General Yuzuru Chat

Two news that I'd like to share here too:

Henni147 has finally made her way to Instagram: Henni (@henni147)

I don't know where twitter's journey will go, but I plan to share some of my major analysis threads on Insta as well, so that they don't get lost in worst-case.

I have mentioned our author team on wikipedia many times already, but it was never really clear who we are or how our collaboration looks like.
Eventually, I have created the "Yuzuru Hanyu task force", a project page that lists all articles of Yuzu's wiki series, their current assessment status with detailed to-do lists, our manual of style, and of course, the list of participants of this collaboration project. You can find a link to the page here: WikiProject Yuzuru Hanyu task force

The main purpose of this task force is to complete and maintain Yuzu's page series properly in the long-term. It might happen that Yolo4A4Lo or me are not able to contribute one day, so we want to have a detailed guide for others to continue if needed.

I'd like to express my gratitude to all active team members and also invite new authors to join this special project 🌸

23 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Yeah, thanks for the explanation, although I barely understood anything, I'm a denial for these things, my vision blurs when I read them :13877886:

You can think of this YouTube handle thing as a unique username for a YouTube channel :happy: It's helpful for promotional purposes.

Before, if you wanted to share the website URL or link to Yuzuru's YouTube channel, you had to copy and paste this very long string of random letters and numbers, which isn't easy to remember:

https://youtube.com/channel/UChXVX37lFVqMfYWNsDvqhdQ

Now with YouTube's new handles feature, you can instead direct someone to the following URL or link and still be brought to Yuzuru's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@hanyuyuzuru2624

("hanyuyuzuru2624" being the current handle or username assigned/chosen for Yuzuru's channel)

14 minutes ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

You can think of this YouTube handle thing as a unique username for a YouTube channel :happy: It's helpful for promotional purposes.

Before, if you wanted to share the website URL or link to Yuzuru's YouTube channel, you had to copy and paste this very long string of random letters and numbers, which isn't easy to remember:

https://youtube.com/channel/UChXVX37lFVqMfYWNsDvqhdQ

Now with YouTube's new handles feature, you can instead direct someone to the following URL or link and still be brought to Yuzuru's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@hanyuyuzuru2624

("hanyuyuzuru2624" being the current handle or username assigned/chosen for Yuzuru's channel)

Wow, thanks a lot! Now it's clear to me :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

As you say, it's easier to access like this.

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Figures for attendance at NHK 2019 and 2022 under spoiler for those who do not want to know

Hide contents

This tweet above was posted on 24 Nov 2019 after the exhibition gala listing attendance on each day, the 21st being practice day.

This next tweet shows 2022 NHK attendance (with the 2019 attendance QRT in the lower box)

Hide contents

I watched the NHK Trophy and noticed right away that there were quite a couple of empty seats. NHK still had great audience attendance in comparison to the other Grand Prix competitions this season, but it was clearly not as full as with Yuzu. In fact, with Yuzu, the organizers had to hold ticket lotteries, as far as I remember. I doubt they had to do it this time.

3 hours ago, SomewhereYuzu said:

This is YouTube's new handles feature: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/11585688?hl=en

YouTube creators will be automatically assigned a handle by YouTube if they didn't choose one by November 14. It can be changed, so if Yuzuru didn't purposely select the "2624" part then hopefully he changes it to something he prefers. However, both "hanyuyuzuru" and "yuzuruhanyu" are already taken by others as handles...:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

Personally, I received an e-mail from YouTube on October 19 announcing the upcoming handles feature, and a second e-mail on November 1 notifying me that I could choose a handle for my channel (I technically have a channel attached to my YouTube account from a long time ago but there's nothing there lol).

Perhaps Yuzu didn't even realize this new feature existed and YouTube just assigned him a random handle. After all, he was extremely busy the last couple of weeks. But he can still change it. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

There'll always be people who go to competitions but the demand for tickets has for sure changed. On Friday and today the number of spectators were quite low compared to previous years, yesterday there were more people but it wasn't fully sold out either.

When Yuzu competed it was always sold out, of course.

Yuzu could go for HanyuYuzuru111 :lol:

Or HanyuYuzuru1111 or YuzuPooh1111 or PoohsYuzu1111. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

21 hours ago, Perelandra said:

It would be amazing if the next piece of news about this is that Yuzu has taken the research further and has successfully defended it as his Doctoral Thesis and is now Dr Y. Hanyu PhD.

I think he definitely should, one day, that would be his yet another contribution to humanity, but also a great experience for himself, sometimes his intellect seems overflowing!

21 hours ago, oudon02 said:

Hi.
Sorry for the very long wait.
Thank you for all your input!
We will be uploading the video to this Google Drive from now on.

You can find them at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M7gtlto3MKzWopeBxZVUOTT18Ddayc2Q?usp=share_link

The videos that are in there now...
・Sochi Olympics 2014 FS
・PyeongChang 2018 SP
・PyeongChang 2018 exhibition 
・NHK Trophy 2019 SP
・NHK Trophy 2019 exhibition 
・Beijing Olympics 2022 SP

Sochi SP, FS and PyeongChang exhibition are from "Special Yuzuru HANYU's Tracks".
Other than that, I will upload the footage from the live broadcasts and other specials.
(All are 8K footage.)

Just a quick note.
You can download it, but please do not upload it anywhere.
(I was very saddened when I saw that someone had cut off a video I had uploaded before and uploaded it to Twitter.)
If we find you uploading, we will delete this folder immediately and you will not be able to upload videos in the future.

I have never met you, but I believe in you as a same fan of Yuzuru.
I hope you enjoy them😊.

Thank you so much, quality is amazing! I only have some of the recordings from NHK 4K from JapanTV online service but the picture seems scattered a but, not fluid. Your recordings are great, to be watched on a big screen. 

3 hours ago, Anni said:

I have not received an email.🤔

Me neither. But I saw some random numbers now attached to my acc name. So figured out that must have been applied to everyone including Yuzu. 

21 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I watched the NHK Trophy and noticed right away that there were quite a couple of empty seats. NHK still had great audience attendance in comparison to the other Grand Prix competitions this season, but it was clearly not as full as with Yuzu. In fact, with Yuzu, the organizers had to hold ticket lotteries, as far as I remember. I doubt they had to do it this time.

Perhaps Yuzu didn't even realize this new feature existed and YouTube just assigned him a random handle. After all, he was extremely busy the last couple of weeks. But he can still change it. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Or HanyuYuzuru1111 or YuzuPooh1111 or PoohsYuzu1111. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Spoiler

I checked ticket availability for Espoo and for GPF and for now it looks the audience is going to look quite empty, lots of seats still available, for GPF many sections have never been on sale in the first place, the sections just by rink opposite to the judges have only some seats already taken, these seats would be now all gone if Yuzu was participating, just to add tickets are less expensive than in 2019, so... 

21 hours ago, oudon02 said:

Hi.
Sorry for the very long wait.
Thank you for all your input!
We will be uploading the video to this Google Drive from now on.

You can find them at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M7gtlto3MKzWopeBxZVUOTT18Ddayc2Q?usp=share_link

The videos that are in there now...
・Sochi Olympics 2014 FS
・PyeongChang 2018 SP
・PyeongChang 2018 exhibition 
・NHK Trophy 2019 SP
・NHK Trophy 2019 exhibition 
・Beijing Olympics 2022 SP

Sochi SP, FS and PyeongChang exhibition are from "Special Yuzuru HANYU's Tracks".
Other than that, I will upload the footage from the live broadcasts and other specials.
(All are 8K footage.)

Just a quick note.
You can download it, but please do not upload it anywhere.
(I was very saddened when I saw that someone had cut off a video I had uploaded before and uploaded it to Twitter.)
If we find you uploading, we will delete this folder immediately and you will not be able to upload videos in the future.

I have never met you, but I believe in you as a same fan of Yuzuru.
I hope you enjoy them😊.

