforeyoustartyourwhiningi'veknownthissince2015soifyoudon'tlikeityoucanallsuckit. *drops mic*

...just sayin'.

I have a possibly very stupid question, but...

Well, if they're worried about TES outstripping the PCS so drastically and want to rein in the TES, why are they picking and choosing which quad gets deducted how much? It seems far fairer, altogether, to cut the BV of all quads by say, 12 percent, maybe the triples by five percent if they really want to, and leave the doubles as they are (random numbers being thrown around here, but you get the idea.. This cherrypicking seems to advantage skaters who're better on inside edge takeoff and not on the outside, because the only jump to stay the same right now is the triple flip, isn't it? But the good flips are usually from the ones with the bad or at least questionable lutzes, so why would one quad be cut more (considering the percentage) than the other? What is the basis for deciding BV anyway, because if they cut them unevenly, that's pretty much saying the values they'd given till now aren't accurate - they were wrong to keep the flip so much closer to the loop than the lutz till now? Is there some kind of logic behind this ten percent for one jump and fifteen for another business, and don't even get me started on the axel, like, why... No, seriously, why? Is there an actual reason?

16 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I have a possibly very stupid question, but...

Well, if they're worried about TES outstripping the PCS so drastically and want to rein in the TES, why are they picking and choosing which quad gets deducted how much? It seems far fairer, altogether, to cut the BV of all quads by say, 12 percent, maybe the triples by five percent if they really want to, and leave the doubles as they are (random numbers being thrown around here, but you get the idea.. This cherrypicking seems to advantage skaters who're better on inside edge takeoff and not on the outside, because the only jump to stay the same right now is the triple flip, isn't it? But the good flips are usually from the ones with the bad or at least questionable lutzes, so why would one quad be cut more (considering the percentage) than the other? What is the basis for deciding BV anyway, because if they cut them unevenly, that's pretty much saying the values they'd given till now aren't accurate - they were wrong to keep the flip so much closer to the loop than the lutz till now? Is there some kind of logic behind this ten percent for one jump and fifteen for another business, and don't even get me started on the axel, like, why... No, seriously, why? Is there an actual reason?

...dear, you're asking the ISU team for logic. That's usually not a good idea. Would suggest you give up on it while sanity remains.

Somewhere someone had some logic for that uneven deduction...but most likely, it's tied to the fact we don't have 10+ guys trying a quad flip yet. Once the quad flip becomes common currency like the quad Lutz is becoming amongst the men, we'll probably see a further deduction. But if that were the case, then 4Loop shouldn't see such a deduction since we have less guys trying it than a 4Lutz. But really, your guess is as good as ours....

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

...dear, you're asking the ISU team for logic. That's usually not a good idea. Would suggest you give up on it while sanity remains.

Somewhere someone had some logic for that uneven deduction...but most likely, it's tied to the fact we don't have 10+ guys trying a quad flip yet. Once the quad flip becomes common currency like the quad Lutz is becoming amongst the men, we'll probably see a further deduction. But if that were the case, then 4Loop shouldn't see such a deduction since we have less guys trying it than a 4Lutz. But really, your guess is as good as ours....

This frustrates me on so many levels.

Ugh.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Okay random question...does Yuzuru wear contacts? I can't tell from photos if he does or doesn't, but in some videos he's seen wearing glasses. Or maybe he just does have perfect vision...

I doubt he has perfect vision with those nerd glasses lol (I mean really, you think he wears glasses for "fashion"? :laughing:) so I always assumed he wears contacts  :shrug: