General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Could you buy a Japanese sim and send it to your friend. You can activate it on line and your friend could then put it in their phone in order to receive the relevant SMS from the ticket site, once they have purchased the tickets for you, using a Japanese credit card. You would have to collect the sim and put it in your own phone prior to going to the venue

Is that a suitable solution? 

Having a friend in Japan is a bigger step forward than the options available for many of us, so it is worth a try.

Those books are really good, bought them because they were on my kids reading recommendation list, but they were not keen on them.

I was thinking of ordering a sim card from mobal.com and sending it to my friend directly in Japan, but it looks like it's not possible. In order to ship to a Japanese address, they'll need your identity card which shows your address! So I will have to ship the sim card to the UK, and THEN send it to my friend in Japan. By then the lottery registration period will sadly be over. Maybe he can just order the sim card for me... I'm not entirely sure though if Lawson has a way of verifying that the sim card is not mine. Wow this is becoming more and more unrealistic. I don't want to spend a fortune flying all the way to Japan only to be denied entry if for some reason they cared that the sim card wasn't mine.

1 hour ago, JanMary said:

The APP that receives the ticket requires you to log in WITH the sim card in the phone. The APP will send out an international SMS for log in verification. So it is either you get her sim card and get your ticket on your own phone, or she downloads the ticket on her phone and gives her phone to you. Sadly she won't be able to forward only the eticket to you. Please check the page below.

https://l-tike.com/e-tike/navi/guide/configuration.html

Hi, do you know for sure if I can just use someone else's sim card? I could have a sim card shipped to my friend in Tokyo but then the sim card would be registered to his name, not mine. Not in the Lawson app, but just the sim card itself. Would they have a way of verifying that it's someone else's sim card?

I share these ones here, too:

The article should be pinned on the main page in about 4.5 hours.

Make sure to access the Olympic seasons sub-page. That's the one that counts for views.

I was told that it improves the article's traffic, when you not only read 2-3 minutes, but also click on some images or blue links.

Regardless of the 100K view challenge, we would be truly happy to see people read the article. This Olympic seasons page has no equal on Wikipedia. Especially the sections about the background and making of Yuzu's Olympic programs are pioneer works.

Very big thanks to the whole team who worked on that page over the last year - the researchers, translators, editors, photographers... everyone :grouphug:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Make sure to access the Olympic seasons sub-page. That's the one that counts for views.

I was told that it improves the article's traffic, when you not only read 2-3 minutes, but also click on some images or blue links.

Regardless of the 100K view challenge, we would be truly happy to see people read the article. This Olympic seasons page has no equal on Wikipedia. Especially the sections about the background and making of Yuzu's Olympic programs are pioneer works.

Very big thanks to the whole team who worked on that page over the last year - the researchers, translators, editors, photographers... everyone :grouphug:

I say it again: This is not only an amazing achievment, it's also such a great birthday gift.

I hope not only Fanyus from all over the world, but also non fans who just get curious will see this article and will stay to read.

You all did an incredible job on this page!💜

Anyone willing to try the tickets inquiry line? It's on the GIFT website with the international code for Japan...so they must be expecting inquiries about how to buy from abroad?  I would try but I am nervous about understanding tech stuff, and there would have to be an English speaker coz all I can say is konichiwa Pammi desu sumimasen aygo ga wakarimaska....and if they say no I am scuppered!

【Inquiries about tickets】

Hot Stuff Promotion +81-3-5720-9999(Weekdays 12:00~18:00)

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you so much for this, it's incredible. Back in February I was soaking up info about Yuzu and your work on Wikipedia helped me a lot! They are truly a couple of the few pages (both Olys season page & the main YH page) on Wikipedia to properly give me the information I needed about a person in a niche sport.

Also, do you think Yuzu ever reads his Wiki pages and goes "woaaah, I did this" or "huh, I'd forgotten about that"? 🤣

11 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Marika provided this information on application to the ticket lottery for Gift.

