General Yuzuru Chat

AsteroidB-612 said:
Étudeesque said:
This looks adorable and made me laugh
love her Yuzuru cartoons, does anyone have a translation - I think Yuzuru "older" and "younger" are discussing the 4A? :rofl:

This is drawn for kid’s day in Japan (5/5) and it's big yuzu saying that his dream one day is to land a quad axel and he thinks he can do it (from that interview after competition) and little yuzu basically calling him out and saying "but you only just stabilized quad loop now"(hinting that he is too slow in progression haha)and so the big yuzu proceeds to chase him.

Anyways, sorry i couldn't find the right moment to introduce myself in the middle of you all's great discussion on techniques, but I believe that I haven't introduce myself properly in this main thread. I was a lurker back in GS and enjoyed all the discussions and updates a lot so I am very happy to have planet hanyu to continue this journey of being a fanyu! Thank you all who set this place up and all the people who kept the discussions going (be it serious or silly~) :POOH::goe:

Thank you for explaining, that's so adorable!! Little yuzu is a mischievous mushroom :laugh:

And hello! I was a lurker too but Planet Hanyu is a nice place :) 

Lol Eteri's interview is always.... something :xD:

She basically aired out the dirty laundry and the drama in her ice rinks, lmao. It is quite entertaining for me because I am not particularly a fan of her ex-skater but for their fans this would be quite of a sensitive thing to talk to. (She still scare the heck out of me until today, haha)

Anyway she has always been consistent with her fondness to Yuzuru. She commended him as early as 2012 I think, and she stays very complimentary of him until now.

Speaking of which, the Pitkeev and Voronov drama is a constant reminder to me how Javi and Yuzu could coexist (relatively) peacefully in the same rink is really something extraordinary.

Yuzu Fairy my savior uploaded the video of Yuzu discussing the technical requirements for 4A on YouTube :yay: 

I posted this bc we kinda "joke" around about him putting 4A before. I want to emphasize his reaction and expression on this video while he's talking about 4A. He really really looks like he wants to do it. :sadPooh:

He went "it's only 17 cm" and "I think I could do it" a couple of times. He also said 17 cm was only the length of his hair :omg:

I kinda got the impression this kid knew how to land this jump already from his smiley face the whole time both him and the mc were discussing this. Like his expression kinda looked like "ehm I just landed it couple weeks ago and it wasn't that hard" :devil3:

He even confirmed he jumped it already, even though he didn't say whether he landed it or not ...

Guys I'm scared like really scared... This kid is just ... unbelievable and uncontrollable most of the time ... I can't predict what's on his mind.

Speaking of which, the Pitkeev and Voronov drama is a constant reminder to me how Javi and Yuzu could coexist (relatively) peacefully in the same rink is really something extraordinary.

I was about to post this, too. I think Brian and the TCC team have done a good job of managing/balancing the 2 top athletes, especially when they are in the same discipline. Skaters' personalities play a role either. But it's a kind of amusing to read about the drama between Adian and Sergei :rofl2: . Thanks @moni for bringing the article here, an interesting read :pbow:

About 4A,

I post this at the old place before. But someone calculated his jump height previously.

The height of his 3A is 47 cm (0.62 s airtime).

If he needs 17 cm more, that requires him to jump with the height of 64 cm.

The height of his 4T is 60 cm (0.7s airtime), but this is a toepick-assisted jump thus the assistance from the toepick when he takeoff helps him achieved more height.

The height of his 4S is 53 cm (0.66 s airtime). Edge jump would have smaller height compared to toepick-assisted jumps, generally speaking.

Kurt browning said that it might require just 8-10 cm more for Yuzuru to jump the 4A, and from the several things gathered , it is more or less true.

moni said:

Wow reading this just makes me goes. >:(

Why so messy??? I mean I know you can have dramas when you practice with other athletes from the same discipline, heck my academy (different sport btw) had a lot of dramas, but never once we went around throwing tantrums to the coaches lol like what the heck.

I'm glad to know the TCC team and Yuzu are both adults who could sit in a conference room and talk things out to find a solution together. Also, I'm thankful that both Javi and Yuzu seems to be mature enough to acknowledge the differences between them thus whatever happens between those guys in the article doesn't seem to happen to Javi and Yuzu.

About 4A,

I post this at the old place before. But someone calculated his jump height previously.

The height of his 3A is 47 cm (0.62 s airtime).

If he needs 17 cm more, that requires him to jump with the height of 64 cm.

The height of his 4T is 60 cm (0.7s airtime), but this is a toepick-assisted jump thus the assistance from the toepick when he takeoff helps him achieved more height.

The height of his 4S is 53 cm (0.66 s airtime). Edge jump would have smaller height compared to toepick-assisted jumps, generally speaking.

Kurt browning said that it might require just 8-10 cm more for Yuzuru to jump the 4A, and from the several things gathered , it is more or less true.

Wow this number :omg: Yuzu jumps really high, doesn't he??? A 60cm for a 4T?? Is that normal??

It was said he needs to increase his speed by 10% to get that 17cm extra height. However, Yuzu rarely goes on full speed into his jumps, doesn't he? I mean considering his preceding steps into the jump, where he puts transition and choreography. So, I guess his 47 cm 3A height and 53 cm 4S height are probably not his max jump heights.

Random: so in creating my Figure Skating Notebook of Doom I noted Yuzu's results through seniors and worked out his season averages.

- through his senior career so far, he's won gold 49% of the time and silver 28% of the time. In the past 3 seasons (2014-15~present) he's won gold 58% of the time, whereas in the first half of his senior career (2010~2014) he won gold 42% of the time, half of which were achieved in the 2013-14 season.

- His season average has been on an upward trend every season except 2014-15 and 16-17 (tho his LP average went up by 0.15 this season, his overall average was down by 5.42. His overall average for 2014-15 was down by 6.95)

- the difference between his average combined score from 2010-11 and 2016-17 is 75.14 (the difference is sp average is 20.17 and lp is 54.98)

- Each season his scores increase by an average of: +3.4 for SP, +9.2 for LP and +12.5 for combined scores (rounded to 1dp)

- His highest season average increases were 2015-16 (when compared with previous season +9.33 sp +18.86 Lp +28.17 combined, if compared to the 2013-14 season it's +5.75 sp +15.75 lp and +21.23 combined) 2011-12 (+19.64 for lp +24.30 combined) and 2012-13 SP (+9.42)

Ah figure skating, the thing that makes me do maths even though I hate maths.

I have read the comments below the article.

Hanyu's ability to train like he does isn't just his culture - it's him.

Can't agree more.

Also, Brian's hair would disagree if we say Yuzu is the type to do what he is asked to without questions

hWNhviI.gif

(source: http://eggplantgifs.tumblr.com)

mcq said:

She basically aired out the dirty laundry and the drama in her ice rinks, lmao. It is quite entertaining for me because I am not particularly a fan of her ex-skater but for their fans this would be quite of a sensitive thing to talk to. (She still scare the heck out of me until today, haha)

Anyway she has always been consistent with her fondness to Yuzuru. She commended him as early as 2012 I think, and she stays very complimentary of him until now.

Yes yes, It's really amazing,having the top two skaters in a same place is never easy, it's always bound to be dramatic but thankfully we don't have to worry about that, my poor heart wouldn't be able to stand too much drama :devil3:

Yes yes, It's really amazing,having the top two skaters in a same place is never easy, it's always bound to be dramatic but thankfully we don't have to worry about that, my poor heart wouldn't be able to stand too much drama :devil:

It is a miracle there is no drama between them. It's a magical combo of Javi being a nice guy, Yuzu being a nice guy, and the training team at TCC obviously being real careful to not favour anyone and focus on the skaters as individuals more than the skaters in comparison to the opponents in competition. Brian seems to be really careful in his coaching approach to keep a kind of situation/environment where competing skaters can be friendly.

jinabee said:
Random: so in creating my Figure Skating Notebook of Doom I noted Yuzu's results through seniors and worked out his season averages.

- through his senior career so far, he's won gold 49% of the time and silver 28% of the time. In the past 3 seasons (2014-15~present) he's won gold 58% of the time, whereas in the first half of his senior career (2010~2014) he won gold 42% of the time, half of which were achieved in the 2013-14 season.

- His season average has been on an upward trend every season except 2014-15 and 16-17 (tho his LP average went up by 0.15 this season, his overall average was down by 5.42. His overall average for 2014-15 was down by 6.95)

- the difference between his average combined score from 2010-11 and 2016-17 is 75.14 (the difference is sp average is 20.17 and lp is 54.98)

- Each season his scores increase by an average of: +3.4 for SP, +9.2 for LP and +12.5 for combined scores (rounded to 1dp)

- His highest season average increases were 2015-16 (when compared with previous season +9.33 sp +18.86 Lp +28.17 combined, if compared to the 2013-14 season it's +5.75 sp +15.75 lp and +21.23 combined) 2011-12 (+19.64 for lp +24.30 combined) and 2012-13 SP (+9.42)

Ah figure skating, the thing that makes me do maths even though I hate maths.

There was a blogger who was relieved that he won Worlds because s/he thought Yuzuru was sliding into irrelevancy. I bet a lot of skaters would like to have Yuzuru's type of irrelevancy. :laughing:

There was a blogger who was relieved that he won Worlds because s/he thought Yuzuru was sliding into irrelevancy. :ohno: I bet a lot of skaters would like to have Yuzuru's type of irrelevancy. :laugh:

On a positive note, most commentators and audience seem to have a higher standard of everything when it comes to Yuzu :xD: