General Yuzuru Chat

28 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

oh really , didn't know that since all my Japanese friends know that word and not all of them are FS followers so I was assuming it was a general thing 

The announcer and some skating magazines published after Sochi tried to use that name, so those who were around that time should know the term. However, like “Fanyu,” it was used rather mockingly by a few outsiders, and now it is mainly used as an insult by antis.

4 minutes ago, SSS said:

Thanks for update!!!!:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

so what is the populate name in Japan?

Now I feel bad that I told my friend who asked today "Fanyus"

In these days many people in Japan know who Yuzu is and casually follow him, and they all have different backgrounds and different reasons to like him, so there’s no need to label such people by giving a special name. I would just call them (us) “Hanyu-kun no fan (羽生くんのファン).” 

I just played Chopin's ballade no. 1 again for the first time in, oh, over a year, at least. 

I'd forgotten how scarily difficult that piece is. My fingers so hate me right now. But one day, one day, hahaha. I already pity my poor piano teacher. This will be the third time I'm going to approach him with the words, "My favorite figure skater is skating to this piece this season, so I need to be able to play it a bit better, too." *queue eye-roll*

I hold no illusions. At the end of my life I still won't be able to play this perfectly. I'm not that musically skilled and I don't practice eight hours a day. But every little bit of progress is acceptable. 

What I found out in SP yesterday.

1. Brain was so red...

2. Pooh was cuter now??!!??!! It looked like Pooh took a good shower...

3. ACI2017 background color sucks..the record video has sad background color...

4. I missed a WR program in person...

1 hour ago, beki said:

Satellites is cute! I feel like fanyus is usually meant to be insulting.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

So there isn't a real name for all his fans. I don't like fanyus either. Whenever I see it, it's someone using it mockingly. 

1 hour ago, robin said:

We use satellites for Planet Hanyu members and I don't think it's used outside of this forum! Yeah Fanyu is supposed to be insulting but actual fans use that expression more and more to refer to themselves. (I'm personally still not a fan of it.)

20 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I refer to myself as a Fanyu, proudly

But, yeah. I don't think it matters much what label we put on. I use satellites to refer to the collective members of this forum.

The @yuzupon's adaptation of the 'Fanyu' term is what apparently happened to the LGBT+ terminology- basically, people invented the word to insult one group, and the group went and dragged it out of their antis' mouth, making it theirs. I personally enjoy the name fanyu, since it has a nice, melodious ring in my native tongue's set accent, and the term itself basically highlight that you're a FAN, not an UBER, or somebody's else anti. That being said, just as in the analogy, I understand people disliking the word for its original connotations (mocking, insulting, belittling), and try to use it only with the first person pronouns to make sure the only person I can possibly offend is myself :biggrin: And, well, as with any other label, they were created to ease our understanding of the world, but the only ones that really matter, are those you give yourself- if you want to have one, go ahead, if you don't need it for happiness, that's just as cool^^

Satellites is one of the kindest, cutest inside jokes/pet names I was let on in, and thanks to the admin team's hard work, I think it might actually replace/oppose 'Fanyu' as the name of Yuzuru international fans orbiting around their god-erm, favorite, without negative taste fanyu leaves in some people's mouth (if Max's twitter reaction to seeing our banner is any indication, or Tracy's receiption of the swans project...Thanks @Hydroblade for making those situations come true!)

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Yomiuri newspaper this morning says "The new costume was not made in time (for this competition) and he performed in the costume from 2 seasons ago". - @yude at GS.

- trans

I wonder if it'd be reasonable to assume it's not just a color change from the old Seimei Chopin (too much Seimei in my head now)... since I don't think that'd take that long to complete? Unless he had it redone 33 times :P

19 分ぐらい, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I wonder if it'd be reasonable to assume it's not just a color change from the old Seimei Chopin (too much Seimei in my head now)... since I don't think that'd take that long to complete? Unless he had it redone 33 times :P

I think so.  They seem to say a complete new costume although whether both sp and fp or sp only isn't clear.

I always wondered if he would change his costumes.  Now I've got he will at least for sp. I can't wait 6min warmup of CoR!:003:

4 minutes ago, hamaguri said:

I think so.  They seem to say a complete new costume although whether both sp and fp or sp only isn't clear.

I always wondered if he would change his costumes.  Now I've got he will at least for sp. I can't wait 6min warmup of CoR!:003:

Yes... only another month to go... :sadPooh:

Also, I'm pretty sure he had his old guards today, so... most likely old Seimei, too... :sadPooh: (please prove me wrong, Yuzu!)

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Yes... only another month to go... :sadPooh:

Also, I'm pretty sure he had his old guards today, so... most likely old Seimei, too... :sadPooh: (please prove me wrong, Yuzu!)

Even if he uses old seimei costume,it is good. Waiting for revenge on 4S3T, waiting for old seimei to transfer power to new seimei