Wow! Thank you very much for the videos! That's so kind and generous of you! :thanks:

8K!!! That's amazing! I wish I actually had a screen that has a high enough resolution to enjoy these videos properly. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

38 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I think there's a possibility he'd go for HanyuYuzuru1112 .... onwards and upwards!

EDIT oh by the way my new YT handle is @user-ck6en9ko1x and my channel name is Pammi3011 so maybe he HAS chosen this one? Mine is so random I thought maybe his would be the same...but maybe its different for verified accounts? :shrug:

EDIT2: I easily changed my handle to @Pammi3011 :)

4 minutes ago, Sun_Rise7777 said:

I think he definitely should, one day, that would be his yet another contribution to humanity, but also a great experience for himself, sometimes his intellect seems overflowing!

Thank you so much, quality is amazing! I only have some of the recordings from NHK 4K from JapanTV online service but the picture seems scattered a but, not fluid. Your recordings are great, to be watched on a big screen. 

Me neither. But I saw some random numbers now attached to my acc name. So figured out that must have been applied to everyone including Yuzu. 

Hide contents

I checked ticket availability for Espoo and for GPF and for now it looks the audience is going to look quite empty, lots of seats still available, for GPF many sections have never been on sale in the first place, the sections just by rink opposite to the judges have only some seats already taken, these seats would be now all gone if Yuzu was participating, just to add tickets are less expensive than in 2019, so... 

Yuzu is so accomplished and his contributions both financially and in terms of effort and raising / maintaining awareness about the plight of people still affected by the Great Eastern Earthquake and its aftermath are truly inspirational. I actually checked what criteria there are for individuals/organisations to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  Yuzu could probably accomplish anything that he wishes to apply himself to achieving. It would just be a joy to see Yuzu covered in more glorious accolades.

It is a contentious issue in academic circles and very much location dependent as to what the general view is about which Dr's are the most respected, (PhD / D Phil beats MB BS/ MD). The salt thread is no more, but you probably understand this not very subtle message.

On the European side of the Atlantic the Doctor of Philosophy would be deemed as having greater academic excellence, same is most likely true in other countries.

It is a dull discussion, which is far too labourious for the Yuzu thread but suffice to say that the D Phil has been around since the first Universities were founded in Medieval times, MB BS came later, ( MD in the US even later ) Calling medical doctors Dr is a courtesy professional title, not an academically conferred title.

Sorry fellow medical docs

Trailer for Prologue Hachinohe - Livestream Dec 5th

Really like the camera angle which swoops over the ice as if rushing towards Yuzu.

Hope this bodes well that there may be extra footage which can be compiled into a special programme for a later date or Bluray/ DVD. Yes Axel store these are marketing ideas for your loyal supporters, especially those who wished that Prologue would be a wonderful success, yet knew that they could not attend due to living outside of Japan

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].
6 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Yuzu is so accomplished and his contributions both financially and in terms of effort and raising / maintaining awareness about the plight of people still affected by the Great Eastern Earthquake and its aftermath are truly inspirational. I actually checked what criteria there are for individuals/organisations to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.  Yuzu could probably accomplish anything that he wishes to apply himself to achieving. It would just be a joy to see Yuzu covered in more glorious accolades.

It is a contentious issue in academic circles and very much location dependent as to what the general view is about which Dr's are the most respected, (PhD / D Phil beats MB BS/ MD). The salt thread is no more, but you probably understand this not very subtle message.

On the European side of the Atlantic the Doctor of Philosophy would be deemed as having greater academic excellence, same is most likely true in other countries.

It is a dull discussion, which is far too labourious for the Yuzu thread but suffice to say that the D Phil has been around since the first Universities were founded in Medieval times, MB BS came later, ( MD in the US even later ) Calling medical doctors Dr is a courtesy professional title, not an academically conferred title.

Sorry fellow medical docs

PhD is by far the more academically rigorous degree on this side of the Atlantic as well (and this is coming from a fellow medical doc). I'm not entirely sure how the Japanese system works, but I suspect that's true worldwide.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Yuzu wanted to attain his PhD, he absolutely could. He's both very intelligent and capable of laser-focused intensity towards whatever he chooses to excel in. That's a recipe for success.