General Yuzuru Chat

Hi everyone! I write here too, because it's a tricky issue: Please do NOT change Yuzu's current profile picture in the infobox of his Wiki bios page without previous discussion. Wikipedia has very strict rules for images (profile pictures especially) that must be followed. This includes:

1. It must be an image from the Wiki Commons archives. Our archive for Yuzu basically ends with 2020 due to the strict photography restrictions at events in Japan. Our team also had no opportunity to attend Worlds in Stockholm or the Olympics in Beijing, so no photos from there either.
  2. According to the Wiki manual of style, people in images should generally face the surrounding text, not look away from it (in our case facing to the left).
  3. Profile pictures should show the person's profile. This means, the focus must be on the face and upper body, no full-body images. The image should have decent resolution, the face should be properly lit and the profile picture should be as recent as possible. This includes that the image should capture the person with his or her current looks and characteristics.

We searched our full Commons archive for suitable pictures from this Olympic cycle, and came to the conclusion that among all options this one is the closest to what we need. Yuzu in "Haru yo, koi" could have literally been taken at Prologue or the Beijing Olympics gala, so it's the most recent one in that sense.

I am aware that the picture is not ideal, but that's how it is. But I have good news: I might be able to get a proper profile image of Yuzu in TenChi costume if the licensing procedure is successful (fingers crossed).

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone! I write here too, because it's a tricky issue: Please do NOT change Yuzu's current profile picture in the infobox of his Wiki bios page without previous discussion. Wikipedia has very strict rules for images (profile pictures especially) that must be followed. This includes:

1. It must be an image from the Wiki Commons archives. Our archive for Yuzu basically ends with 2020 due to the strict photography restrictions at events in Japan. Our team also had no opportunity to attend Worlds in Stockholm or the Olympics in Beijing, so no photos from there either.
  2. According to the Wiki manual of style, people in images should generally face the surrounding text, not look away from it (in our case facing to the left).
  3. Profile pictures should show the person's profile. This means, the focus must be on the face and upper body, no full-body images. The image should have decent resolution, the face should be properly lit and the profile picture should be as recent as possible. This includes that the image should capture the person with his or her current looks and characteristics.

We searched our full Commons archive for suitable pictures from this Olympic cycle, and came to the conclusion that among all options this one is the closest to what we need. Yuzu in "Haru yo, koi" could have literally been taken at Prologue or the Beijing Olympics gala, so it's the most recent one in that sense.

I am aware that the picture is not ideal, but that's how it is. But I have good news: I might be able to get a proper profile image of Yuzu in TenChi costume if the licensing procedure is successful (fingers crossed).

Thank you @Henni147 for all the hard work! I enjoy reading Yuzu's wiki bios page. It was very informative & helped me gain knowledge about Yuzu & his past achievements since post Beijing Olys. And please rest well, don't overwork. :heartpound:

42 minutes ago, Pammi said:

She says such beautiful things, things that I feel but struggle to put into words. :heart:

But aside from the beautiful things she says....I just love this bit that I have quoted :LOL:  She wants the full experience, even fainting lol!!

Thank you for posting/translation!

@SuzyQ @Pammi Let's all faint together with all the other satellites while watching Yuzu live during his ice show one day! :dpooh: It would be a dream waiting to be materialised (soon before we know it). :star-plucker-smiley:

18 hours ago, Madita said:

This video of KOI Dance is a little bit longer and with the original music. Every time I am watching it I am stunned by his body feeling and amazed at how much better he is than the other three . . . . .

Thank you for the vid :flowers:  

13 hours ago, Anni said:

. . . . .  the pages of Opera can also be translated completely. I have added the extension "Google translator".  . . . . .

I hope I could help you a little bit.

Thank you for the tip - why didn't I think of extensions?  :doh:  You helped a lot  :flowers:

27 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:
(Yuzu's costumes as chess firgures and chess boards ...)

This is such a cool thread. Just when I thought there was nothing Yuzu's costumes hasn't been compared to... 

And no, I did not stare at the first photo for 10 full minutes. His arms... :10636614:

Wow, this is beautiful !!!  :loveeyes:   And I don't mean only the Yuzu photos  <3

1 hour ago, Anni said:

I also post this here again: 

[NEWS]

I have so many mags with so many photos of Yuzuru I really do not need any more you know.

I ordered both sets :LOL: