General Yuzuru Chat

Hydroblade said:
Hydro's mental theater

First GP Event.

"GUYS THE PLANNED LAYOUTS ARE OUT! :sadPooh:  " one poster says in all caps.

"Why the sad Pooh? :pbow: " Asks another, the image suddenly unavailable.

"IS THAT A 4A" posts another person, who managed to open the image

"I SEE NO 4Lz ANYWHERE WHAT IS HAPPENING"

After the FP:

Protocol shows: 4A with 1.35 GOE

:sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: 

meoima said:
liha said:
beki said:
I feel like if we keep saying "Yuzuru will never do a 4F," it will only make him determined to try ;)

Wasn't there reports that he tried it along with the 4Lz attempts at WTT?

I highly doubt that those reporters at WTT actually can tell the different of Flip and Lutz entry though. I don't think Yuzuru ever tried a 4F at all.

Several long-time fans who always post practice reports tweeted about those 4F attempts.

He popped all though, but I doubt that multiple knowledgeable fans could make same mistakes.

Hydroblade said:
Hydro's mental theater

First GP Event.

"Why the sad Pooh? :pbow:  " Asks another, the image suddenly unavailable.

After the FP:

From your keyboard to Skating God's ear :goe: 

randomanon said:
b138oo said:
Wow never heard ZERO PREROTATION mentioned ever in FS, bc well too much pre rotation is kinda the more popular topic. I guess that's why Yuzu's triples look so big, bc he doesn't pre rotate. This really great discussion from you guys really reminds me once again why Yuzu is called the genius on ice! :space: 

I have a question, like a genuine one, if 3A which has 3.5 rotation is still called a triple, why does 3.25ish jumps like some other guys quads are called a quad? I mean is there any general rule like other than 3A, other jumps with more than 3 rotations are quad jumps? Bc logically speaking it's still a triple...

bc they've rotated ~0.5-0.75 on the ground

-> looks like 4 rotations therefore "quad"

ETA : I think most jumps will have some degree of prerotation though...

Yeah I mean it is acceptable to call >=3.5 rotations on the air as quads because 3A has 3.5 rotations, but when you rotates 0.75 on the ground, which means 3.25 rotations on the air, I kinda feel unfair to be called a quad. Well I guess just as you said, although the rotation is on the ground, it's still a rotation and makes the jump looks like a quad.

meoima said:

3,75 rotation on air is acceptable to be called a quad. But 3.25-ish like Shoma is too much. The point is ISU tech committee do not want to crack this take-off issue down before Olympic. They could not afford to affect the whole system before Olympic. So any change in the system will be after Olympic.

Ahh they probably think if they change the rule now, the score in the Olympic would be way below the problematic athletes' PBs and the federations and fans would accuse them to cheating.

Hydroblade said:
Hydro's mental theater

First GP Event.

"Why the sad Pooh? :pbow: " Asks another, the image suddenly unavailable.

After the FP:

That's what I'm afraid would happen to tbh. His cheeky naughty face on the broadcast when he heard he only needed 17cm more for the 4A is haunting me. He was like I think I can do it :devil:

If he ever put 4A as his first jump, just remember guys there was me in this forum actively conversing with you guys, because that day would be the day I would rest in peace :sadPooh: 

Hydroblade said:
Hydro's mental theater

First GP Event.

"Why the sad Pooh? :pbow:  " Asks another, the image suddenly unavailable.

After the FP:

Heart attacks everywhere I swear

Yuzuru would probably just :xD:

kaeryth said:
Kagme said:
This is completly off topic, but a few days ago I was showing some of Yuzuru's programs to a friend (who knows nothing about figure skating but was interested anyway) and one of the first I made him watch was the Boston Requiem, and at one point during a spin he said to me (without daring to let his eyes leave the screen) "Wow... It looks like the music is coming out of him" And he asked me to show him more :space:

And his words rang so true that I felt compelled to share :love:

Awww.... your friend's statement reminds me of that japanese talk show panel where they were discussing everything about yuzu and Kenji Miyamoto had this to say about his gpf 2015 Chopin performance "This season, it does not look like he moves his arms to the music but the music is produced by his arm movements. It is done like that."

You can read the whole translation here: https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/139053231562/

Thank you, I had not read that yet, it is always a pleasure to read people comments about him.

The part about the hearphones and kandama in the end cracked me up :rofl: he is so strange and cute.

This one made me laugh too

Mits: I guess there are different ways of “appealing” to the judges. At the Olympics he had the cute, innocent look, and here he glared at the judges with “give me my GOEs!” (laughter)

Maybe he should do that at the Olympic next season and just glare at the judges with his scary assassin face 'till they give him his :goe: 

Kagme said:
Maybe he should do that at the Olympic next season and just glare at the judges with his scary assassin face 'till they give him his :goe: 

Why not. At this point, that might actually work considering it's unlikely polka is going to happen.

Yatagarasu said:
Kagme said:

Why not. At this point, that might actually work considering it's unlikely polka is going to happen.

Hahaha.. i Agree! I absolutely loved /got chills actually/ his expression at nhk 2015 after he finished his SP.

tumblr_nygw37uD5f1rqryl2o4_250.gif

:hachimaki: :goe: 

Lys said:
randomanon said:

-> looks like 4 rotations therefore "quad"

ETA : I think most quads will have some degree of prerotation though...

It's not just a matter of quads vs triples, tho.

Toe and Salchow are jumps where your hips are "open" to rotation at take off, as such it's just the movement you are doing that "cause" some rotation on ice before the actual take off.

When you do Loop, Flip and Lutz your hips are "closed" to rotation, but: with loop some degree of pre-rotation is again natural since it's an edge jump (so you don't have a "snap" picking up moment). Flip is not counter-rotated like lutz so it's normal if you have a tiny bit of prerotation more.

It's not by chance, imo, that ISU speaks about "cheated jump" when the prerotation goes to 180° and over, because a bit of PR is considered normal and just in the way you are supposed to take off. The only jump where you should have next to nothing PR is lutz, since pre-rotating it would mean doing everything but a lutz ;) 

Actually with the lutz, good ladies Lutzers like Liza, Yuna, Polina... have from 60-90 degrees of PR though. Men the same I think. But just 60-90 degrees doesn't mean too much.

Over 180 degrees and almost up to 270 (Satoko) is insane and should not be called toe jumps anymore.

Étudeesque said:
This looks adorable and made me laugh
love her Yuzuru cartoons, does anyone have a translation - I think Yuzuru "older" and "younger" are discussing the 4A? :rotfl:

This is drawn for kid’s day in Japan (5/5) and it's big yuzu saying that his dream one day is to land a quad axel and he thinks he can do it (from that interview after competition) and little yuzu basically calling him out and saying "but you only just stabilized quad loop now"(hinting that he is too slow in progression haha)and so the big yuzu proceeds to chase him.

Anyways, sorry i couldn't find the right moment to introduce myself in the middle of you all's great discussion on techniques, but I believe that I haven't introduce myself properly in this main thread. I was a lurker back in GS and enjoyed all the discussions and updates a lot so I am very happy to have planet hanyu to continue this journey of being a fanyu! Thank you all who set this place up and all the people who kept the discussions going (be it serious or silly~) :POOH::goe:

This one made me laugh too

Mits: I guess there are different ways of “appealing” to the judges. At the Olympics he had the cute, innocent look, and here he glared at the judges with “give me my GOEs!” (laughter)

Maybe he should do that at the Olympic next season and just glare at the judges with his scary assassin face 'till they give him his :goe: :rofl2:

I think he already did... did you see his "see what I can do" glare at the judges just before his 3Lz during Worlds FP? Didn't seem to work very well... eh.....

http://rsport.ru/interview/20170505/1120015384.html

I don't know if it was discussed in other threads (it's difficult to keep track of them all!), but Eteri made some small references to Yuzu in her new interview. From what google translate can tell me, it seems like she used Yuzu and his condition of training abroad as an example of how Japanese skating (skaters, Fed?) don't need to be closed within the country. The second one it's hard, but it sounds like she said he doesn't complain and just focuses and what needs to be done and skates. But if someone who speaks Russian could clear it up it would be great :yes:

- Но это типично наша история. За границей же не так.

- По-разному бывает. За того же Ханю все делают, вплоть до того, что сумки ему носят. Не потому что он избалован, просто его лишили необходимости решать какие-либо вопросы помимо льда. Он сконцентрирован только на том, что должен размяться и откататься.

http://rsport.ru/interview/20170505/1120015384.html

I don't know if it was discussed in other threads (it's difficult to keep track of them all!), but Eteri made some small references to Yuzu in her new interview. From what google translate can tell me, it seems like she used Yuzu and his condition of training abroad as an example of how Japanese skating (skaters, Fed?) don't need to be closed within the country. The second one it's hard, but it sounds like she said he doesn't complain and just focuses and what needs to be done and skates. But if someone who speaks Russian could clear it up it would be great :yes:

- Но это типично наша история. За границей же не так.

- По-разному бывает. За того же Ханю все делают, вплоть до того, что сумки ему носят. Не потому что он избалован, просто его лишили необходимости решать какие-либо вопросы помимо льда. Он сконцентрирован только на том, что должен размяться и откататься.

It's been translated here:

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/simonenkos-interview-with-tutberidze-projecting-the-upbringing-on-the-sport-results-discipline.101210/