General Yuzuru Chat

Is this a chicken and egg situation ? I don't really care what American audiences see but unfortunately the almighty dollar seems to be dictating the timing of the PC schedule, which really annoys me as I have said many times on this forum.  Perhaps the powers that be in the US should consider using Meryls current high profile ( draft in Charlie because he's a sympathetic interviewer?) to drive a wedge in and get the viewing public into the ice dance? And take it from there?  Of course it would take money- but if the US audience is that crucial?  Because I don't see them getting an ice princess in the near future.

Or here's a radical thought - IOC could tell NBC what to do with their money and approach NHK/Asaichi/ Chinese channels- or the other way round.  It's too late for this Olympics but Beijing?

September 12, 2017

The Daily Spread Eagle

Residents of Planet Hanyu were woken up today by a terrible and unexpected eruption of Mt. Irene. This time, our venerable volcano has released tons of paprika that now litter the valleys of Mt. Irene National Park. Cleanup crews arrived shortly after the eruption, to dispose of the offending vegetables as soon as possible by orders of Prime Minister Pooh. 
This event is suspected to be a reaction to the message received from a big mothership that passed near our System earlier. 
Citizens are advised not to try and interfere with the decontamination operations, and especially not to pick and eat the paprika: it is not edible and its possession has been deemed illegal by the Hunny Office. 
The office of the Prime Minister is sending out volcano survival packages consisting of a small crate of tomatoes, chocolate and eggs.
More on this story as it develops.

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Or here's a radical thought - IOC could tell NBC what to do with their money and approach NHK/Asaichi/ Chinese channels- or the other way round.  It's too late for this Olympics but Beijing?

Currently not possible. IOC agreed with NBC the broadcast rights for the USA until 2032 for the whopping amount of 7.65 billion plus the signing bonus. There is the additional deal that the IOC made with Discovery, ie the owner of Eurosport for the four Olympic Games between 2018–2024 for a nice chunk of change, 1.44 billion dollars, to cover Europe. So there is so much money in play here that really, it makes your head hurt. But this is why it is unlikely that there is any change possible until 2032 - the contracts are already in place. The only possibility is that I guess Discovery pays up for post 2024 but that's just an if game. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Currently not possible. IOC agreed with NBC the broadcast rights for the USA until 2032 for the whopping amount of 7.65 billion plus the signing bonus. There is the additional deal that the IOC made with Discovery, ie the owner of Eurosport for the four Olympic Games between 2018–2024 for a nice chunk of change, 1.44 billion dollars, to cover Europe. So there is so much money in play here that really, it makes your head hurt. But this is why it is unlikely that there is any change possible until 2032 - the contracts are already in place. The only possibility is that I guess Discovery pays up for post 2024 but that's just an if game. 

2022 Beijing, cctv will get involved so my guess is that things will shift to afternoon and evenings.

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

That's enough money for ISU to change the Olympic Schedule, and (sorry) give some skaters they prefer much higher scores than they should... No wonder my friend who worked for a television broadcast in New York told me since 2015 that Olympic will be mostly decided by NBC.

Anyway, it is out of our hands, let's pray and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, meoima said:

That's enough money for ISU to change the Olympic Schedule, and (sorry) give some skaters they prefer much higher scores than they should... No wonder my friend who worked for a television broadcast in New York told me since 2015 that Olympic will be mostly decided by NBC.

Anyway, it is out of our hands, let's pray and hope for the best.

Baidu, taobao, youku, CCTV, c'mon,  I'm sure our almighty population of wallets in China can beat an NBC deal...much as I don't like you, I'm dreading this NBC thingy even more.

14 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I haven't added the Lombardia Trophy individual events yet but i am pretty sure you could do nothing but watch FS all day for three days

I'll have my university admission test on 15th morning so I'm SO glad I will be spending the whole weekend NOT thinking about it... and the results will come exactly when ACI finishes :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

my time zone sucks for ost events the next 2 weeks -__- i can watch ladies sp, short dance, pairs fs and mens free for lombardia but everything else is a nope

lucky mens events for autumn classic just mean i have to wake up v early sat and sunday to watch which i am willing! at least that one works out :P