General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

How ever did carrots come to be code for UR?

Not sure how it started but someone said the UR sign of the score sheet looked like a carrot (<) or if you're cruel (<<)

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Was he the one who kind of started the UR call for Mao's 3A? I just remember some hate directed towards him regarding Mao.

Don't think he can judge the men's events though, due to him being a past coach of Patrick Chan, right?

Yes. He gets a LOT of hate from Mao fans because of his UR calls for her 3A. He only coached Patrick for about 6 months though and had a conflict of interest in judging men's events during 2011-2013 season (I think) because he choreographed for Peter Liebers. So, he's now free to wreck havoc in the men's field...

16 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

Gosh, < and e everywhere on those protocols! :crazyshit:  

I dunno much about him, is he considered fair or overly strict??? 

From what I hear, he's regarded as fair leaning towards harsh. He's only overly strict compared to other tech panels who let obvious technical issues pass. For example, he might not have let Kaetlyn's flutz at ACI or Wakaba's UR in her 3T at Lombardia pass.

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hmm...  you'll get different answers for that. In my opinion he's both.

He's fairly harsh/strict to everyone... :smiley-laughing021:

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

From what I hear, he's regarded as fair leaning towards harsh. He's only overly strict compared to other tech panels who let obvious technical issues pass. For example, he might have probably not have let Kaetlyn's flutz at ACI or Wakaba's UR in her 3T at Lombardia pass.

I see... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  Reminds me of that one food critic from Ratatouille :xD: 

1 hour ago, wombat-poodle said:

I see... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  Reminds me of that one food critic from Ratatouille :xD: 

He might not make it to Olympics tech panel, unless the ISU and IOC really wants to impound people. But I can totally see him in GPF. He is also not too friendly with Japanese skaters, so Japan loses home field advantage if he judges in a Japanese comp. Although to be fair, he gained his "strict" reputation due to judging the ladies field during an era where admittedly UR and edge issues were common (he wasn't the only judge to call them besides). So it is possible that he's stricter than the recent tech panels (or recent tech panels are too lenient), but not the harshest by far. I also think the men's field is a tad less tech error prone compared to the ladies field, so he might give less edge calls (though UR is still an issue in men's too).

Honestly I wouldn't mind him as my coach-if he says my technique is clean, I'd probably never need to worry about my technique right?

5 hours ago, Floria said:

Wow! What fantastic news to wake up to this morning! Skating skills has been the one area that the anti-Hanyu fans have successfully used against him, negatively comparing his skills to Chan's. 

Let's do some positive PR work for our guy and make sure this quote gets the attention it deserves.

hace 26 minutos , ruruzest said:

Ah ah ah 

the price you pay for sparkling costume :facepalm:

im with you in nostalgic feel about swan and Lgc<3

Recently I have seen some close-ups of old Seimei costume on Twitter and it  is heavily embroidered with seed beads and rhinestones, so it must have been really heavy, unless they used acrylic beads and not the glass ones.

ETA And still we will probably have a chance to see LGC and  Notte Stellata EXs this season.