General Yuzuru Chat

Marika provided this information on application to the ticket lottery for Gift.

So far, this doesn't look good for international fans. I was so thrilled to find out about the fantastic news yesterday and hoped that there would be options for international fans, especially since there is an English version of the Gift website. :crybaby: :64341262:

But perhaps things will change in the next few days. Let's hope and pray together. :smiley-angelic001:

2 hours ago, legendhanyu said:

From my experience following j-pop, some artists will reserve a small number of tickets available for purchase for foreigners. This usually happens after the japanese sales though.

When you say small number of tickets, is this say single figure percentage of available seats and are they often the seats with poor views?

Truly would fly to the Japan to see Yuzu, but it would be a shame to only be able to see him as small as one pixel after having flown 14 hours and then also the plane fare and finding a hotel in reasonable subway or taxi distance. ( according to Twt, hotels in Tokyo all booked for Gift date already ) 

11 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

When you say small number of tickets, is this say single figure percentage of available seats and are they often the seats with poor views?

Truly would fly to the Japan to see Yuzu, but it would be a shame to only be able to see him as small as one pixel after having flown 14 hours and then also the plane fare and finding a hotel in reasonable subway or taxi distance. ( according to Twt, hotels in Tokyo all booked for Gift date already ) 

Of course, the hotels are all booked already. And I bet the prices have also increased considerably. :13877886:

I would also be willing to travel just to see Yuzu, especially since I've been wanting to travel to Japan for quite a while already.

But if there will be tickets available, they don't necessarily have to be worse ones than for domestic audiences. I suppose it would be a certain percentage of each category. The blood bath would of course be intense.

Let's just hope that there will be tickets available for international fans to begin with. :smiley-angelic001:

ETA: Perhaps I'll have to actually move to Japan to ever be able to go to a Yuzu ice show. :rofl3: :64341262:

Really cool news everyone!

It would be really nice if we managed to get Yuzu's article to the Wiki Hall of Fame on his birthday :dancingpooh:

Info: On Wikipedia a page counts as viewed if you have clicked and scrolled through it for about 3 min. Ideally, you read a bit of the text, so that it doesn't appear bot-like. After ca. 30 minutes break, your view should count again.

2 hours ago, Perelandra said:

You have to have the phone number that you registered for the tickets with you when you get to the venue because that is the number to which the electronic ticket will be sent. The e ticket will be associated with that phone number and ? will have a barcode/QR code which will be scanned?

That is how e tickets work for festivals, according to my daughter. Is it same for Japanese events?

That is about all I know.

The other issue is payment card, your friend could pay for you ticket and you could reimburse via any money transfer platform

Your registered details must match some kind of Photo ID, this might be checked at the venue. This was what could be gleaned from the small print about tickets

Sorry off topic, looking at your username it is the Kingdom Beyond the Wall, are you a Sabriel Abhorsen fan. Brilliant books

Thank you! Would you know if that means I really must have my friend's sim card with me when I'm in the venue? Or I just need to login to their account on the Lawson app? It's looking like I need to get my hands on a Japanese sim card somehow... Or some kind of virtual number.

Also yes! My username is from the Abhorsen books haha. I love these books!

On 12/6/2022 at 1:16 PM, Henni147 said:

It would be really nice if we managed to get Yuzu's article to the Wiki Hall of Fame on his birthday :dancingpooh:

Info: On Wikipedia a page counts as viewed if you have clicked and scrolled through it for about 3 min. Ideally, you read a bit of the text, so that it doesn't appear bot-like. After ca. 30 minutes break, your view should count again.

Thank you for the great news @Henni147

Let's go:ganba:

I have sent a request for a quote from proxy service ticketsgalorejapan.com and explained the situation with the etickets/need for Japan mobile number (which I have from mobal.com) and a need for my name to be on that ticket.  Marika has said you have to download an app from Lawson, presumably for the e ticket, so I have told the proxy my Japan number, that it is activated (carrier is Softbank), but won't receive a signal until I get into Japan so cannot download an app until then (planned for 23rd Feb - I booked a hotel from booking.com, can be cancelled for free up until a week before arrival due) - this means I would have to register with Lawson then or know the details from the proxy of my registered account - I have given the hotel address for registration purposes - I have asked whether they can enter the lottery on my behalf (so they would have to put my name on the application so everything matched up for ID purposes)  I really don't think this will be possible to be honest, but it was worth asking the question!!

They respond within 3-4 days.  I'll let you know if I hear anything! 

SOOOOOO COMPLICATED!!!!

EDIT: just checking my Japan sim mobile and I think I can download the app now as it's done thru wi-fi ofc .... oh no something in the bumf talks about SMS authentication needed, so....that won't work lol!! But yes - I could do it once in Japan and wouldn't need details of a registered acc with Lawson I don't think (can you tell I am not fabulously tech savvy??!! :laughing:)

EDIT 2: though looking at the bumf again it says this: (DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN USE OUR PHONES FROM OUTSIDE JAPAN? WHY ELSE MENTION INTERNATIONAL SMS? Does it maybe mean for those with a Japan mobile who are outside the country at the moment??

Please read before using

・Before applying for a ticket, please download the app and complete SMS authentication, and check in advance if you can use the app on your smartphone.
- Sending an international SMS is required for SMS authentication.
・Customers are responsible for the cost of sending international SMS

16 hours ago, Beatrice said:

That's exactly how I feel too  :yes:

And for the reading of the 20 pages, I wish you ... joy ! :giggle:

Yep, I did feel joy reading all!

12 hours ago, gapil27 said:

I'm still reeling from the news. I mean, I know Yuzu's famous. But I don't even know he's *that* famous. Now I can imagine what a mega superstar he is, even in a niche sport. And that comes unironically from me, who lives in a tropical country. I mean, look at Thailand, the event they had for Yuzu's birthday was amazing.

Remember when most of us feels really morose after Yuzu's pro press conference? Where we feel like it was the end of an era, and where new fanyus like me feel like I'll never feel the tension of competition, moment of triumph, ever again. Where the future was so uncertain we're readying for cactus mode and the rare sightings of Yuzu save for ice shows (that were only a few times a year)? Well, look at us now...

Who Wouldve Thought Not Me GIF - Who Wouldve Thought Not Me Look At Us GIFs

Yes and he has 3 twitter account, Mr. I don't have a phone! Will he choose the wrong account in the future? I get lost with two, he's going to get lost with three? No? :D 

(And two YB accounts... will it be three next February?)

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Thanks! Bookmarked this so I remember tomorrow!!

46 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I have sent a request for a quote from proxy service ticketsgalorejapan.com and explained the situation with the etickets/need for Japan mobile number (which I have from mobal.com) and a need for my name to be on that ticket.  Marika has said you have to download an app from Lawson, presumably for the e ticket, so I have told the proxy my Japan number, that it is activated (carrier is Softbank), but won't receive a signal until I get into Japan so cannot download an app until then (planned for 23rd Feb - I booked a hotel from booking.com, can be cancelled for free up until a week before arrival due) - this means I would have to register with Lawson then or know the details from the proxy of my registered account - I have given the hotel address for registration purposes - I have asked whether they can enter the lottery on my behalf (so they would have to put my name on the application so everything matched up for ID purposes)  I really don't think this will be possible to be honest, but it was worth asking the question!!

SOOOOOO COMPLICATED!!!!

EDIT: just checking my Japan sim mobile and I think I can download the app now as it's done thru wi-fi ofc .... oh no something in the bumf talks about SMS authentication needed, so....that won't work lol!! But yes - I could do it once in Japan and wouldn't need details of a registered acc with Lawson I don't think (can you tell I am not fabulously tech savvy??!! :laughing:)

EDIT 2: though looking at the bumf again it says this: (DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN USE OUR PHONES FROM OUTSIDE JAPAN? WHY ELSE MENTION INTERNATIONAL SMS? Does it maybe mean for those with a Japan mobile who are outside the country at the moment??

Please read before using

・Before applying for a ticket, please download the app and complete SMS authentication, and check in advance if you can use the app on your smartphone.

Thanks for taking one for the team! Now I really regret not getting a Japan number earlier. You know, I thought I have time. We all do! How were we to know he’ll have another show that quickly?!! And ticket sales that advance!! :tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5:

44 minutes ago, Pammi said:

SOOOOOO COMPLICATED!!!!

Please read before using

Thanks so much for this info! I wonder if this is the way to go... Order a sim card online and ship it to the proxy service. Or they can buy one for you? Then they can activate the sim and register a Lawson account on your behalf, and then ship the sim card to your hotel in Japan. When you get the sim card, I am hoping that using your own phone, you would still be able to login to the app. I think apps are not really tied to a phone, just to an email or mobile number.

1 hour ago, ancelstierre said:

Thank you! Would you know if that means I really must have my friend's sim card with me when I'm in the venue? Or I just need to login to their account on the Lawson app? It's looking like I need to get my hands on a Japanese sim card somehow... Or some kind of virtual number.

Also yes! My username is from the Abhorsen books haha. I love these books!

Could you buy a Japanese sim and send it to your friend. You can activate it on line and your friend could then put it in their phone in order to receive the relevant SMS from the ticket site, once they have purchased the tickets for you, using a Japanese credit card. You would have to collect the sim and put it in your own phone prior to going to the venue

Is that a suitable solution? 

Having a friend in Japan is a bigger step forward than the options available for many of us, so it is worth a try.

Those books are really good, bought them because they were on my kids reading recommendation list, but they were not keen on them.

OMG what APP are they talking about? I'm using a mobile number of a friend's friend whom I've never met. Does that mean I'll have to trouble her to download the app and then forward the eticket to me -- that is, if I'm lucky enough to win the lottery?! I went through hell this afternoon to stumble through the extremely onerous Lawson system, including relying on Google translate to put the local address in Western transliteration into Japanese kanji, in order to get the lottery application through. I was told the friend's friend is a single mother working in a restaurant supporting three kids so I really shouldn't bother her with such a luxury matter as ticket to an ice show so I didn't dare to ask for her address in Japanese character. Please don't tell me after all this I still won't be eligible for the lottery!