General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

What ones were the ones that only plushy, Nathan & yuzu got? I think it was a partnership w misha ge?

Yes, Misha posted about them here. And there was a video about them from JW as well a while back.

It could be JW provides them to selected skaters only.

Or it could also be the black blades are not exclusive, and can be requested by skaters, just like the gold blades we see on Johnny Weir.

As for using the blades, Nathan Chen has definitely already put his black blades to good use...

34 minutes ago, robin said:

Yeah, it's these blades. (Y. obviously being Yuzu, as was revealed later!)

Y. Is so cute...

28 minutes ago, katonice said:

Yes, Misha posted about them here. And there was a video about them from JW as well a while back.

It could be JW provides them to selected skaters only.

Or it could also be the black blades are not exclusive, and can be requested by skaters, just like the gold blades we see on Johnny Weir.

As for using the blades, Nathan Chen has definitely already put his black blades to good use...

Surprised by the number of boots...:xD:

Thank you @gladi for your wonderful and quick translation!

I’m the type who gets very influenced by the narrative aspect in the likes of manga, and there are times when I get so into the manga that I couldn’t sleep at night, or it affects or influences my performance.

Hahaha... well, I can relate to him on that level. When I read something, whether book or manga, I always read multiple things at once. Mainly because if I encounter a plot or storyline that is sad or depressing, it affects my mood for quite some time so I try to shift that mood by reading something more happy and heartfelt.

What manga do you like? ...Basically, I like the parts where things you think "that couldn’t possibly be reality” occur. And then, the supo-tamashi (t/n sports-themed, hot-blooded, never-give-up that often showcases tenacity/fighting spirit) genre. Since I am supo-tamashi.

I see... this guy really likes doing the impossible!

I will be 42 or 43 in twenty years, and when I think of that, regarding skating, I would like to be engaging in it from the outside.  Skater’s care, coach, etc…I think I would like to be in a position where I am working for future figure skaters. Also, even if just a little, I would want to take part in the future development of figure skating.

Well, at least he didn't blurt out that he'll be very old in 20 years. haha... Honestly, he will make a wonderful coach. His technique is unparalleled and he's got an analytical mind. I will look forward to seeing him grow and grow. :7562096:

6 分ぐらい, kaerythさんが言いました:
引用

What manga do you like? ...Basically, I like the parts where things you think "that couldn’t possibly be reality” occur. And then, the supo-tamashi (t/n sports-themed, hot-blooded, never-give-up that often showcases tenacity/fighting spirit) genre. Since I am supo-tamashi.

Sorry, just small remark. The sports-themed, hot-blooded manga is スポ根(supokon=スポーツsport +根性konjo),not supo-tamashii, It's the mistake of the original journalist who chose the wrong Kanji 魂 (tamashii ou kon) because of  the same prononciation of 根(kon in onyomi).The translation is very correct(I admire the work of gladi:2thumbsup:), but the prononciation is supo-kon. Sorry, it's just small detail.:slinkaway:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Since the broadcasts aren't exclusively about Yuzu, it was decided to make a thread for all the mini-streaming parties :) 

The other broadcast will be posted there after the Minna no News one finishes :) 

Huhu I might not be able to catch any of the news broadcasts live. I might have to wait a bit longer for video uploads to get my "Yuzu with kids" fix. 

I think the thing that will be hard for Coach Yuzu in the future is his experience as a very talented skater. He has everything as a skater, both the artistic and the tech parts, but it would be hard to expect that from other skaters. I am afraid he would be frustrated if his students couldn't reach his super high quality expectation, because not all top athletes are geniuses and a complete package. Yuzu needs to compromise and as we all can see, he's not very good at that (which is also why Brian keeps losing his hair). Also, Yuzu's technique is so good, his jumps, especially, are so smooth. To build the smooth technique, an athlete needs a good foundation. It will be harder to correct the bad technique than building a good technique from scratch and Yuzu is very critical about good technique. So, I think if he's ever be a coach, he better coaches the athletes from the very beginning not trying to bash anyone, but I don't think shoma's UR jumps technique could be saved even by Coach Yuzu and I could imagine Coach Yuzu's disapproving look every time he sees that considering how little he cheats on his jumps.