General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Could be. Or when you represent a clothing brand, you are required to wear that brand. (Mai Mihara is sponsored by UA, this is the IG post https://www.instagram.com/p/CT3uXJhpTJ1/) Yuzu has only UA shirts. His pants, jackets, sneakers and backpacks are all from different brands. Maybe Yuzu likes to have an autonomy regarding his clothing. We will never know the right answer.

Do we know the brands of his pants, jackets, sneakers and backpacks? 

14 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

Another thought — maybe Yuzu only accepts sponsorship from Japanese companies?

13 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Could be. Or when you represent a clothing brand, you are required to wear that brand. (Mai Mihara is sponsored by UA, this is the IG post https://www.instagram.com/p/CT3uXJhpTJ1/) Yuzu has only UA shirts. His pants, jackets, sneakers and backpacks are all from different brands. Maybe Yuzu likes to have an autonomy regarding his clothing. We will never know the right answer.

You are missing the point of my post. I was responding to the post by @SaluYuzu which was "Curious to know why there hasn't been any big sponsorship by UA. The image of Yuzu practicing in his UA black is iconic..."

We know that he doesn't get sponsorship by UA or Disney, but I'm sure that he sells a lot of Under Armour just because Fanyus buy whatever he wears or uses. He chooses to wear Under Armour because he likes it. Fanyus have bought thousands of Winnie the Poohs – both to gift to Yuzu and as souvenirs for themselves. Disney even has the nerve to call the model of Winnie the Pooh that Yuzu has been carrying since he left Old Man Pooh in Toronto "Yuzu Pooh" and gets away with it because it is holding a Yuzu fruit.

We do not know the reason why Yuzu is not sponsored by Under Armour or Disney, but both these companies are making a lot of money by the fact that their products are being worn, used or gratuitously endorsed by Yuzu. If someone as popular as Yuzu is voluntarily wearing your product or otherwise identified with your product, why go to the expense of sponsoring that person when you are already reaping the benefits anyway? There is no better endorsement for a product than an athlete, celebrity, star, idol or other famous person using or otherwise gratuitously endorsing a product because they genuinely like it and not because they are being paid to pretend that they are using it.

1 hour ago, Beatrice said:

What does the article say? The website won't let me copy the text, so I cannot use a translator  :scratch2:

Please accept this summary, it will not convey the beauty of the author's lyrical descriptions about Yuzu's skating.

The author is inspired by the beautiful movements seen during Yuzu's skating performances. There are some poignant passages about how dream like and magical the atmosphere becomes when Yuzu stands on the ice for the opening pose. The author describes how Yuzu embodies the essence of story telling through his movements, flowing across the ice and the music is part of Yuzu not the other way around, not Yuzu expressing music but being the source.

The author goes on to quote the sentiments of many fans that they have seen Yuzu perform live, their world changes, as if their eyes are opened to see more of the world.

(That is the essence of art, it is conveying the creators feeling to the viewer, listener, reader it encourage an augmented interaction with the world.- My interpretation)

The spectators describe a sense that the world is somehow 'more' after having seen Yuzu skate live.

Sorry if this is a very clumsy summary the author of the article is much more poetic and a better writer than I

Hope this helps until you can access a translation

2 hours ago, Beatrice said:

What does the article say? The website won't let me copy the text, so I cannot use a translator  :scratch2:

I've tried to copy Google's automatic translation here because it's really beautiful how Yuzu's skating is described in the article, but just like you it won't let me copy the text. However, the browser's automatic translation does work for me. Have you tried that?

I'm too tired to do it now, but you can insert each video URL on this site and download

https://twittervideodownloader.com/

20 minutes ago, MareikeLike said:

https://twitter.com/NoLife_NoYuzuzu/status/1591765520092913665?t=_aXNCvaLz7t5-cu9RnO6_A&s=19 this incredible thread of clips from the NHK special in AMAZING quality showed up and I'm pretty sure this will get copyright claimed shortly. How do we download this and upload it with a link on PlanetHanyu so we do not lose it? 🙏🙏