General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, tsubasanoyume said:

Sorry for post it here. I'm really nervous and I know how many hates will be on me for this, but I have to do this. I encouraged myself to do it for a months. :14066882:

If will be decided to remove it - I understand.

I place it under spoiler.

Hide contents

You are brave to bring something to public attention, in order to do the right thing. Sadly, there is not much that you can do other than this. It is hard to do what is correct when there is fear of facing harsh feedback. Well done for having the courage to make this issue known. It will be up to a legal team whether or not to take things further, because without the correct permissions there may be consequences. For Yuzu it will potentially represent loss of income, for which he has worked hard.

2 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

Will he livestream prologue on his youtube channel now that it has opened membership?

It is not likely because live streams for ice shows are usually much more expensive than the subscription fee of his youtune channel. And he may not have the copy right to distribute the show because TV Asahi should have it.

The best we can hope for is a paid online live stream on another platform for international fanyus. I think the price will be around 4000yen. 

Is it just prerecorded stuff being uploaded onto the channel?

Sendai Broadcasting Official YouTube Channel ⭐️ Today 10/18 (Tue) 19:00 release ‼️ \ Spor-tan! NEO Yuzuru Hanyu's Live Appearance Unreleased Special ~Occupation, Yuzuru Hanyu~ It will be released tonight at 19:00 ☺️ Look forward to it! !

19 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Is it just prerecorded stuff being uploaded onto the channel?

Sendai Broadcasting Official YouTube Channel ⭐️ Today 10/18 (Tue) 19:00 release ‼️ \ Spor-tan! NEO Yuzuru Hanyu's Live Appearance Unreleased Special ~Occupation, Yuzuru Hanyu~ It will be released tonight at 19:00 ☺️ Look forward to it! !

Here is the video :67638860:

[NEWS]

2 hours ago, mmmrazorz said:

Will he livestream prologue on his youtube channel now that it has opened membership?

Also for Indonesian fanyus please open this spoiler below 😊🙏

Reveal hidden contents

8 minutes ago, JanMary said:

It is not likely because live streams for ice shows are usually much more expensive than the subscription fee of his youtune channel. And he may not have the copy right to distribute the show because TV Asahi should have it.

The best we can hope for is a paid online live stream on another platform for international fanyus. I think the price will be around 4000yen. 

They already announced a live streaming of the show on November 5 on CS Asahi TV channel 2.

In this tweet you can see the different legal access options to Japanese TV, all of them contain the Asahi channel:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
57 minutes ago, Anabel said:

They already announced a live streaming of the show on November 5 on CS Asahi TV channel 2.

In this tweet you can see the different legal access options to Japanese TV, all of them contain the Asahi channel:

I don’t really think the service providers got the copy rights from the tv stations but anyway we overseas fans live on them for many years…

11 hours ago, Perelandra said:

:iagree:

Yuzu will use the money to pay for the high costs of royalties, skating expenses and paying teams and staff salaries/fees

Yuzu is a philanthropist.  Setting up something like new rink for Sendai, educational foundations and Yuzu has also mentioned nature conservation in past interviews are much more likely ways to spend the money earned, than money purely for personal gain. In a past interview, when he was still in his teens, Yuzu had the foresight to say something along the lines, that only as someone with social stature, like two times Olympic champion would a person have enough influence to give tangible help to massively expensive projects, such as the recovery efforts. Yuzu has great insight and he is correct, of course as a teen he donated a sizeable portion of his own show earnings to the recovery efforts. That is admirable and helpful. As an Olympic champion, Yuzu has ensured that many people still remain interested and committed to helping a cause, which means a lot to him. Continued interest and donation is materially more helpful to the region and benefits many people and the local environment. The act of helping more and more people over a longer period, has a greater effect than helping fewer individuals for a shorter time. Yuzu understood this concept from a young age, as demonstrated from his interviews.

Most people think that Yuzu's philanthropic nature started after the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami, but his desire to give back to his community predated the great disaster. In the Miyatele Stadium interview for a Sendai TV station in 2010 after winning his junior world championship, 15-year-old Yuzu was asked at around the 11 minute mark of the video about his thoughts regarding the Olympics.

Yuzu said that there was a time when Ice Rink Sendai was closed due to financial problems and it was only due to Shizuka Arakawa's efforts after winning the Olympic gold medal in 2006 that the rink recovered and they finally got an environment to skate.

Yuzu went on to say, "I want to compete at the Olympics and get the gold medal and improve and help this rink."

Of course, the 3/11 earthquake and tsunami provided even more focus for his philanthropy. Even before winning his first Olympic medal, he published his first autobiography "Aoi Honoo" in April 2012 and donated his royalties to Ice Rink Sendai.

When he won his first Olympic gold medal at Sochi, he donated all of his winnings – ¥6 million – equally to Miyagi Prefecture and Sendai City. In 2018, when he won his second Olympic gold medal at PyeongChang, he again donated all of his winnings – ¥10 million – equally to Miyagi and Sendai.

I'm a bit late to the party, but finally got around to joining yay :dancingpooh: And oh wow, 16K likes on the posts, which means at least 16K people have become members! Rough estimate of 16K * $10 USD = $160,000 USD, and 70% of that is $112,000 USD per month. (For reference, Worlds gold medalists for singles win around $65K USD.) Wow, sasuga Hanyuconomy! I love seeing fanyus in action! It's so great that we can finally support him directly. Pro era Yuzu just keeps winning, and I'm here for it.