General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu inviting Patrick to skate at his show would be amazing! But I wonder, does Patrick actually still skate on a professional level and do ice shows?

Yes he does. I saw him skate with another male skater yesterday on /reddit's figure skating group. From what I saw, it was beautiful. It was filmed from too far away though, and the commenters kept yakking over the music. ;) 

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu inviting Patrick to skate at his show would be amazing! But I wonder, does Patrick actually still skate on a professional level and do ice shows?

Yes, Patrick Chan is coming out of retirement to participate in "Stars on Ice".

https://www.google.com/search?q=Patrick+Chen+out+of+retirement&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA831CA831&oq=Patrick+Chen+out+of+retirement&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2.9471j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:0622af31,vid:lAZNsfs6kc0

https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/2022/12/07/figure-skating-legend-patrick-chan-coming-out-of-retirement/#:~:text=Patrick Chan is the most,for a special Canadian tour.

9 hours ago, Anni said:

Yesterday I thought, it would be nice if Yuzu invited Keiji too. And today he's on the list.:yes: I was still expecting Ryuju Hino. But I'm satisfied with the lineup.:agree:

Just a guess, but I don't think Ryuju is in shape when it comes to being able to skate in a show manner. Unlike Keiji who coaches, or Akiko who choreographs, Ryuju has left the skating world and now works full-time in IT. I don't think he has spare time to practice at all. He still meets up with his skater friends occasionally, but the last time he visited his former rink in Chukyo (a week or so ago), all the others were on the ice and he wasn't. I do believe Yuzuru would invite him if Ryuju could skate at his show. 

Guys, who is this 'Violetta' you speak of? She wasn't mentioned in the Notte Stellata article.

I'm very happy to see Yuzuru's picks as the host :2thumbsup: 

Sooner or later I am sure - and hopeful - Patrick and Yuzu will be in the same show. Though it amuses me too, if you think back about 6-7 years the idea that we would all want that would be met with total incomprehension.

But they are two of th most beautiful skaters of the era, so...

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone :grouphug:

I'd like to share the great news here too: we finally published Yuzu's two new Wiki articles in the mainspace :dancingpooh:

Ice shows produced by Yuzuru Hanyu (this article is nominated for the "Did you know" section on the main page)

List of programs and publications of Yuzuru Hanyu

The latter still needs a bit of polishment. The prose introductions for the single sections yet have to be written and some citations must be replaced with reliable secondary sources, but overall the list has grown splendidly, and we will keep updating it.

Another nice update happened on Yuzu's main biography. We managed to solve the "retirement" issue by turning the infobox into a general one about people, adding his occupations and active years, which are independent from his competitive skating career. It was really odd that the infobox only showed his retirement date, indicating that he is no longer active at all. We also changed the PB to his career best scores achieved in the old +3/-3 system, with a footnote that mentions his PB in the +5/-5 system.

Bonus: his article series is now directly embedded in the infobox, so that you can access the links to all sub-articles in mobile view as well. The previous template that was placed below the long infobox, only worked in desktop view.

Yuzuru Hanyu (main biography)

For some reason my computer is refusing to add likes today, so I'm posting this to say thank you to Henni and the others invplved for all this wonderful, complicated work you've done.

12 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, Patrick Chan is coming out of retirement to participate in "Stars on Ice"....

Well if we're going to drag people out of retirement to skate at Yuzu's shows, then I also want Virtue/Moir and the Shibutanis. :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

On 1/8/2023 at 4:13 AM, ccy said:

I'm so excited for notte stellata (and sad that I can't go :crybaby:),  but where is the photo of this eventful meeting? :giggle: We saw a few photos of Yuzu and artists, so they must have taken photos backstage....

9 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

I didn't sleep well this night. Therefore is Yuzu's message a really good motivation to start into the day.:tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

19 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone :grouphug:

I'd like to share the great news here too: we finally published Yuzu's two new Wiki articles in the mainspace :dancingpooh:

Ice shows produced by Yuzuru Hanyu (this article is nominated for the "Did you know" section on the main page)

List of programs and publications of Yuzuru Hanyu

The latter still needs a bit of polishment. The prose introductions for the single sections yet have to be written and some citations must be replaced with reliable secondary sources, but overall the list has grown splendidly, and we will keep updating it.

Another nice update happened on Yuzu's main biography. We managed to solve the "retirement" issue by turning the infobox into a general one about people, adding his occupations and active years, which are independent from his competitive skating career. It was really odd that the infobox only showed his retirement date, indicating that he is no longer active at all. We also changed the PB to his career best scores achieved in the old +3/-3 system, with a footnote that mentions his PB in the +5/-5 system.

Bonus: his article series is now directly embedded in the infobox, so that you can access the links to all sub-articles in mobile view as well. The previous template that was placed below the long infobox, only worked in desktop view.

Yuzuru Hanyu  (main biography)

:clapclap4:

A big thank you to you @Henni147 and your team for all the work.

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

Well if we're going to drag people out of retirement to skate at Yuzu's shows, then I also want Virtue/Moir and the Shibutanis. :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

The Shibs Sibs visited Japan in autumn last year. They always seemed to have fun with Yuzu at the comps, galas and banquets deducing from photos. Who knows maybe they met up and maybe they discussed potential collaboration and they are very discreet. After all mature and sensible people are aware of how to keep friendships

15 hours ago, surimi said:

Just a guess, but I don't think Ryuju is in shape when it comes to being able to skate in a show manner. Unlike Keiji who coaches, or Akiko who choreographs, Ryuju has left the skating world and now works full-time in IT. I don't think he has spare time to practice at all. He still meets up with his skater friends occasionally, but the last time he visited his former rink in Chukyo (a week or so ago), all the others were on the ice and he wasn't. I do believe Yuzuru would invite him if Ryuju could skate at his show. 

Guys, who is this 'Violetta' you speak of? She wasn't mentioned in the Notte Stellata article.

I'm very happy to see Yuzuru's picks as the host :2thumbsup: 

I had no current infos about Ryuju, thanks for that. It would have been nice, if all three had met again, maybe sometime without ice.

And this is Violetta in action:agree: