General Yuzuru Chat

Exclusive interview with The Asahi Shimbun

Spoiler

Q: (Skating) not only for yourself but, does skating for somebody else give you some kind of new motivation?

Y: Well, in fact, if you had asked me if I had skated just for myself during the Pyeongchang Olympics, I would have answered that I didn’t. To be honest, around the Sochi Olympics, I was probably skating just for myself. But, indeed, the stronger the power of that support. And, the stronger the feeling, the more I realized that I wasn’t alone in this. I think the desire to carry everyone’s expectations and meet those expectations has grown more and more. After Pyeongchang was over, I felt that in a sense, I had achieved everything that was my goal.When I thought about continuing to skate for the 4A. I thought that in a way, my dream of jumping the 4A have become everyone’s dream, too. In that sense,I felt a strong urge to fight. And, that I had to absolutely jump the 4A for everyone. This time, I want to deliver more of my programs and feelings to those who have supported me so far until now. For example, even when you feel alone and lonely in life, I want my programs and feelings to stay close to everyone. I want to skate with the idea that they will definitely be there for you.

Q: (You managed to) receive a lot of things. And, you had (the opportunity) to skate so far thanks to those efforts. Is there anything you feel you can't do without it?

Y: It is precisely because of everyone’s feelings that I have continued to skate with a sense of mission. Because of that, I felt that I had to be stronger. For example, If I had skated only for myself, without any feelings or expectations from everyone. I think skating would've existed (for me) only for the purpose of winning. If that had been the case, I wouldn’t have put all my energy into skating like I do now. And, I wouldn’t have skated while having so many things in mind. It is true that there have been times when everyone’s feelings have become a pressure and burden for me. However, that burden is like a weight that makes me stronger. I think that it is precisely because of that weight that I have gained the strength to rise (as in moving forward.)

Q: When was that? Were there times when that was the case?

Y: The first time I felt the power of those feelings was indeed after the earthquake. I really, well… I really think that was a turning point in my life. Of course, even until now, I’ve always felt that I’ve been supported by many people during my skating career. And, I have always thought about not forgetting my feelings of gratitude for them. However, when I was given the opportunity to perform immediately after the earthquake. I honestly have never felt so much support as I did when I finished skating (back then.) Since then, I have come to experience the power of feelings. And, I think I’ve come to want to respond to those feelings responsibly.

Q: I think there must be people who feel overwhelmed by the weight of feelings. How did Hanyu-san turn those feelings into a driving force?

Y: It’s because I want to live up to those expectations. Don’t I? *laughs* That’s all. It’s true that it’s very difficult. In fact, even now, I’m thinking about how I want to perform, kind of making sure that everyone will want this kind of performance and such. I know there’ll be various expectations regarding my ice shows and skating. And, I don’t want to be a Hanyu Yuzuru who can’t live up to those expectations. As I said at the press conference when I turned Pro. Hanyu Yuzuru is a very heavy existence for me as a human being. I just want myself to be like that. It might be easier to run away. But, I’m more afraid of running away. I don’t think everyone thinks I’ve betrayed them, but I don’t want to betray them. After all, I want to continue to respond to everyone’s feelings. And, that’s what makes me happy. If you don’t really feel the need to meet everyone’s expectations, you just don’t meet them. And if you want to live up to those expectations, you meet them. It’s a simple thought (like that.)

translation : @sweetyuzu 

source https://digital.asahi.com/sp/articles/ASQD84JR2QCKUTQP008.html?ptoken=01GM6VFXT7FTFAK9CTX6E37ME9

23 hours ago, meowmeownyan said:

I read somewhere that to accommodate the larger than usual rink (100mx50m), the number of seats available is around 39,000. I want to win so badly!

100 m x 50 m :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

That's 5,000 m² !!

For comparison:

An Olympic figure skating rink has the size 60 m x 30 m = 1,800 m²

The mobile rink for Prologue in Yokohama had the size 55 m x 24 m = 1,320 m²

If that info about the 100x50 size is true, that would no longer be a skating rink, but an entire skating LANDSCAPE.

Good for Yuzu, ... I guess? :space:

Dear Yuzuru !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Dear fellow Satellites !!!

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Very early in the morning today I received one very special message for you...   :48179197:

FROM A VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN THE WORLD ...  :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

I'm happy and honored to forward it to Yuzuru and you all : :10815002:

Is1LXFR.jpeg

FullHD here (pls do not repost this pic. elsewhere without direct link to this post in PH, thank you). 

#Happy 28th Birthday Yuzu!!! from Dumont d'Urville, Antarctica   

(He's sorry to be a little late for the YT party due to the trip being one week delayed, but next stop is the Astronomy research base in Concordia !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: )

Best luck to their mission and thank you so much dear friend for sharing with us ! <3 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YUZU !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197:

17 minutes ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Very early in the morning today I received one very special message for you...   :48179197:

FROM A VERY SPECIAL PLACE IN THE WORLD ...  :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

Is1LXFR.jpeg

#Happy 28th Birthday Yuzu!!! from Dumont d'Urville, Antarctica  :68468287: 

(He's sorry to be a little late for the YT party due to the trip being one week delayed, but next stop is the Astronomy research base in Concordia !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: )

Best luck to their mission and thank you so much dear friend for sharing with us ! <3 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YUZU !!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::48179197:

Amazing!!!!! I'm so happy for this, thank you SO MUCH for giving us this joy and I really hope Yuzu will get to see it and receive such special birthday congratulation from Antarctica!!!! :loveshower:

9 hours ago, isabelfm said:

New Yuzu Crumbs!!!!!

[NEWS]

There is also a report in the news ❄

I just imagine (of course impossible), that Yuzu could skate on this outdoor ice rink again like in 2008.0:)

On 12/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Anni said:

[NEWS]

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

Here also clips from the exhibition

Yuzu's pictures are very popular.:yes:

9.webp?1

Source x

[NEWS]

1 hour ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

GUESS WHAT !!! <3

Is1LXFR.jpeg

#Happy 28th Birthday Yuzu!!! from Dumont d'Urville, Antarctica  :68468287: 

I checked where exactly Dumont d'Urville is, and :eeking: OMG! This is awesome.

10 hours ago, cereus said:

Apparently this:

Edit to add a more direct translation:

9 hours ago, Hanmgse said:

Thank you  :img_21: how fun an outdoor rink is, hope everyone who goes enjoys it!

:agree:because I read Yuzu's words in French thanks to YT's auto translate and he is really a promotion agent for his dear city of SENDAI and will Yuzu skate on the one outside? and beware of a RIOT :peek:

I also have a Dôme in PARIS, but only 5000 places https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dôme_de_Paris_-_Palais_des_Sports   and Holiday on Ice came there in February 2019 with P Candeloro, but here is the size of the ice rink and not very big at the sight of the little zamboni

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=le+dome+de+paris+palais+des+sports&docid=607997542346008569&mid=C218E501D3374AF16914C218E501D3374AF16914&view=detail&FORM=VIRE   _ a little hope to see him live  :snonegai:and Yuzu will be well received in France