General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Lilly88 said:

It's very surprising, especially the reasoning. If the rink was damaged, broken or something similar, I would understand that they need time to fix. But closing the rink for three months due to the high cost of electricity? It is very unfortunate for all the skaters who would need this time to practice on the ice. It is very sad that there are not enough funds to keep the rink operational even out of season.:tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow :

I hope Yuzu will receive offers from other rinks to practice there, but also sad for other skaters who usually use Sendai rink. :(

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

This may be one of the reasons why Mone chose Kinoshita as his new training academy. Skaters in the "Reinforcement" categories were probably informed in advance

Yuzu will hopefully have plenty of options/invitations to practice at another rink. It would, after all, be a huge honor to welcome Yuzu. Perhaps Yuzu will take the opportunity to look at the facilities at other rinks to assess whether they would be suitable for a potential show in the future, but also to research what kind of advanced technologies are available if an rink of the future were to be built. .

An ice rink in southern Japan was completed last summer and announced that the rink has incorporated modern design/construction techniques. 

I am not surprised, alas,  :(by the fact that the Sendai ice rink closes due to high electricity costs (of course I am thinking of Yuzu): imagine the high load already to make the ice / interior light: you are both Europeans from Germany and England, because in France, like all the French people, I had to face restrictions since the fall https://www.linternaute.com/actualite/societe/2667358-coupure-d -electricity-the-forecasts-today-and-in-the-coming-days/  and threat of a power cut for 2 hours during the day, which did not happen, but the municipal square was half lit and 50% less in Christmas decorations and some neighborhoods completely in the dark..... and HIGH increase in the electricity bill (some bakers had to go bankrupt because of this increase ....) : but really I thought that Japan would not have a spike in :confused:electricity

YES Perelandra : think about a less energy-intensive design for an ice rink of the future .......  

2 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe this was one of the reasons that Mone decided on Kinoshita as her new training academy. The skaters in the 'Strengthening' categories were most likely informed about this in advance

Yuzu will hopefully have many options / invitations to train at another rink. It would, after all, be an enormous honour to host Yuzu. Maybe Yuzu will use the opportunity to examine the facilities at other rinks to assess whether they would be suitable for potential show in the future but also to research what  kind of state of the art technologies are available if a rink for the future was to be built.

A rink in the south of Japan was completed last summer and advertised that the rink had incorporated modern building design/ techniques. 

I think General Public does not effect Yuzuru. That's you and me. I read somewhere classes go on

1 hour ago, Jolanda said:

I think General Public does not effect Yuzuru. That's you and me. I read somewhere classes go on

That's my first reaction -- closed to the general public but Yuzu can still use it at night or any time since no one else can use it during the day any way. 

2 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

That's my first reaction -- closed to the general public but Yuzu can still use it at night or any time since no one else can use it during the day any way. 

but doesn't that mean they need to keep the ice frozen the whole time? in which case...why would they close it to the general public, who probably pays $$ and could help offset the costs lol

7 hours ago, Lilly88 said:

That's very surprising, especially the reasoning. If the rink was damaged, broken or something similar, I would understand that they need time to repair. But closing the rink for three months due to high electricity cost? That's very unfortunate for all the skaters who would need that time to practice on the ice. It's very sad that there is not sufficient funding to keep the rink operational even during the off-season.:tumblr_m9gcrtET5W1qzckow:

I hope Yuzu receives offers from other rinks to practice there, but also sad for other skaters who usually use the Sendai ice rink. :(

I think the problem is that Irene's system itself is very old and it's not just about some minor renovations but the core itself. Probably the cooling system and all other electric installations are not the newest and also the building's isolation could probably be better... I'm really sad about all the kids that so far have been skating there, even if they still can attend classes, they usually need time to practice and skate alone...

7 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe this was one of the reasons that Mone decided on Kinoshita as her new training academy. The skaters in the 'Strengthening' categories were most likely informed about this in advance

Yeah, to me it was a very understandable step even before today's news, after having watched with my own eyes under which conditions they trained, meaning almost no space...now it makes even more sense. 

2 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

I'm not so sure if he'll keep training just as usual. Knowing Yuzu I think he probably would not want to be "privileged" over the other young skaters that have lost the possibility to use the rink. We'll see what happens...he'll be busy in June with FaOI anyway and he's Yuzu, he will have already decided what's best for him among all options as I'm sure he's been aware of this situation all along. 

41 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

but doesn't that mean they need to keep the ice frozen the whole time? in which case...why would they close it to the general public, who probably pays $$ and could help offset the costs lol

I don't think the entrance fees help much to cover the expenses...probably the electricity costs of what is needed inside the rink when being open are higher than the money they get from the fee entrances. No lights and no people inside mean probably much less energy needed to keep the ice...I'm of course only speculating, I'm still so shocked... and very sad because my first thought today was that already back in the times when Yuzu was a small kid, Irene always faced so many difficulties and tho many years have now passed, the whole situation has not improved at all...young talents and kids still lack other options than one single ice rink to skate in Sendai :cry:

I truly hope Irene will be able to resume the usual schedule when the hot summer ends. Hopefully they will also get some extra money in the next months from the books royalties. 

23 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Yuzu × CLAMP collaboration commemorative official goods will be released 

Luxurious lineup including acrylic stands, posters, and clear files Please check it out together with the "GIFT" official goods!

Those acrylic stands are so cute

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Here I am, spending my money on posters and clear files all over again like I did when I was a teenager many moons ago (and now during a cost of living crisis....) There is no hope for me anymore.....I have become a Yuzu-merch addict (posters and clearfiles are so lovely, but I was sad that again the GIFT bag was not available *cries*)