General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

My Google Chrome has auto translation. 

34 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I also use Google Chrome.

Thank you for the info  :thanks:

3 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

This Yahoo News has the same article (2 pages). I hope you can use this for automatic translation.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/af60b224e33fef17f9fffd04d8616ad44ae8c756?page=1

EDIT: Oh, it seems you have solved it :8232307:

I have not (yet) solved it, so I was very glad to see your post ... but then I found that I can't access Yahoo Japan !!! 

Quote from the linked site: "Please be informed that from Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN’s services are no longer available to our users in the EEA (European Economic Area) and the United Kingdom."   :weeping:

But thank you anyway, your help was kindly meant  :flowers:

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

For @Beatrice's info, are you referring to the 'right-click'  bring up menu "translate to English" function?

Nope, the right click menu doesn't work on that page, automatic translation needs to be turned on in the settings menu in the browser if it has it, but the browser Beatrice is using doesn't seem to have that option. I've been using Chrome for years, so I don't know the options of other browsers.

Just now, Yuzurella said:

Image   Image  

Image   Image

Jeez! This thread is so funny! :roll:

We all know how cryptic Yuzu can get and how he sometimes talks in riddles that we have to decipher. Some fans then imagined what it would be like if he would talk like this in real life. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Are we sure he is not like this in real life?? I feel sorry for his family lol

That thread is pure gold :10814716:

20 hours ago, Anabel said:

Nope, the right click menu doesn't work on that page, automatic translation needs to be turned on in the settings menu in the browser if it has it, but the browser Beatrice is using doesn't seem to have that option. I've been using Chrome for years, so I don't know the options of other browsers.

Thanks! I just turned on automatic translation in settings on my Google Chrome.

7 hours ago, Anabel said:

Currently I am using Opera and it does not have that option in the settings. For many years I've been using Firefox bc I tend to have many tabs open (and I mean REALLY many tabs, with all kind of info which I intend to copy sometime later but often don't get round to it), but that didn't get along with the really many tabs of YouTube Yuzu videos I wanted to keep open for repeated watching. That's why I switched to Opera.

Does Google Chrome 'allow' a big amount of open tabs (YT videos too) without crashing? 

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:
. . . . .   Jeez! This thread is so funny! :roll:

We all know how cryptic Yuzu can get and how he sometimes talks in riddles that we have to decipher. Some fans then imagined what it would be like if he would talk like this in real life. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

OMG, this is really *roflol*  :rofl3:

I feel just a tiny bit 'guilty' for making fun of Yuzu, even though it is just laughing about imagined situations  :redface:

.... but this is too witty and comical, I can't help myself  :lol:  I hope Yuzu will forgive me if he ever sees this  :giggle:

7 hours ago, Anabel said:

A portion of laughter from Yuzu to start the week off right.  . . . . .

This video is soooo sweet  <3  Thank you for posting  :flowers:

12 時間前, Beatriceさんが言いました:

Thank you for the info  :thanks:

I have not (yet) solved it, so I was very glad to see your post ... but then I found that I can't access Yahoo Japan !!! 

Quote from the linked site: "Please be informed that from Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN’s services are no longer available to our users in the EEA (European Economic Area) and the United Kingdom."   :weeping:

But thank you anyway, your help was kindly meant  :flowers:

That's a pity. OK, then the last resort.

I copied all the text hereunder.

Spoiler

「呼吸一つでさえも、芸術」多くの人を救う、羽生結弦の演技の魅力とは?

<「生の演技を一度見たら最後、以前の自分には戻れない」。本来の曲の世界観以上のものを作り出してしまう、世界最高峰の氷上の表現者・羽生結弦の魅力について、今注目の若手論客ヒオカ氏が語る>

静まり返った空間に、弧線や円、螺旋が描かれる。その線はよどみなく、力強く、繊細だ。無機質な世界が、どんどん染め上げられていく。彼のステップを踏む足が着地するその場所から、彼が手を差し出すその先から、見たことのない世界が広がっていく。

彼に合わせて世界が鼓動する。彼は人であるけれど人を超えた存在。それが、羽生結弦である。

音楽に合わせて踊ることに長けた人は、世の中にきっと多くいる。しかし、羽生結弦という人は、音楽に合わせるというより、もはや彼自身が、音楽そのものなのではないかと思うほど、緻密に、完璧に音楽を表現する。

指先までのすべての神経を使って、彼は表現する。呼吸一つでさえも、芸術である。次々と繰り出される彼の表現は、いつもこの世の常識を鮮やかに塗り替えていく。彼の演技を見るたび、「あぁ、この世界に、こんなにも素晴らしいものがあったんだ」と思うのだ。

彼は「憑依型」だと思う。曲ごとに、まるで人格まで変わったのではないかと思うほど、別人になるのだ。纏うオーラやたたずまいまでもががらりと変わる。

含みのある笑みも、カッと目を見開き前を見据えたときの迫力も、アンニュイで憂いをおびた儚い表情も、子どものような透き通った純心さも、流し目で振り向いた時のはっとするような色香やぞっとするほどの艶やかで凄みのある佇まいも、全てが心をつかんで離さず、虜になってしまう。リンクに立てば圧倒的な王者の風格を漂わせているのに、リンクの外ではあどけなく、けらけらとよく笑い、他の選手とよくじゃれあう。そして腰が低く徹底的に礼儀正しい。

そんな姿を見るたび、あぁ、羽生結弦も人間なのだ、と思う。そんな人間味あふれる姿も、また多くの人も心をつかんでやまないのだと思う。

曲がかかれば、その曲の世界観に完全に入り込む。そしてその本来の曲の世界観以上のものを、彼は作り出してしまう。

「春よ来い」というプログラムがある。何度か披露されているが、印象的だったのは北京五輪でのエキシビジョンだった。優勝すれば94年ぶりの3連覇という、前代未聞の重圧を背負いながら、怪我の痛みとたたかった。

彼が納得の行く演技ができるのが一番だ。

そう多くのファンは思ったことだろう。でも、実際はあらゆる困難が襲った。リンクの穴にハマるハプニングもあった。そして4位という結果だった。

もしかしたら最後の五輪かもしれない。誰よりも完璧を追求する彼は、今回の五輪をどう捉えているのだろう。それはだれにも分からない。しかし、怪我の痛みもあるだろうし、きっと様々な考えが溢れ出し駆け巡っていることだろう。そんな中、滑ってくれるだけで十分、いやそれ以上だ。そう思っていた。そわそわした気持ちで、エキシビジョンの演技をテレビの前で待っていた。

しかし、彼がポジションについて音楽がかかった瞬間、息を飲んだ。そこにいたのは間違いなく、いつもの「羽生結弦」だった。空気を操り、空間に命を吹き込む。そんな羽生結弦という人間だ。

繊細なピアノの音にあわせ、見上げた顔は穏やかだった。まるでつぼみが開き、薄く透き通った花が揺れるように、たおやかに舞う。

春って羽生くんが連れてきてたんだ。

そんなことを思った。冬の寂寥感に、春の始まりの淡い彩りと瑞々しい香りが染み込んでいくように。春の何とも言えない切なさや色んなものが始まるソワソワしたあの感じ。あたたかい季節が始まる胸の高鳴り。大地や草花の芽吹きや華やぎ。

そんな、「冬と春の間」の複雑な空気感を、完璧に表現してる。絶妙、いや超絶な緩急のつけかたに、目を奪われる。どこまでも優しく優しく、しなやかに。腕や手先を繊細に使い、風のように、そして風で揺れる一輪の花のように、軽やかに舞う。

ここぞという時、ためたあと音楽はしっかりと、つよく、地を踏みしめ、根を張るように、突き上げるように鳴り響く。それに合わせ、彼もまるで何かから解放されたように、躍動する。音楽と共に、澄み渡った空気、穏やかな風がなだれこんでくる。

そして私の心も揺さぶられる。胸の奥が熱くなり、なにかがとめどなく溢れ出す。気が付けば目には大粒の涙がたまっていた。(この原稿を書きながらも、演技を見返して何度も泣いている)

私はこんなに美しい音楽を知らない。私はこんなにも繊細で複雑な表現を知らない。

どこかノスタルジックで、感傷的で切ない感情が胸をかすめる。胸がきゅーっとなって苦しい。しかし、その切なさのあとに、霧が晴れたように、心が澄み渡り、やわらかい光が差し込んでくる。心にしみ込んでくる、心をふっと優しく包んでくれる、そんな何かに触れた気がした。

彼の演技を見るたび、こんな世の中でも、こんなに素晴らしいものがあるのなら、生きていてよかった、とさえ思えてくる。

彼の演技は多くの人を救う

間違いなく、彼の演技は多くの人を救っている。

プロに転向した今、彼はますます自由に表現を追求し、多くの人を魅了しているように見える。一般的にアマチュア時代が現役と言われ、その期間がピークと言われる。

でも、そんな常識は、彼はぶち壊す。いや、軽やかにすり抜けて、彼は彼の世界の常識で生きている、というほうがしっくりくる。彼はどんな枠にも既存の概念にも当てはまらない存在。羽生結弦は、羽生結弦であり、それ以外のなにものでもないのだから。

後日談

この原稿を書いている時、羽生くんのプロ転向後初のアイスショー「プロローグ」の先行抽選結果が来た。

結果は、"もちろん"、全落ち‼

だってプロ転向後初のアイスショーですよ? 一人で最初から最後まで演技するんですよ?そりゃあみんなみたいよね‼‼‼‼ 当選する望みは限りなく薄いであろう。そんなことはわかっていたし、必死に心の準備もした。でも、仕事中に落選メールがきて、しばらく放心状態。仕事が手につかず、上司にもドン引かれるくらいの気の落ちようだった。

実は私、生で羽生くんを見たことがない。映像でもこんなに泣いて、圧倒されるのだから、生で見たら、本当に倒れてしまうかもしれない。

いや、もういっそう、倒れたい。

生で羽生君の演技を見たら、自分がどうなってしまうのか、楽しみでもある。ファンの方の話を聞くと、一度見たら最後、それまでの自分には戻れないのだという。

いい、戻れなくていい。変わり果ててしまいたい。いつか! いつか演技を生で見たい。この目に焼き付けたい。

あまりに生で演技を見たいと思い続けていたら、念じたかいがあってか先日夢に羽生君が出てきた。夢の中で羽生くんは発光していた。そこで完全に心奪われてしまった。

夢にまで見る羽生くん。遠くない未来に、その演技を生で焼き付けられますように。そう願いながら、今日も先日開設された羽生君の公式YouTubeチャンネルをみている。

ヒオカ(ライター) 

Here is the translation through DeepL for now.  I'll check it later and re-post.

Spoiler

Even a single breath is an art." What is the charm of Yuzuru Hanyu's performance that saves many people?

<Yuzuru Hanyu is the world's greatest expressive artist on the ice, who creates more than the original world view of a song. Mr. Hioka, a young and hot topic of discussion, talks about the fascination of Yuzuru Hanyu, the world's greatest expressive artist on the ice, who creates something more than the world view of his original music.

Arcs, circles, and spirals are drawn in a quiet space. The lines are smooth, powerful, and delicate. The inorganic world is becoming more and more dyed. From the place where his stepping foot lands, from where he holds out his hand, a world never seen before spreads out.

The world beats in time with him. He is a person, but he is more than a person. That is Yuzuru Hanyu.

There are many people in the world who are skilled at dancing to music. Yuzuru Hanyu, however, expresses music so precisely and perfectly that it is almost as if he himself is the music itself. He expresses himself with every nerve, down to the tips of his fingers. Even his breathing is an art form. His expressions, one after another, always vividly rewrite the common sense of the world. Whenever I see him perform, I think to myself, "Oh, what a wonderful thing there is in this world! I think he is a "possession type. With each song, he becomes a different person, so much so that it seems as if his personality has even changed. Even his aura and demeanor changed drastically. Whether it is the implied smile, the intensity with which he looks forward with wide-open eyes, the ennui and melancholy fragility of his expression, the childlike innocence, the flutter of his eyes when he turns his head with a wistful glance, or the horrifyingly glamorous and terrific appearance, everything grabs your heart and keeps you captivated. The "king" of the ring, if you stand on the rink, you will be overwhelmed. On the rink, she has the air of an overwhelming champion, but off the rink, she is innocent, laughing and joking with other skaters. He is also very low and thoroughly polite.

Whenever I see Yuzuru Hanyu like that, I feel that he is also a human being. It is this humanistic appearance that also grabs the hearts of many people. When a song is played, he is completely absorbed in the world of the song. And he creates something more than the original worldview of the song. There is a program called "Haru Yo Koi" (Come Spring). It has been performed several times, but the most impressive performance was the exhibition at the Beijing Olympics. If he wins, he will be the first three-time winner in 94 years, an unprecedented burden on his shoulders as he battled with the pain of injury. It would be best if he could give a convincing performance. Many fans must have thought so. But in reality, all kinds of difficulties hit him. There was even an incident where he fell into a hole in the rink. And he finished in 4th place.

It may be his last Olympics. How does he, who pursues perfection more than anyone else, view the Olympics? No one knows. But he must be in a lot of pain from his injury, and he must be running around with a lot of thoughts. In such a situation, it was enough, or even more than enough, that he was able to skate. That's what I thought. Fidgeting, I waited in front of the TV for the exhibition performance. But the moment he took his position and the music started, I gulped. There was no doubt that Yuzuru Hanyu was there, the usual Yuzuru Hanyu. He manipulates the air and breathes life into the space. Such is the character of Yuzuru Hanyu. Her face was serene as she looked up to the delicate sound of the piano. It was as if a bud had opened and was dancing gently, like a thin, clear flower swaying. Spring was brought to me by Hanyu. I thought to myself. The loneliness of winter is filled with the light colors and fresh fragrance of the beginning of spring. The indescribable sadness of spring and that soar feeling of various things beginning. The heart throbs as the warm season begins. The budding and blooming of the earth and flowers. The complex atmosphere between winter and spring is perfectly expressed. The exquisite, or rather superb, slow and steady movement of the music is stunning. The way she is so gentle, tender, and supple. She uses her arms and fingers delicately and dances lightly like the wind and like a flower swaying in the wind.

When the moment is right, the music rings out firmly and firmly, as if stepping firmly on the ground, rooting, and pushing up. In time, the music rings out as if he is being released from something, and he is also moving. Along with the music, the clear air and gentle winds drifted in. And my heart was shaken. My heart was shaken, my chest was heated, and something was flowing out of me unceasingly. Before I knew it, my eyes were filled with tears. (Even as I write this manuscript, I am crying over and over again as I rewatch the performance.) I have never known such beautiful music. I have never known such delicate and complex expression. Somehow nostalgic, sentimental, and sad feelings haze my chest. My heart is aching and painful. But after the sadness, as if a fog has lifted, my heart clears and a soft light shines through. I felt like I was touched by something that seeped into my heart and wrapped my mind softly and tenderly. Every time I see his performance, I even feel glad to be alive if there is such a wonderful thing in this world.

His performance saves a lot of people.

Without a doubt, his acting has saved many people. Now that he has turned professional, he seems to be pursuing his expression more and more freely and attracting many people. Generally speaking, he is said to be active during his amateur days, and that period is said to be his peak. But he smashes such common sense. No, it is more apt to say that he slips lightly through the cracks and lives by the norms of his world. He is an existence that does not fit into any frame or existing concept. Yuzuru Hanyu is Yuzuru Hanyu, and nothing else.

Later Story

As I was writing this article, I received the result of the lottery for Hanyu's first ice show as a professional, "Prologue". The result was, "of course," he failed the lottery. I'm going to perform from the beginning to the end by myself, right? I knew that everyone would want to see it. ‼‼‼‼ There was no way that I could win. I knew that, and I prepared myself desperately. But when I received an e-mail while I was at work that I had not been selected, I let loose for a while. I couldn't get any work done, and I was so depressed that even my bosses were not pleased with me. Actually, I have never seen Hanyu live. Since I cry so much and am overwhelmed even in the video, if I saw him live, I might really collapse. No, I want to collapse even more. I am also looking forward to seeing how I will be when I see Hanyu's performance live. According to his fans, once you see him, you can never go back to the way you were before.

No, I don't want to go back. I want to be changed. Someday! Someday I want to see you perform live. I want to burn it into my eyes. I've been thinking about it so much that I saw Hanyu in my dream the other day. In my dream, Hanyu was luminous. I was completely captivated there. Hanyu in my dreams. I hope that in the not-too-distant future, I will be able to see his performance live and burn it into my memory. With this wish, I am watching Hanyu's official YouTube channel, which was opened the other day.

Hioka (Writer)

1 hour ago, Beatrice said:

Currently I am using Opera and it does not have that option in the settings. For many years I've been using Firefox bc I tend to have many tabs open (and I mean REALLY many tabs, with all kind of info which I intend to copy sometime later but often don't get round to it), but that didn't get along with the really many tabs of YouTube Yuzu videos I wanted to keep open for repeated watching. That's why I switched to Opera.

Does Google Chrome 'allow' a big amount of open tabs (YT videos too) without crashing? 

How many are "REALLY many tabs"? I currently have 26 tabs open on Google Chrome and half of them are YouTube channels. I often have more tabs open. 

6 hours ago, Beatrice said:

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

How many are "REALLY many tabs"? I currently have 26 tabs open on Google Chrome and half of them are YouTube channels. I often have more tabs open. 

I was wondering the same, how many is "REALLY many tabs"? lol I also usually have quite a few open ones, but something tells me that @Beatrice must far exceed them hahahaha
@Beatrice try using Chrome, what's the worst that can happen? If you crash it, you will simply have to return to Opera and you can have Chrome as a secondary for certain things, such as web that cannot be translated with the right button.

Another thing I like about Chrome is that you can make the pages you specify automatically open when you open the browser (I don't know if other browsers have that feature).

Since when is this a thread about browsers?? LOL

To compensate, I want to share with you one of the YT channels that I follow https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRBnD3fwlOkUcUxs9pyth9g It has many lovely mini videos of Yuzu under the series "What is love? Love is Hanyu Yuzuru" :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

The last one uploaded