General Yuzuru Chat

Quick news from the Wiki frontline: Yuzu's appearance in the 'Did you know?' column has been going smoothly so far. No page vandalism or flawed edits yet. Last time, when his Olympic seasons article got featured, I spent 24 hours with gate-keeping and reverting one nonsense-edit after the next.

Thank God, this is not the case today :headdesk2:

15 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Quick news from the Wiki frontline: Yuzu's appearance in the 'Did you know?' column has been going smoothly so far. No page vandalism or flawed edits yet. Last time, when his Olympic seasons article got featured, I spent 24 hours with gate-keeping and reverting one nonsense- edit after the next.

Seriously???? Geez! Thanks for your work keeping his pages clean of nonsense :1:and of course writing them all in the first place with your team.

14 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Here is a little bit of healing to soothe the mind through the medium of music. The cello suite no 1 in G major has been transposed fro violin, corresponding key being D major. It gives a lighter and brighter sounds perhaps more fitting to Yuzu in flight during one of his mesmerising practice sessions

A collaboration with virtuoso cellist Yo Yo Ma playing this piece would be gorgeous. 

The lasting appeal of Bach's music continues to delight music lovers with the perfect blend of musical mastery and the mathematical precision of these Baroque masterpieces.

These slow motion clips are absolutely amazing, the music flows in parallel to these perfect shots, I agree there's some particular fit between Yuzu's movements slowed down and the suite played so lightly. All the jumps in his ANA jacket, at some points he seemed to resign from (further) rotation being at the highest point in the air, almost as if he's hanging there for a while. It also gives you an idea of how high his jumps are. 

I truly hope we will have this type of filming for GIFT/NS/Prologue related materials, it's just to show all the magnificence and beauty of Yuzu's skating. 

15 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Here is a little bit of healing to soothe the mind through the medium of music. The cello suite no 1 in G major has been transposed fro violin, corresponding key being D major. It gives a lighter and brighter sounds perhaps more fitting to Yuzu in flight during one of his mesmerising practice sessions

A collaboration with virtuoso cellist Yo Yo Ma playing this piece would be gorgeous. 

The lasting appeal of Bach's music continues to delight music lovers with the perfect blend of musical mastery and the mathematical precision of these Baroque masterpieces.

:love:

Unfortunately I can't open the youtube link (Fuji TV) above from my country. But you can find here the complete version (Yuzu cut).

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4865162542319157

Tenchi in slowmo :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

slowmotiontenchi9df2m.gif

(Soure: GIF from video)

So it could be for the fans who will enjoy “GIFT” in cinemas.:devilYuzu:

[NEW]S

12 minutes ago, Sun_Rise7777 said:

These slow motion clips are absolutely amazing, the music flows in parallel to these perfect shots, I agree there's some particular fit between Yuzu's movements slowed down and the suite played so lightly. All the jumps in his ANA jacket, at some points he seemed to resign from (further) rotation being at the highest point in the air, almost as if he's hanging there for a while. It also gives you an idea of how high his jumps are. 

I truly hope we will have this type of filming for GIFT/NS/Prologue related materials, it's just to show all the magnificence and beauty of Yuzu's skating. 

Good point, just wondering whether Disney, now that they have purchased broadcasting rights might consider a feature with behind the scenes / making of type of programme as a companion programme to the actual show and not just for Yuzu fans, it would potentailly appeal to  people who have music production, lighting, film, show production as their interest. Would be a good way for them to maintain interest and ongoing subscription. 

15 minutes ago, Anni said:

:love:

Unfortunately I can't open the youtube link (Fuji TV) above from my country. But you can find here the complete version (Yuzu cut).

Tenchi in slowmo :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

slowmotiontenchi9df2m.gif

(Soure: GIF from video)

So it could be for the fans who will enjoy “GIFT” in cinemas.:devilYuzu:

[NEW]S

Years ago my family went to see a Star Wars film at the cinema. We ate at a fast food chain and the toy with the kid's meal was miniature light sabre. The cinema was full of families and the children were waving the little light sabres during the adverts, it looked really amazing in the darkened auditorium.

It would great for cinema goers attending Gift live view if they could do something similar in the audience and it creates an atmosphere of being part of something immense

18 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

Here's how to request it from their Help Centre Page:

For those who will also be tweeting, here are some official DisneyPlus account from all around the world that I was able to find:

Worldwide: @DisneyPlus
Customer support: @DisneyPlusHelp
LatAm: @disneyplusla
Brazil: @DisneyPlusBR
Canada: @DisneyPlusCA
UK: @DisneyPlusUK
Germany: @DisneyPlusDE
Spain: @DisneyPlusES
Italy: @DisneyPlusIT
Netherlands @DisneyPlusNL
France @DisneyPlusFR
Belgium @DisneyPlusBE
Turkey: @DisneyPlusTR
Thailand: @disneyplusth
Philippines: @DisneyplusphH

(feel free to add more!)

