General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

Does each round of the lottery include the total number of free seats? I thought they sell the tickets in blocks, not all of them at once.

I don't really know, but I would imagine so, that each round offers a limited number of seats. What I meant to say is that there have probably already applied more people than the full capacity of the TD. I also don't know if it makes sense, if it's so, to put out so many rounds with a low number of seats each time. I know that as long as there are rounds, there will be hope, but it also prolongs the agony of those of us who have not yet gotten a ticket.

The fact that a venue such as Tokyo with 50 000 seats is going to sold out for a one person ice show demonstrates without any margin for doubt that Yuzu is beyond popular. The green room gifs that were posted and discussed at length on tweet today, which are drenched in sorrow with Yuzu looking quite defeated. These are in stark contrast with the reception Yuzu has had more recently from stars of other disciplines from art to technology and science and other sports. Even though many fans are sorely disappointed in their quest to obtain a ticket, the popularity of Gift  fills many fans with delight and hopefully will confirm to Yuzu how valued and esteemed he really is. 

During one of the BJ interviews Yuzu wondered if he had somehow done something wrong to upset Ice chan. Perhaps it is rather the case that Ice chan loves Yuzu so much that she rebelled instead and took drastic measures and intervened to guide Yuzu away from the comp circuit in order to protect him

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Most likely not. If you read down through the instructions, they also specifically state that applicants aren't allowed to buy for other people except their registered companions. 

What's perplexing me is why there are still any tickets left to be put into a lottery at all. Surely by now the stadium is full? This whole lottery ticket sales system is puzzling af. 

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

If we take the polls published by fans as true, the percentage of winners is very low, so there must be a lot of people applying, enough so that it would have filled up in the first round or at most in the second. I'm also puzzled...

I'm pretty sure that the seats are divided in blocks and different companies/organizations have a certain share of these seats that they can sell or give away (like Sekkisei). I've already seen this happening with other events. There was one concert where three different platforms were selling tickets for the same event. So, if one of the sellers didn't have good seats anymore, you could check the others.

I have no idea how these blocks of seats get divided. I suppose there are negotiations as to who gets how many seats. It might also have to do with who the sponsors are and how much they contribute.

Either way, Yuzu's popularity is greater than ever. He has become a true super star now who can easily fill a huge stadium like Tokyo Dome multiple times over.

1 hour ago, isabelfm said:

It has to be various blocks, right?! otherwise there would be no need for multiple lotteries and people wouldn't have to try multiple times to get tickets. It's strange that they don't disclose the percentage of seats available in each lottery tho. 

Don't know if it's true, but i saw a tweet from jfanyu saying they had to add more seats that normally wouldn't be available (due to equipment or something) because of the high demand. 

I believe that's true. TV Asahi offers seats that have an obstructed view. It's possible that these are seats that were not intended to be sold first, but were added later due to the overwhelming demand. As far as I could see, these obstructed view seats are just as expensive as the normal ones. But I'm sure each of them will be sold.

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

I don't really know, but I would imagine so, that each round offers a limited number of seats. What I meant to say is that there have probably already applied more people than the full capacity of the TD. I also don't know if it makes sense, if it's so, to put out so many rounds with a low number of seats each time. I know that as long as there are rounds, there will be hope, but it also prolongs the agony of those of us who have not yet gotten a ticket.

When Yuzu said that he wants to keep us on the tips of our toes even after he became a pro, I really didn't expect that the battle for tickets would be a thousand times worse than when he was still competing... :13877886:

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Sorry, I interpreted your words together with @rockstaryuzu whom you quoted, which I also should have done:

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What's perplexing me is why there are still any tickets left to be put into a lottery at all. Surely by now the stadium is full? This whole lottery ticket sales system is puzzling af. 

Anyway, I can see some benefits from breaking down sales into multiple stages.

Firstly, it seems better from the promotional point of view: it sustains public interest in your show (every new announcement = something is happening on your site and there's buzz again on social media) and allowes you to reach a wider audience (not everyone potentially interested in attending your show will get the information the moment you announce it or launch the first pre-sale).

Secondly, it allows you to single out some groups you want to privilege for some reason - in this case, e.g., Kosé customers, Asahi TV subscribers etc.

Thirdly, it enables your sponsors to earn money by selling more merchandise, getting more customers, getting fees for handling a certain part of the sale etc.

It is also better for your fans in the way that they have more time to think things through, make travel arrangements if necessary, collect enough money, and so on.

To sum up, although buying tickets under this system looks like a mission to carry the ring to Mordor and destroy it in Mount Doom, it has some logic and also good points, I think. The only thing I can't explain is the list of requirements, which makes participation in the lottery  impossible for most foreigners.

12 minutes ago, nekodearu said:

The only thing I can't explain is the list of requirements, which makes participation in the lottery  impossible for most foreigners

It probably has something to do with preventing scalping of tickets because it allows verification of the purchaser's identity, but they could do the same thing with foreign-registered cellphones if they wanted, it's a software engineering problem only. 

Having been burned more than once by Ticketmaster's first-come, first-served (but not really) system, I can see advantages to a lottery, but not round after round after round of it. 

41 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Back Number on NHK now :8122685:

Oh, I didn't expect this.

I hope Yuzu is watching the program.

Thanks for letting us know! I caught some of it and can watch it on replay when it becomes available! Are you able to tell me what songs they sang so I can look them up/look up lyrics translations please SuzyQ? (no problem if you don't have time! I am supposed to be working but I like to keep my eye on what's happening on here lol!!) I am also trying to watch Andy Murray play Kokonakkis in the Aussie Open, it's so hard being a sportsfan a music fan AND a worker! :drama:

EDIt: just remembered I can use my Shazam app to get the names of the songs!! 

I didn't record it, but as far as I remember,

高嶺の花子さん  Takane no Hanako-san

水平線  Suiheisen

黄色  Kiiro (yellow)

怪盗  Kaito (mysterious thief)

SISTER

アイラブユー  I love you

I wanted to listen 青い春 Aoi Haru too.  It's my favorite :girlsigh: 

14 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I didn't record it, but as far as I remember,

高嶺の花子さん  Takane no Hanako-san

水平線  Suiheisen

黄色  Kiiro (yellow)

怪盗  Kaito (mysterious thief)

SISTER

アイラブユー  I love you

I wanted to listen 青い春 Aoi Haru too.  It's my favorite :girlsigh: 

Thank you!! :balloons-smiley:

I found 高嶺の花子さん Takane no Hanako-san (with English subtitles) that Yuzu enjoyed at Kohaku on New Year's eve.

高嶺の花 literally means "flower on lofty heights or mountain", implying a woman who is as unattainable as the moon, plus girl's name Hanako, jokingly.

You can watch the above Aoi Haru with English subtitles too.