General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Wild Flower Yasei no hana said:

Dear Yuzuru!!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw :

Dear Satellite friends!!!

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Very early in the morning today, I received a very special message for you...   :48179197:

FROM A VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN THE WORLD...  :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg ::tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw :

I am happy and honored to pass it on to Yuzuru and all of you: :10815002:

Is1LXFR.jpeg

#Happy 28th birthday Yuzu!!! from Dumont d'Urville, Antarctica  :68468287: 

(Sorry to be a little late for the YT party as the trip was delayed for a week, but the next stop is the Astronomical Research Base at Concordia!!!  :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw : )

Good luck for their mission and thank you very much dear friend for sharing with us! <3 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw :

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw : :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw ::48179197: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YUZU!!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw ::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw ::48179197:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I checked where exactly Dumont d'Urville is, and  :research: OMG! It's awesome.

I do not know this "French polar institute" station and I discovered it thanks to you YASEI NO HANA which has a French flag (so understands it and speaks it?)

https://institut-polaire.fr/fr/antlastique/la-station-dumont-durville/   and for the first time I was able to easily read what this Mr is holding in his hand  :heartpound: :girlsigh: with an Adélie penguin and therefore is a fanyu  :wink_star: and it is to your honor to send it to us as well as to :665e343793b9:Yuzu

3 hours ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

Dear Yuzuru !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Dear fellow Satellites !!!

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Very early in the morning today I received one very special message for you...   :48179197:

FROM A VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN THE WORLD ...  :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

I'm happy and honored to forward it to Yuzuru and you all : :10815002:

Is1LXFR.jpeg

#Happy 28th Birthday Yuzu!!! from Dumont d'Urville, Antarctica  :68468287: 

(He's sorry to be a little late for the YT party due to the trip being one week delayed, but next stop is the Astronomy research base in Concordia !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: )

Best luck to their mission and thank you so much dear friend for sharing with us ! <3 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YUZU !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197:

Wow! And we finally can say it supported with a picture: Yuzu had fans in every continent!!!!

I hope you can see this.

Thank you so much for sharing ❤️🔥

13 hours ago, isabelfm said:

New Yuzu Crumbs!!!!!

[NEWS]

It would be lovely if Yuzu could visit the rink and skate. Perhaps somebody will thoughtful enough to allow him a private skating session after the rink is closed to the public and film Yuzu skating lit up by Starlight and the light decorations. It would be magical, Yuzu skating beneath the midnight sky, even more wonderful if it were to snow

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

100 m x 50 m :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

That's 5,000 m² !!

For comparison:

An Olympic figure skating rink has the size 60 m x 30 m = 1,800 m²

The mobile rink for Prologue in Yokohama had the size 55 m x 24 m = 1,320 m²

If that info about the 100x50 size is true, that would no longer be a skating rink, but an entire skating LANDSCAPE.

Good for Yuzu, ... I guess? :space:

A 100m x 50m ice rink?!? That would be incredible! But if there is anyone who could fill such a gigantic ice rink from one corner to another with wonderful skating, it's Yuzu. :smiley-happy105:

4 hours ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Very early in the morning today I received one very special message for you...   :48179197:

FROM A VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN THE WORLD ...  :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Is1LXFR.jpeg

(He's sorry to be a little late for the YT party due to the trip being one week delayed, but next stop is the Astronomy research base in Concordia !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: )

Best luck to their mission and thank you so much dear friend for sharing with us ! <3 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YUZU !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197:

Thank you so much! This is really amazing! Now Yuzu has received birthday wishes from literally everywhere around the world. :loveshower:

What will we see at the Tokyo Dome :animated-smileys-angels-151:

(with what hanyuconomy, hehe)

Will MIKIKO be really involved in the Dome show too?  Nothing but great expectation.

She was engaged in the Tokyo Olympic introduction at the closing ceremony of Rio Olympics, and she also choreographed the Nigehaji dance.  

Sorry if already posted.

https://weekly-economist.mainichi.jp/articles/20210326/se1/00m/020/004000d

1 hour ago, vegavnc said:

a bigger rink for him to skate freely & at full speed

Yes - warm up, programmes and cool downs - lots of space.  Wish I could be there.  I hope for a revival of Phantom one day…..

I ponder the I*U awards  under the spoiler so you can avoid if you cannot bear to think about them!

Spoiler

I*U awards list of candidates out tomorrow I think - what is our strategy guys if Yuzu is listed as a candidate (which I doubt)....

If he is, our options:

1. Don't go anywhere near these stupid I*U awards

2. Vote for Yuzu en masse to annoy I*U

Even if we vote for him en masse, there is no way a "panel" will choose him. And even if they did, how would Yuzu feel accepting an award from these *bleeeeps* ? 

He already won MVS so he def wont get that again imo. Even though China fell in love with Yuzu's figure skating in 2022 and his fanbase grew exponentially, and therefore Chinese people could be considered a good pool of potential FS fans, most are not as they are "only Yuzu" fans from what I can gather.  I can't think of any other worthy candidate for MVS tbh...

Anyway, just wondered what others are thinking!

5 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

What will we see at the Tokyo Dome :animated-smileys-angels-151:

(with what hanyuconomy, hehe)

Will MIKIKO be really involved in the Dome show too?  Nothing but great expectation.

She was engaged in the Tokyo Olympic introduction at the closing ceremony of Rio Olympics, and she also choreographed the Nigehaji dance.  

Sorry if already posted.

https://weekly-economist.mainichi.jp/articles/20210326/se1/00m/020/004000d

Yes! MIKIKO will work on Gift too :img_21: I'm so excited. 

Don't think this has been posted - it's the second video (just under Yuzu's video message)....some clips from Prologue included, it's like a movie trailer as one of the comments says!

(Yuzu's voice is so wonderful)

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

I ponder the I*U awards  under the spoiler so you can avoid if you cannot bear to think about them!

Reveal hidden contents

I*U awards list of candidates out tomorrow I think - what is our strategy guys if Yuzu is listed as a candidate (which I doubt)....

If he is, our options:

Even if we vote for him en masse, there is no way a "panel" will choose him. And even if they did, how would Yuzu feel accepting an award from these *bleeeeps* ? 

He already won MVS so he def wont get that again imo. Even though China fell in love with Yuzu's figure skating in 2022 and his fanbase grew exponentially, and therefore Chinese people could be considered a good pool of potential FS fans, most are not as they are "only Yuzu" fans from what I can gather.  I can't think of any other worthy candidate for MVS tbh...

Spoiler

I guess they will give Nathan the most valuable skater award, and perhaps the best costume award to Yuzuru, lol.

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Hide contents

If he is, our options:

Spoiler

I'd go for 2 because I'm physically unable Not to vote for Zu whatever the poll:P:laughing:

I have no idea whether things changed compared from previous editions, but I think MVS&co are only about actively competing skaters in the season?

If so, Yuzu can only "run" for the lifetime achievement career, but as far as I remember the name for that gets picked by the special jury alone, with no fan voting.

Tbh might be something ISU will consider to do, as a desperate attempt to get that much needed spotlight. Because then they could invite Zu, and he'd probably agree to at least say "hi" and "thank you" on video (and if they hit the jackpot, he could even attend in person)

But they may instead chose the route of pretending Yuzu doesn't exist and reward, idk... DT for being successful in two disciplines? MarinaZ coach&choreographer? some other illustrious Jpn name, since WC is there and it's the major market they have? (tho Zuzu's unspoken presence would be particularly loud)

Under further spoiler cuz :offtopic2:

Spoiler

For MVS, I am not following the season closely but I can't think of any candidate that could claim such a title, simply because the "FS audience" did not grew by any objective metric, quite the contrary. The Zu audience increased, but things like his one-man shows kinda cut off "the rest of FS" from calling dibs on that achievement (not saying this was Yuzuru's intention, but the people have spoken🤷‍♀️)

But I can see USFSA together with their merry best mates JSF giving it to IM just because media has been hyping up 4A (happily ignoring that the heavy lifting for 4A among FS audience and beyond was done by Yuzuru and his quest, regardless of how it ended). Also because IM can't claim the best newcomer prize because he already competed at past season sr WC (probably gonna go to US girl who, instead, made her sr debut this season).

There's the change SU could be in the pool but it would be to me such an unremarkable MVS... at least IM has "an exciting story" to sell....

Tbh I think pairs M/K would deserve it the most because they are making history for Japan, and Pairs really deserves some official acknowledgement from the ISU, after having been blatantly snubbed in all previous scamawards....

All my speculations are void of course if, instead, the nominees don't need to be among current active skaters only

Oh my, the new GIFT "teaser" has such a good clip selection, and why does it feel like trailer for an anime? He could really train as a seiyuu, he has such a pleasant voice and quite a range too (of course, talking and dubbing as a profession are very different, but IMO some smaller collabs would be very doable!)

Speaking of which, he gonna be on the radio next week!:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

The 100mx50m rink is both scary and a dream to imagine, but gonna be once more a party pooper:scared0012: and point out that Yuzuru would need to 1) further increase his stamina, to fill such a surface the way he fills oly-sized rinks 2) adapt his programs, something really not easy to do since there are no such rinks existing, where he could actually train and prepare the choreo beforehand. Idk how many days(?) he'll have to rehearse in TD either, but I bet he won't have much time.

So these are very real logistic issue (I mean, logisticis are the real party pooper here, not me!):smiley-scared005:

Still, it's nice to imagine what can be. I'll add: natural frozen ice surface come in all kind of size and shape and one could just skate with the flow there👀👀 so, I hope at some point ---preferably this year :cheer:(I wish!)--- Yuzuru gets to do that too, somehow. Skating freely out there, surrounded by nature (and cameras! Because if it ever happens I NEED to get all the footage!😠)

12 hours ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Is1LXFR.jpeg

FullHD here

So happy about this. BTW, this is probably the post with the most likes.