I just sent the request. Now let us hope!!:snonegai:

38 minutes ago, Anni said:

:to like:

Unfortunately, I can't open the above youtube (Fuji TV) link from my country. But you can find the full version (Yuzu cup) here.

Idle Tenchi:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw :

slow motion tenchi9df2m.gif

(Soure: GIF from the video)

So it could be for fans who will enjoy "GIFT" in theaters.:devilyuzu:

[NEWS

I was able to open the PERELANDRA link  :heartpound:and yet our 2 countries touch to the East : weird  :shrug: and your WEIBO link is a marvel  :animated-smileys-character-075:  :2thumbsup: and tasted in full screen  :softyuzu: and it even looks like it is flying and spreading its :2011112318014775d:wings and  is it possible that this is put here in the video section by a fanyu please :please:  

And  :thanks:  Yuzu to offer us this long-awaited video tomorrow and problem solved :wink2:  

57 minutes ago, Sun_Rise7777 said:

Those slow motion clips are absolutely amazing, the music flows parallel to those perfect shots, I agree there's a particular fit between Yuzu's slow motion and the sequel being played so lightly. All the jumps in his ANA vest, at times he seemed to give up an (extra) spin being at the highest point in the air, almost as if he was suspended there for a moment. It also gives you an idea of the height of his jumps. 

I really hope we will have this kind of shooting for GIFT/NS/Prologue related materials, it's just to show all the magnificence and beauty of Yuzu's skating. 

:agree:  :clapclap4:   :626 two:  

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Quick news from the Wiki frontline: Yuzu's appearance in the 'Did you know?' column has been going smoothly so far. No page vandalism or flawed edits yet. Last time, when his Olympic seasons article got featured, I spent 24 hours with gate-keeping and reverting one nonsense-edit after the next.

Glad it’s going smoothly, @Henni147. The article is excellent. I read every word!

:ganba:

20 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I drop this news here too:

You can access Wikipedia's main page from this link here: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no separate Hall of Fame for "Did you know"-articles by view numbers, but we would be very happy if you gave the article a read and maybe a quick feedback too. Our long-term goal is to bring it to FA class, so every proofread or constructive suggestion is welcome.

The article is pretty new, it was published on January 9 this year. I'm still overjoyed that we managed to get it ready almost two months before GIFT :laughing: I'd like to thank @Beatrice and also Marika-san from the AWW team for proofreading the article and contributing pictures from the venues.

Sidenote: We decided to mention Nikkan's criticism re GIFT because Wikipedia places big importance on neutral POV, and it would be suspicious if we only included media with positive resonance.

Anyways. We hope that you enjoy reading it :grouphug:

Ooooh, almost missed this one! :embSwan: good thing you reminded me, and I just read (...well, skimmed 🙈) the article — it's well written, felt professional too (just like how a good wiki article should read like :2thumbsup:)

(Re: article vandalism — yeeesh didn't think that such a thing would happen to any of YH's article, but then again why am I surprised by that :dozey::facepalm: — great job at guarding the article too, @Henni147!)

7 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Ooooh, almost missed this one! :embSwan: good thing you reminded me, and I just read (...well, skimmed 🙈) the article — it's well written, felt professional too (just like how a good wiki article should read like :2thumbsup:)

(Re: article vandalism — yeeesh didn't think that such a thing would happen to any of YH's article, but then again why am I surprised by that :dozey::facepalm: — great job at guarding the article too, @Henni147!)

Thank you very much for the feedback :grouphug:

Yeah, vandalism was quite an issue, especially on his main bios around the Olympics. There were countless idiots who messed up the infobox or section titles, or wrote some sh*t in the lead section. Thankfully, Wikipedia has very effective methods to deal with vandalism. We can revert edits manually to previous versions, block notoric vandal accounts or IP addresses - and if things get out of control, admins can lock articles and give them a temporary protection status, so that only experienced authors can edit them in that period. Unlike Twitter or other social media platforms, Wikipedia is very fast in taking action and it's some hell of a challenge to get a blocked account unblocked again.

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I have also taken a look and I have been very proud of the work that you have done. As @Figure_Frenzy says, very professional :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: