General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Anni said:

The list for today :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

👀

[NEWS]

Starrynotte wrote that she has a bad connection and not sure if the stream will go smoothly. Hopefully there is other possibility.:smiley-angelic001:

The link I usually use for Kouhaku isn't smooth either :'< hopefully it doesn't crash when it starts 😭

On 12/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, meowmeownyan said:

Both baseball and figure skating  are niche sport in my country haha

23 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Sad to report that baseball is not popular in the UK. You are correct though, once Sekkisei launch in the Americas where baseball is popular then the world opens up to a 'cult' beauty brand. Men's skin care is definitely something all beauty brands want to tap into. Hopefully Yuzu will eventually join Shohei promoting healthy skin for all, all around the world. 

Shohei seems like a good sports role model. 

Yes, American Major League Baseball does not have global appeal. I guess what Kose means by “global” and “overseas” are the approximately 336 million people in the United States although, like for Yuzu, fans come from all over the world just to watch one baseball game in which Shohei Ohtani is playing. During one game, I even saw a couple holding up a sign which read, “We flew from Indonesia just to watch Shohei Ohtani!”

Since this is the end of the year, I was thinking about 2022 and it was not a particularly good year for me because of health issues; however, I did attend the 45th Law School Graduation Reunion in May. (Actually, it was the 46th graduation reunion since it had been postponed one year due to the pandemic.)

For the reunion, we were asked to provide old pictures of us before, during and after graduation. Here is one of me when I was 25 in my final year of law school saying:

CHEERS! AND BEST WISHES TO ALL SATELLITES AND THEIR LOVED ONES FOR A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2023!

wkuwKvv.jpg

18 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, American Major League Baseball does not have global appeal. I guess what Kose means by “global” and “overseas” are the approximately 336 million people in the United States although, like for Yuzu, fans come from all over the world just to watch one baseball game in which Shohei Ohtani is playing. During one game, I even saw a couple holding up a sign which read, “We flew from Indonesia just to watch Shohei Ohtani!”

Since this is the end of the year, I was thinking about 2022 and it was not a particularly good year for me because of health issues; however, I did attend the 45th Law School Graduation Reunion in May. (Actually, it was the 46th graduation reunion since it had been postponed one year due to the pandemic.)

For the reunion, we were asked to provide old pictures of us before, during and after graduation. Here is one of me when I was 25 in my final year of law school saying:

CHEERS! AND BEST WISHES TO ALL SATELLITES AND THEIR LOVED ONES FOR A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2023!

wkuwKvv.jpg

If you are interested, I have posted a number of pictures that were scanned for the law school graduation reunion under the spoiler. Almost all of my pre-digital pictures are buried under years of accumulated stuff, but my wife was able to find a couple of old chocolate boxes with photographs. These are some that were scanned by my niece. Pictures up to and including age 27 are before my spinal cord injury. Pictures of me older than that are after my ‘recovery’ from the spinal cord injury and before I eventually lost the ability to move anything below my shoulders.

Hide contents

Sorry, these are not in any particular order.

Age 19 –found 20 Long Beach, Vancouver Island

chlVOou.jpg

Age 25 – with my first wife at our wedding rehearsal

1ShEEvb.jpg

Age 20

0Fx6OAi.jpg

Age? 20? Younger? Older?

0XlLvsP.jpg

Age 26 – newly called lawyer

GUYL1og.jpg

Age 20 – Road trip through the states with university buddies Al and Angus (Al taking picture)

HZ33TnM.jpg

Age 27

HZSagFr.jpg

Age 26

YwzEYB3.jpg

Age 25 – Me and my best man, Paddy. We look like we are facing the gallows instead of a wedding. Maybe it's the same thing!

ts6r3vg.jpg

Age 27

KRaMEBt.jpg

Age 33 – Office opening party for the new firm that my former classmate and I established. My younger brother, a dentist, is beside me. The fellow in the foreground is a quadriplegic whom I befriended while in hospital. The lady in red immediately behind him is his twin sister and the lady in red in front of her is one of the first ICU nurses who treated me in the acute spinal cord injury unit.

44EYK0Q.jpg

Age 25 – Me and my first wife at my parents

NaO9OVe.jpg

Age 25-26?

MZptBxk.jpg

Age 37 – MC at my cousin's wedding; singing karaoke (Japanese 'Enka').

Wcyv23r.jpg

Age 20 – Road trip through the states with university buddies Al and Angus (Al taking picture). Taking eclectic pictures.

c4EPENa.jpg

Age 43-45?

FB8Co1e.jpg

Age 44 – with my wife Emiko

mMKxogY.jpg

Age 44 with Emiko

N1NKLmy.jpg

Age 38 – weekend drive Washington state

cHekZOJ.jpg

Dear Geo1, Thank you very much for sharing your photos. The Fashions of the day are quite amusing, looking back. If you had had a 'wiggle' gif and the internet had existed, no doubt it would have gone viral.

Sorry that you have not had good health this year. However, it is great that you managed to go to your reunion. Wishing you better health for 2023, Happy New year

Pxx