General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 3 horas, Kizuna said:

:crybaby: I literally said weeks ago that my wish was for  him to perform at Tokyo Dome one day, and that for now my wish was only Saitama Super Arena.

And now he's telling me it's happening in 2 months?! Like, Yuzu, we haven't managed to catch our breaths yet, even singers don't do concerts this often!

Also, please give more advance notice next time, 2 months isn't enough for me :cry: But, I'm so happy for him! :YuzuPoohLove:

He is one of a kind, indeed!

We are lucky to live in Yuzuru Hanyu's era.

1 hour ago, isabelfm said:

i bet he's waiting for 11:11pm to make a post :LOL:

Also not to bring negative feelings in here because i too am absolutely over the moon right now, but i can't help notice the lack of reporting of this in the FS community. Besides ambesi, jmedia and the olys there really aren't many international figure skating people (mostly american and european) talking about this (yet) and this is a really really big deal for the sport too. I guess it was the same with prologue.. but yeah still disappointing although not surprising. Anyway...back to what matters i wonder what type of new program yuzu will show us in february ... actually i'm curious about all of it i'm already anxious god help me

12 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Youre absolutely right lolololol. 

Reading the article, Tokyo Dome was the initial plan? Like right at the beginning he wants to go for Tokyo Dome? Damn, if that’s not a flex (and f u to I$U) then idk anymore 🤣🤣🤣. It really goes to show what a mega superstar he is. Pikachu of FS indeed. The application for Prologue was 100k, mind you and that’s just a rough estimate. Only Yuzu & his team know the exact number. I don’t imagine it will be easy in the slightest :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Please do not lose a moment of your lives concerning yourself with persons of a grumpy faced nature.

Yuzu has just won the Yahoo jp grand prize for the most searches, so although none of us want or need to drink from the chalice serving sour grape juice, it is not as if Yuzu needs extra publicity nor endorsement from any FS affiliated media. Perhaps for the best and then Yuzu owes absolutely nothing to them, actually probably even better because they cannot even claim to have promoted him one teeny weeny bit and therefore cannot pretend that they have had any part in Yuzu's Prologue success. Let it remain that way, they have chosen a path of folly and false belief, let them follow their chosen path to it's conclusion and be consigned to the land of forgotten things.

Instead let us enjoy Yuzu's success. Coining Costanza's newly discovered word ( from twt) Freudenfreude ( sp? )  - finding bliss for the success of another person 

Crying tears of joy for Yuzu, the success of Prologue, knowing that it is only a farewell until Yuzu brings 'Gift' to us and that Yuzu has rediscovered confidence in his skating - the best in the world.

22 hours ago, YuDai said:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2022/12/05/kiji/20221205s00079000515000c.html

So his team has been planning "GIFT" for a long time now. I wonder what he means when says he was asked to perform at the Tokyo Dome, does he mean his fans? Or even the venue itself?

It was also written in the article by Olympics (see my contribution), but here also from Lae:

It was Tokyo Dome :yes:  What an honour. 

[NEWS]

5 hours ago, YuDai said:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2022/12/05/kiji/20221205s00079000515000c.html

So his team has been planning "GIFT" for a long time now. I wonder what he means when says he was asked to perform at the Tokyo Dome, does he mean his fans? Or even the venue itself?

Here is Miya-kun's pinned tweet from July 2019 - his caption is "My dream came true" - is this Tokyo Dome? If so, could Miya have suggested it to Yuzuru this summer and helped him realise Yuzu too could have this dream?

(I don't know how "big" Miya-kun is in Japan...sorry for my ignorance! I know he is on tour now and was in Sapporo when Yuzuru was in Hachinohe...he has quite a fan base with  over 800,000 subscribers to his YT channel, so quite big I would say!)

EDIT: we never found out what that Pinky Promise was lol!! Yuzu said something about them both doing their best....but that could mean anything from Mr Vague himself!

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Here is Miya-kun's pinned tweet from July 2019 - his caption is "My dream came true" - is this Tokyo Dome? If so, could Miya have suggested it to Yuzuru this summer and helped him realise Yuzu too could have this dream?

(I don't know how "big" Miya-kun is in Japan...sorry for my ignorance! I know he is on tour now and was in Sapporo when Yuzuru was in Hachinohe...he has quite a fan base with  over 800,000 subscribers to his YT channel, so quite big I would say!)

EDIT: we never found out what that Pinky Promise was lol!! Yuzu said something about them both doing their best....but that could mean anything from Mr Vague himself!

Those photos are from Budokan, which is a famous place too, but not Tokyo Dome.

43 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

So I’m imagining Aug. 20:

YUZU: Yikes! Turning pro is so scary. I have no idea what my future will look like …

STAFF MEMBER: Hanyu-san, you you have a call. They say it’s the Tokyo Dome …

:goat:

:laughing: that's certainly a funny mental image

15 minutes ago, Anni said:

Yuzu's interview in the morning issue (6th December) of Asahi Shimbun 

[NEWS]

Wait! Is that the list for naughty or nice kids?? He's really Santa!!!

Anyway, I have no words! Not sleeping last night (don't know why), waking up naturally at 5:45 am after a 3 hour sleep (or less), watching the perfection that was Prologue at 6 am and reading Tokyo Dome like that (and being proud of recognising the kanji for Tokyo...) was just.... the perfect gift (to us!). I couldn't function for 5 minutes straight! I wanted to take a picture of "Tokyo Dome" while on screen but I couldn't remember how to access my camera phone quickly! I really zoned out! And they even wished happy birthday like I wanted last month! (those fanyus who screamed the happy birthday song so much that we could hear it from the TV are my heroes!) and the screams after the announcement! No one could remember Japanese covid prevention measurement (which I think are too strict, I mean why they can't scream????? The are masked! they don't spit out anything! But please, tell me if I'm wrong) wait where was I? Oh yes, no one remembered the no scream rule!! And I'm so proud! Why I'm feeling like a proud mama right now??

And now I have more than 20 pages to read in the Hacinohe thread... wish me luck!! At least tomorrow I'm at home so I can finally sleep in the morning :D