General Yuzuru Chat

I hope official statistics is published with regards to the demand for tickets but it looks like there may < 10% of people who got the tickets as compared to all those participating in the lottery. 

It's clear if international fans will ever get the chance to participate, too, chances to get a ticket will be minimal :YuzuPoohSad:

But of course, first of all I'm supper happy for Yuzu, I'm sure Prologue will be a spectacular success, I have absolutely no doubts about it. 

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give another update: the last treatment was a success, I will be able to properly see again. I am truly relieved and hope that it will stay like this now, at least for a while. There is always the risk of worsening, but I will do my best to take care and put as little burden on my eyes as possible.

I also finished the recording of a spoken version of Yuzu's Olympic seasons article: En-Yuzuru Hanyu Olympic seasons-article.ogg

Before we add it to the article, the recording will undergo a review, which is good because English is only my third language. This is the first time that my voice can be heard online (I'm a little nervous), but I hope it's decent ^^

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give another update: the last treatment was a success, I will be able to properly see again. I am truly relieved and hope that it will stay like this now, at least for a while. There is always the risk of worsening, but I will do my best to take care and put as little burden on my eyes as possible.

Really good to hear. It must have been so scary. Keep my thumbs pressed, no worsening is allowed💪🙏.

I also finished the recording of a spoken version of Yuzu's Olympic seasons article: En-Yuzuru Hanyu Olympic seasons-article.ogg

Before we add it to the article, the recording will undergo a review, which is good because English is only my third language. This is the first time that my voice can be heard online (I'm a little nervous), but I hope it's decent ^^

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

Wow, you recorded over an hour, respect😲.

Gave it a quick listening and I think your voice sounds nice😊.

Hi everyone!

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

Dear Henni

Truly, such a relief to hear that your surgery has had an excellent outcome. 

Thank you for letting us know. Overjoyed for you to hear your good news.

I cannot imagine how awful and frightening it must have been for you, having to face the potential prospect of losing your sight. I know how scared I would have been in that situation and had been thinking about you and for the surgery to go well. 

Wishing you good vision for the rest of your life. 

Rest well and heed the doctors advice. You were in good hands and things have turned out well

Lots of love

Pxx

Thank you very much for the kind wishes.

Spoiler

Yes, it was indeed difficult, and it happened very rapidly from one day to the next, shortly after Yuzu's SharePractice stream. I spent the first few weeks with adapting to the new situation, but the process was slow and dreary. I was not exactly blind, but my view was very blurry to an extent that not even glasses or contact lenses could help anymore. When my mom told me about Yuzu's clean Rondo at the 24H show, I was delighted at first, but the next moment very frustrated that I couldn't properly see it.

At that time, I encapsulated myself from most things. It was thanks to my family and friends that I didn't let myself go and fought my way back to life outside my home, including social media. They helped me with walking and orientation, and revamped our apartment a bit, so that it's safe and easy to access all things that I needed in daily life. My friend also helped me with braille, basic navigation on the computer, and the use of screenreader tools.

The last push was Wikipedia, when I found out that Yuzu's Olympic seasons page got nominated for featured class. It felt like all the hard work of the last years had finally come to fruition, and it encouraged me to return to social media.

I also cannot stress enough how great Wiki's accessibility is. I was deeply impressed by it the last years already, but now even more that I needed it myself. Their efforts regarding easy navigation and reading are exemplary on the internet that other websites can (and should) learn from. Of course, there is still a lot to be done there, too, but it's a good start.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to record a spoken version of Yuzu's article is to contribute to Wiki's accessibility, so that people who experience a similar situation like me, have a chance to learn about Yuzu and his competitive career, too. But of course, it is also an alternative for people who prefer listening to reading. It can be very exhausting (and damaging for the eyes) to read such long articles on the screen.

Thank you very much for the good wishes.

Yes, it was indeed difficult, and it happened very quickly overnight, shortly after Yuzu's SharePractice stream. I spent the first few weeks adjusting to the new situation, but the process was slow and dreary. I wasn't exactly blind, but my sight was so blurry that even glasses or contact lenses couldn't help me anymore. When my mother told me about Yuzu's Clean Rondo at 24H, I was thrilled at first, but the next moment very frustrated that I couldn't see it properly.

A cette époque, je me suis encapsulé de la plupart des choses. C'est grâce à ma famille et à mes amis que je ne me suis pas laissé aller et que je me suis battu pour revenir à la vie en dehors de chez moi, y compris sur les réseaux sociaux. Ils m'ont aidé à marcher et à m'orienter, et ont un peu réaménagé notre appartement, afin qu'il soit sûr et facile d'accéder à tout ce dont j'avais besoin dans la vie quotidienne. Mon ami m'a également aidé avec le braille, la navigation de base sur l'ordinateur et l'utilisation des outils de lecture d'écran.

The latest push was Wikipedia, when I found that Yuzu's Olympic Seasons page had been nominated for Featured Class. I felt like all the hard work over the past few years had finally paid off and that encouraged me to get back on social media.

I can't stress enough how accessible Wiki is. I was deeply impressed with it the last few years already, but now all the more so because I needed it myself. Their efforts to facilitate browsing and reading are exemplary on the Internet and other websites can (and should) learn from them. Of course, there's still a lot to do there, but it's a good start.

One of the main reasons I wanted to record a spoken version of Yuzu's article is to contribute to the accessibility of Wiki, so that people who are going through a similar situation like me, also have the chance to learn more about Yuzu and her competitive career. But of course it is also an alternative for people who prefer to listen rather than read. It can be very exhausting (and damaging to the eyes) to read such lengthy articles on screen.

Hello HENNI, I have just read your text and I know it only too well that the eyes are VERY important, because a close member of my family has lost the sight of one eye and the surgery will be of no use to him (he even went to Paris at 15 20 which specializes in EVERYTHING eyes) but

his optic nerve is dead .....  :(and the only one he has left is HYPER protected and I can put myself in your shoes and the fear you had (and it's actually the 2 for you) and I saw that the surgery worked well  :heartpound: and your strength was to fight BRAVO and take care of yourself 

WIKI is very easy in accessibility and again  :thanks: for your immense work and I listened to the beginning of your link in words and you have an excellent accent (well it will take me more time than all of you to understand it well) and I appreciate the fact that you chose this approach to listening instead of writing 

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for the kind wishes.

Yes, it was indeed difficult, and it happened very rapidly from one day to the next, shortly after Yuzu's SharePractice stream. I spent the first few weeks with adapting to the new situation, but the process was slow and dreary. I was not exactly blind, but my view was very blurry to an extent that not even glasses or contact lenses could help anymore. When my mom told me about Yuzu's clean Rondo at the 24H show, I was delighted at first, but the next moment very frustrated that I couldn't properly see it.

At that time, I encapsulated myself from most things. It was thanks to my family and friends that I didn't let myself go and fought my way back to life outside my home, including social media. They helped me with walking and orientation, and revamped our apartment a bit, so that it's safe and easy to access all things that I needed in daily life. My friend also helped me with braille, basic navigation on the computer, and the use of screenreader tools.

The last push was Wikipedia, when I found out that Yuzu's Olympic seasons page got nominated for featured class. It felt like all the hard work of the last years had finally come to fruition, and it encouraged me to return to social media.

I also cannot stress enough how great Wiki's accessibility is. I was deeply impressed by it the last years already, but now even more that I needed it myself. Their efforts regarding easy navigation and reading are exemplary on the internet that other websites can (and should) learn from. Of course, there is still a lot to be done there, too, but it's a good start.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to record a spoken version of Yuzu's article is to contribute to Wiki's accessibility, so that people who experience a similar situation like me, have a chance to learn about Yuzu and his competitive career, too. But of course, it is also an alternative for people who prefer listening to reading. It can be very exhausting (and damaging for the eyes) to read such long articles on the screen.

Hi Henni,

I am so happy to hear about your good news! It seems like you had the best outcome possible.

You may have over-burdened your eyes with all your close work with Wikipedia. Please take it easy and give your eyes a chance to rest and recover.

Wishing you all the best,

Geo

BTW, you sound great!

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone!

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

What a great news! I'm glad everything went well with your eyes. As they have already said, take good care of yourself.

I've listened to a bit of the recording and you have a very nice voice. I hope Yuzu listens to it, I'm sure he likes it.

19 minutes ago, Anni said:

Here the clips

Yuzu talks with Shae

What year was this recorded?

[NEWS]

I thought it was new? Their talking distance looks like a covid-related precaution at least

Edit: I wonder if we will soon see a video where they talk about Yuzu's new program :clapping-smiley:

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone!

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

Dear Henni, this is such great news! I'm so happy for you that your treatment worked out. :hugs:

It must have been such a difficult and scary time for you. I admire you for your resilience and strength. I hope you will recover fully soon and keep my fingers crossed that your eyes will stay well and healthy. :snonegai: