General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, IceWings said:

So all this time, I've never subscribed to any paid streaming service like Netflix, Disney, HBO, etc. 

It's always Yuzu who gets me to cave! :whiteflag:

He said he wasn't going to post that much, so you can always wait until he posts a couple videos and then subscribe for a month.

14K likes now. :)  I'm sure he makes good money, but I suspect he also has big expenses. Not sure how Japan taxes work, but he's probably in a high tax bracket. He has to rent out the rink every night. He has to pay his team and staff.  A legal team like Team Sirius can't be cheap. He has to pay for costumes, choreographers, music rights, etc. He probably has physiotherapists and will probably hire videographers to help him create future videos. And then sometimes there are medical expenses.

We all wish for him to have a long career into his old age, but it's not unusual for athletes to try to cash in as much as possible when they're young because they may not have that earning capacity when they're older.

I asked for Origin because seeing him skate that live at 2019 SCI was an unforgettable experience so it's always one of my favorites.

I really don't believe Yuzu has any intention to "cash in" on anything while he is still young enough to skate. His enormous popularity and talent beyond FS means he can venture into many other fields post his skating career. Financially he doesn't have to rely on income from pro skating to sustain future years. Personality wise he is simply not that kind of person -- my take only.  

I got membership too, in Russia, with help from very kind fanyu. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And one person found out the way other people can pay and get it. Not very simple but still. Russian with Hanyu too!

Спойлер

But for some reasons "welcome" in russian can't be appeared. but someday I believe it will.

Happy news that I'd like to share here too:

One more week to go. Then I have another medical check, and hopefully things will will turn back to normal after that.

I'd like to thank you for your kind and supportive messages everyone. It really means a lot to me.

Best wishes

Henni

1 hour ago, SaluYuzu said:

I really don't believe Yuzu has any intention to "cash in" on anything while he is still young enough to skate. His enormous popularity and talent beyond FS means he can venture into many other fields post his skating career. Financially he doesn't have to rely on income from pro skating to sustain future years. Personality wise he is simply not that kind of person -- my take only.  

:iagree:

Yuzu will use the money to pay for the high costs of royalties, skating expenses and paying teams and staff salaries/fees

Yuzu is a philanthropist.  Setting up something like new rink for Sendai, educational foundations and Yuzu has also mentioned nature conservation in past interviews are much more likely ways to spend the money earned, than money purely for personal gain. In a past interview, when he was still in his teens, Yuzu had the foresight to say something along the lines, that only as someone with social stature, like two times Olympic champion would a person have enough influence to give tangible help to massively expensive projects, such as the recovery efforts. Yuzu has great insight and he is correct, of course as a teen he donated a sizeable portion of his own show earnings to the recovery efforts. That is admirable and helpful. As an Olympic champion, Yuzu has ensured that many people still remain interested and committed to helping a cause, which means a lot to him. Continued interest and donation is materially more helpful to the region and benefits many people and the local environment. The act of helping more and more people over a longer period, has a greater effect than helping fewer individuals for a shorter time. Yuzu understood this concept from a young age, as demonstrated from his interviews.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

One more week to go. Then I have another medical check, and hopefully things will will turn back to normal after that.

I'd like to thank you for your kind and supportive messages everyone. It really means a lot to me.

Best wishes

Henni

Thank you for the good news.

It would really be a perfect time on Yuzu's birthday.:2thumbsup:

All the best for you @Henni147:grouphug:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

For simple messages it's fine (because of translations)

Links to members-only videos, codes for early access or links intended only for people subscribing would be off limits :YuzuPooh:

I had doubts about it, thanks for clarifying it!

55 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Best wishes

Henni

What a great news! :67638860: Sending good vibes so that everything continues to go well :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

About the added date in Hachinohe... Is that Monday a holiday in Japan? If it isn't, it seems like a trust act to me to put it on a weekday at noon. That means things are going well, right? :10636614: