General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Olympics still clutching on to his coat tails in hope of staying associated with their most popular winter sports personality 

https://olympics.com/en/news/figure-skating-japan-hanyu-yuzuru-prologue-opening-show

I don't understand why the Olympics writer repeatedly mentions Yuzu retired after missing the podium in BJ. They said the same thing in the previous article. Can't they use more respectful language?! 

7 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Prologue attendees have received a mystery item

Shining light rings to wear

The spectators have been given these, the stands will be filled with these little lights. This is lovely, like the memory of stars after the Great Eastern earthquake and the lights from people's eyes during a gala performance

Oh my God! That's so exciting! Coldplay uses these, and K-pop does something similar with light sticks....thhese are a way to make the audience part of the show by using them for lighting effects...

WOW WOW WOW WOW 

Holy cow, Yuzu! 

He's really gone all out!

I've read Yuzu's interview, and I came on here to say thank you- thank you yuzu for all that you do and for all that you are. I never cared about that jump, it was only because of yuzu that I did. I hope he no longer feels obligated to do it because of other's expectations. Seeing him happy and skating to his heart's content is what made me a fan. Not the jumps, but HIS skating. The jumps were just the cherry on top of it all. On that note, I'm super excited to see his show tomorrow. Hope we can all come together and continue to cheer him on during this new journey of his! :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Cut Oly-chan some slack...whoever runs their social media accounts is clearly a fanyu too.

That may be so - but the finance department knows who fills the arenas and the broadcasters know who gets everyone to tune in - they must really regret the attitude of ISU

31 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

That may be so - but the finance department knows who fills the arenas and the broadcasters know who gets everyone to tune in - they must really regret the attitude of ISU

And themselves for not ensuring that an Olympics sport did not have strict adherence to their own judging rules. The IOC as one the world's most well known sporting bodies must surely have some influence over the judging and scoring of the sports which are part of the Olympic Games. The judges representatives even take part in the Olympic oath to judge the sports and athletes fairly and uphold and respect the rules, or words to that effect.

7 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

In a single stroke, he has rendered the I*U, J*F, all other feds, every other ice show, and even, to some extent, the Olys totally irrelevant. Not bad for a day's work. 

Absolutely! What a king! :ganba:

As I already said in the Prologue thread, this is the end of the era of figure skating and the beginning of the era of Yuzuru Hanyu skating.

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

And themselves for not ensuring that an Olympics sport did not have strict adherence to their own judging rules. The IOC as one the world's most well known sporting bodies must surely have some influence over the judging and scoring of the sports which are part of the Olympic Games. The judges representatives even take part in the Olympic oath to judge the sports and athletes fairly and uphold and respect the rules, or words to that effect.

I agree! That's why I was still a little bit hopeful that the Beijing Olympics would see fairer scoring and judging than the ISU competitions before. I was super disappointed and angry to see that the scoring scam became even worse during the Olympic competition with certain pets getting even more overscored than ever. :smiley-angry020:

But fortunately, these dark times are over. Now a new shining era of light and happiness has begun, filled with an abundance of love and beauty. :dancingpooh: