General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

I guess if he effs up his practice today again we can be reassured he'll nail it later. :smiley-laughing021:

:smiley-laughing021:

Does that mean if he has a brill practice, we go into panic mode? It'd be something, if everyone goes please eff up your practice Yuzuru; the other fans would think we've all finally lost it!

2 minutes ago, liv said:

I was stocked up yesterday, ate this gorgeous nutella danish... followed by dark chocolate... today demands...hmmm... not sure yet but I have time....

Nutella is a must for FS competitions mental preparation. I have the cheap copy that only says 'hazelnut chocolate spread', but the goal is reached nontheless.

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Wasn't that the most amazing part of it, though? That he didn't even look like he was putting too much effort in it. It was the same as Hope and Legacy - some called his warm-up there 'lethargic', but lethargic came to win. I really like this new and improved Yuzu, tbh :13877886:

He's calmer. I was completely knackered yesterday so I just basically went timber in the end but having watched it with, at least somewhat, fresh eyes, I think up until the moment he finished the jumps, he was careful. It wasn't the same abandonment and immersion (much like H&L) as we've sometimes seen from him and IMO this is a good thing. Hopefully he's taken note because this works. If he's feeling pressure, this is a good thing to fall back on. 

Also while I am here, I just want to say 3 things are totally standing out for me

- the first two spins - watch those amazing arms and hands; work of art

- the stsq - I have no words

- that ruddy combo - both jumps are on the music beat. I mean all right one, but it's freaking both. Both. :13877886:

You kill me Mr. Hanyu and I say give me more.

September 23,2017

The Daily Spread Eagle Express

Massive eruption of Mt Irene brings joy to Planet Hanyu citizens.

A World Record level eruption of Mt Irene was observed today.

The eruption is comparable to the Great Chopin Eruption of 2015, surpassing it almost 3 points on the Score-Type Eruption Scale.

Prime Minister Pooh gave a few words: "Recently we received a small flock of swans at the king's palace. Their presence proved beneficial for our King, as their wings provided comfort to work through this score-type Eruption. My head is also a bit sore because of all the squishing but we're very happy with the king's results".

The Eruption contained approximately 112.78 tons of blue, white and gold glitter and, surprisingly, pancakes. 

Another eruption is expected today, prbably a Costume-type Eruption.

Either way, Planet Hanyu's citizens are well stocked with chocolate and alcohol to make it through the eruptions.

Be on the lookout for the smelling salt emissions in case you start feeling dizzy.

More on this story as it develops.

Mission accomplished! The door didn't open until 6:15 , everyone surged up like a giant wave toward the door, then we all ran upstairs with huge bags , backpacks . At the door ,Thomas's frailed Japanese ladies pushed me aside I almost fell down the usher had to hold me back, but I was on a mission so I kept running to available seats and taped down bags, scarves, plastic bags, gift bags, water bottles, jacket which I spread the longest length possible, towels.....I wanted to save seats for all of our satellites  :smiley-love017:

SEIMEI here we come!!!!!

team effort , thank you Yuzuangel for holding the fort for a good 5 hours that I was able to secure those seats. :thanks::grouphug:

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

circa 12:50pm est

Oh good, that gives me plenty of time to catch up with JGP Minsk *and* half-watch the European Aerobic Gymnastics Championships. <--- no, seriously. I hadn't even heard of it before today, but the livestream crossed my facebook timeline, and like those Japanese Men's Rhythmic Gymnastics, it sure is an eye-opener! 

Well, you need something to keep you entertained and distracted. :smiley-dance018:

Speaking of on the music, I probably just didn't notice it before, or the angle wasn't good enough, but I couldn't help noticing in last night's SP that even the free leg movement on the 3A exit was on the music...  (and there was a practice video of the first day on youtube or so, and I quickly noticed it had a sound issue, because the movements didn't perfectly match the music lol)

The beauty! The beauty!  And perhaps a record to be the icing on the cake.  Thoughts about Yuzu and his focus.  Very simple.  Yuzu is not trying to be the BEST skater.  He's trying to be the PERFECT skater, which means he's really not concerned about how the others are doing.  It's more than Trust Your Training.  It's Trust Your Program, since his program, if skated cleanly, will eclipse anyone else's out there, no matter how well they do.  It's not just doing the jumps perfectly, it's not just doing the spins perfectly.  It's doing everything perfectly.  It's also remembering that the real battle in a field filled with landmine jumps is not the TES but the PCS.  Remember this.  Yuzu's advantage is not that he's capable of being the BEST skater, which others can achieve (as witnessed by the fact that Yuzu is occasionally defeated).  I think, I hope, that Yuzu realizes that his best skates come when he forgets about being best and just goes out and does the job he was trained to do.  When he does that, then he's the PERFECT skater (as witness last night, though there are a few places where he could be better but let's not quibble about little things).

I just woke up haha. Wow. I'm going to write a novel :sadPooh:brace yourselves.

I was sitting right next to the skater's entrance, so I was able to see his face perfectly while he waited. I saw him come out right after Javi went to the kiss and cry. Brian was saying something and Yuzu was nodding. At this point I could see him starting to get "in the zone". He kept pointing at his head and shaking it.

When Javi's score was announced... I knew he was going to be perfect. 

Hesmiled. His smile screamed "I can easily beat that" and nodded, as if he had expected such score. He had a very confident smile up to the moment they had to go out for the warm-up, I could see the determination burning in his eyes. He was going to show us what he could do.

When it was his turn, Brian kept patting his back, rubbing it and holding him while they walked. It looked as if he wanted to calm him down. While in front of Brian, pointing to his head and his heart with eyes closed, the moment when he opened them, he exhaled and he looked pretty relaxed. He squished Pooh very hard three times, and gave it the warmest smile I've seen on his face.  He shook Brian's hand and there he was. He was already in the zone, I felt like he didn't hear us screaming for him, but he knew we were doing it anyways :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:.

I don't have words to describe his performance, as soon as he stepped out on the ice, I knew I was going to watch something magical, more than what I had expected. I saw some people say here in the forum that they preferred the unrestrained chopin from FaOI but I think this one was a perfect balance between wildness and control. Nothing seemed to take more energy than it was necessary to get that beautiful performance. 

He looked to where we were sitting when he finished, the gesture he made after finishing his performance. My alien language translating tool interpreted it as "did you see what I did?", To dispel any doubt we might have had after that practice. And by we, I mean him too. He not only showed us what he was capable of doing, but also, I think he proved himself that he's ok.

When he had the practice earlier in the morning, I could see his frustration: when he failed his jumps, he pointed at his head and gestured with his right hand, as if asking himself "why I can't do it? Why?!" But in the real performance, he nailed everything. He was able to overcome whatever it was that was worrying him, and I'm glad.

Thank you Yuzu for such a performance. I never thought that at my first (and only, for a while) competition, you would break your own WR. I can't express how happy I am that I was there to give you my support for this competition. 

Everything has been perfect.