General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Beauty blogger is back on 3/8

Yuzu's been with Sekkisei for how long now? And yet I still 🤣 every time. Beauty blogger Yuzu was then and is still the very last thing I ever would have expected... the guy who once dried his skate blades and his face with the same towel... - please can we all just appreciate how his natural beauty always shines regardless... and how wondrous strange Yuzu's life can be sometimes

@micaelis I read your post. While I'm not going to comment on obvious things about it that other satellites already have, I do have a question for you:

why are you so obsessed with trying to figure who will be the Next Big Thing in men's singles skating? When I started coming to the Planet in 2018, you were all about Gogolev: first as a 'replacement' for Javi as Yuzu's training mate, then as the Next Big Thing. Now it's Malinin. And next year or the year after that it'll be some other skater. 

But why not just enjoy Yuzu's skating in the here and now, and leave the predictions to the fortune tellers? It really doesn't matter who's coming along to try and fill Yuzu's shoes, because they won't be able to. 

I just had a whole long post typed out, hit 'Submit Reply' and it vanished without a trace.

I've also had sentences disappear from my posts in between my hitting 'Submit' and my post appearing on the forum.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it an intentional thing that the Planet is set up to do? Or is it just a glitch?

It's really disconcerting to press 'Submit' and see a whole post vanish like it never existed 

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I just had a whole long post typed out, hit 'Submit Reply' and it vanished without a trace.

I've also had sentences disappear from my posts in between my hitting 'Submit' and my post appearing on the forum.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it an intentional thing that the Planet is set up to do? Or is it just a glitch?

It's really disconcerting to press 'Submit' and see a whole post vanish like it never existed 

Happy now? You managed to hide it somehow! 

As a health economist and health policy analyst by profession, I wanted to share an inspiring discussion from this corner of the world that has strong relevance to Yuzu's GIFT.   It has been inspiring to see many researchers and policy analysts finally making connections between art and mental health, and bringing the topic into the mainstream of healthcare research.  I immediately thought of the deep impact that the Gift had on the audience, and how the performance could have a transformative effect on a society. 

It also reminds me of the way the original Greek tragedy (trago-edia= "goat song") affected the Greek audience: apparently it was a collective psychotherapy for the anxiety-ridden denizens of the polis.  I can imagine that the tragedies, performed in the open-air amphitheatres with the backdrop of oceans and mountains, must have been a transformative experience.  The Tokyo Dome's massive cavernous structure would also have the effect of creating the sense of awe and oneness with cosmos!

Here is an excerpt from the health policy blog: 

"The role of art therapy in helping people channel their feelings and emotions through a self-expressive activity can help inspire better health and wellbeing. To do so as part of a mass activity, where people of all ages come together to share in a collective outcome – one which will now go on display in one of the hospitals involved – will surely only elevate such positive emotions among the participants, as well as those who view the art piece in future...

"It seems somewhat apt to be discussing the importance of brain health on a day that marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon, a seminal rock album that, in part, explores the mental health problems of the group’s former band member Syd Barrett. One of the tracks, ‘Brain damage’, touches on his illness, with the line: ‘And if the dam breaks open many years too soon’."

- from SALUS European Healthcare Design 

Just a glimpse of the relevance of Yuzu's Gift on the health and well-being of our society.

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Just a glimpse of the relevance of Yuzu's Gift on the health and well-being of our society.

Especially in the current times. It has been on my mind lately, as I get drawn deeper and deeper into certain fandoms etc, that the real true and sole purpose of humanity is to make this world better and brighter through joyful, loving, and creative pursuits. When we (i.e. our species as a whole) don't do this, but instead indulge our destructive impulses, all of our mental health suffers and the world is a poorer place. 

2小时前, Yuzurella说:

This is a very good article. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

一小时前, rockstaryuzu说:

@ValerieFang is this you? Very nice job! 

@rockstaryuzu oh my gosh yes it's my article!! i just wrote it for my figure skating column on my university's news website. wow i didn't expect it to reach the planet! thank y'all so much for the kind words! i meant it when i said i've always struggled to find the "right" words to describe Yuzu and what he does... he just has that je ne sais quoi and i can't really grasp it... when writing this story, i just told myself to write exactly how i felt while watching the livestream... i didn't win the lottery to physically be at Tokyo Dome on the 26th, but i'm so happy and grateful that i can still be in this all by watching the livestream and writing an article that expresses how i felt (and maybe just a slim possibility of conveying how Yuzu felt? hehe). he has such a beautiful mind that just fascinates (and tbh sometimes puzzles lol) me... wow still kinda can't believe all the comments i've received. truly grateful for every word! :love:

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

It also reminds me of the way the original Greek tragedy (trago-edia= "goat song") affected the Greek audience: apparently it was a collective psychotherapy for the anxiety-ridden denizens of the polis.  I can imagine that the tragedies, performed in the open-air amphitheatres with the backdrop of oceans and mountains, must have been a transformative experience.  The Tokyo Dome's massive cavernous structure would also have the effect of creating the sense of awe and oneness with cosmos!

G.O.A.T. song? Very appropriate.