So far, this doesn't look good for international fans. I was so thrilled to find out about the fantastic news yesterday and hoped that there would be options for international fans, especially since there is an English version of the Gift website. :crybaby: :64341262:

But perhaps things will change in the next few days. Let's hope and pray together. :smiley-angelic001:

@Yuzurella - Yep. Things are not looking good for international fans. Don't forget - the e-ticket app is likely only available in Japan. I realized when I wanted to download the app and couldn't find it. I really don't understand why they make it so difficult. (When I say "they", it refers to whichever org that suggested this process of allowing registration only for those with local numbers and addresses.) 

I hope Yuzuru is having the coziest happiest bday <3

as a fan, I had thus far "witnessed" bdays that he spent (under spoiler cuz not exactly pleasant recollections)

Spoiler
  • fighting to recover from NHK17 injury in time for Olys
  • fighting to recover from COR18 injury in tim for WC
  • improvising a 5quads layout in a fight against all odds, and being robbed in the worst ways :tif: maybe audience warmth helped, but still, that GPF must not have been the best bday gift:13877886:
  • preparing in solitude to YOLO JNats debuting two new programs, during pandemic and after a very difficult time (iirc he tlaked about it especially being around Oct/Nov)
  • figthing to recover from injury (that made him give up on GP) in time for JNats

generally speaking, his bday fell on a very busy and/or particularly difficult time of his competitive season, so each one was probably not lived in the best of moods, with everything going on, the burdens and worries... and every time I sent my bday wishes, I felt I needed to somehow help him mend his heart...

but this year, Yuzuru is free, healthy (as far as we know, his condition in Hachinohe Prologue surely looked great!):tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: and dare I say, definitely happy after just finishing the most successfull professional-athlete debut EVER and soaking in all the well-deserved love and cheering:loveshower::loveshower::smiley-happy093:

I hope Yuzu can look back at everything that happenned since last December, as I'm doing, and be very proud of everything he achieved, and fired up for what's next, and most of all, feel really, truly HAPPY to be alive and be our amazing, funny, suprising, smart, caring, fiercest, gentlest Yuzuru Hanyu:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Happiest bday to Yuzuru, and happy celebration for us!!!

This gif of happy Yuzu is all for us! To many more days of happy Yuzu! Cheers!:drinks:

giphy.gif

ETA:

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

The duality of Yuzu captured by Sponichi. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

ok, I did a double take reading those big titles, cuz while the duality is absolutely true, the symbolic colour scheme on point, and the words themselves rather undeniable, seeing a newspaper call Yuzuru HOT in big-ass letters is...something!

:embSwan:

12 minutes ago, EisElle said:

and most of all, feel really, truly HAPPY to be alive and be our amazing, funny, suprising, smart, caring, fiercest, gentlest Yuzuru Hanyu

:heart: Wonderful sentiments, he is truly all those things, and more!

Happy birthday Yuzuru, have a lovely day! 

5 hours ago, ancelstierre said:

I was thinking of ordering a sim card from mobal.com and sending it to my friend directly in Japan, but it looks like it's not possible. In order to ship to a Japanese address, they'll need your identity card which shows your address! So I will have to ship the sim card to the UK, and THEN send it to my friend in Japan. By then the lottery registration period will sadly be over.

Are we going to have just this one lottery then? Just this one time to push our luck to try for tickets? No other subsequent lotteries? They're gonna fill that 55k seat from this one lottery? :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

16 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Are we going to have just this one lottery then? Just this one time to push our luck to try for tickets? No other subsequent lotteries? They're gonna fill that 55k seat from this one lottery? :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

Oh don’t listen to me, I don’t know what I’m talking about! I’ve never participated in any of these lotteries before, just thought to try this time because I thought I’d at least have a little bit of a chance because the venue is so big. Maybe I should still order that sim card then in case there will be more lottery rounds!

1 hour ago, Anni said:

[NEWS]

I really want to be positive and happy on this Yuzuru's birthday, and these are wonderful words from JOC:

Today is #フィギュアスケート Yuzuru Hanyu's birthday

Participated in the Olympics for the third time in a row, beautiful performances are engraved in people's hearts  

And I can't take my eyes off Yuzuru Hanyu, who continues to challenge himself 

#オリンピック

BUT ISN'T THERE ONE RATHER GLARING OMISSION.....OR TWO???? :rubeye: