General Yuzuru Chat

34 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

A waiting period of two years for a pen! Only Yuzu can do that. :wink_star:

I believe more and more people and companies are learning about Yuzu's marketing value and pulling power. :grin:

[NEWS]

Shouldn't Yuzu's marketing power already be obvious to even the most blind? I'm surprised not more companies are sponsoring him. There so many big global brands in Japan across industries. 

1 hour ago, SaluYuzu said:

Shouldn't Yuzu's marketing power already be obvious to even the most blind? I'm surprised not more companies are sponsoring him. There so many big global brands in Japan across industries. 

Perhaps the sponsor deals are in the works. We will know in due time. :dancingpooh::devilYuzu:

Guest Mary_kyo

I’m so happy to see Roger Federer’s goodbye as iconic as him, to see him being truly respected and loved by his sport and rivals. He had told Nadal about his decision days in advance.

Tennis is such a lovely sport and the athletes with their fair play, make it more beautiful as well. True rivalry between Roger and Nadal, filled with real respect and admiration. 

Yuzu’s retirement will always leave a bittersweet feeling to me. The absolute best skater left the sport, at his peak, mainly because of corruption and was shown the exit door for 4/5 years during his peak. Well, he is free now, from corrupted officials and disrespectful retired skaters who remained silent watching him suffer mentally/emotionally.

Now, does it surprise anyone that Tennis is miles more popular than FS as "sport"? The athletes also have a very important role in the popularity of a sport. Figure skating did have its Federer but not a worthy Nadal. So, their solution was to "erase" their "Federer". Ask Ito from JSF.

9 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I’m so happy to see Roger Federer’s goodbye as iconic as him, to see him being truly respected and loved by his sport and rivals. He had told Nadal about his decision days in advance.

Tennis is such a lovely sport and the athletes with their fair play, make it more beautiful as well. True rivalry between Roger and Nadal, filled with real respect and admiration. 

Yuzu’s retirement will always leave a bittersweet feeling to me. The absolute best skater left the sport, at his peak, mainly because of corruption and was shown the exit door for 4/5 years during his peak. Well, he is free now, from corrupted officials and disrespectful retired skaters who remained silent watching him suffer mentally/emotionally.

Now, does it surprise anyone that Tennis is miles more popular than FS as "sport"? The athletes also have a very important role in the popularity of a sport. Figure skating did have its Federer but not a worthy Nadal. So, their solution was to "erase" their "Federer". Ask Ito from JSF.

I always see Yuzu, being the complete skater, as Roger and Rafa combined. The fact that he doesn't have any worthy contemporary rival is thanks to ISU's nepotism and the resulting promotion of the wrong skills.  

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

There is an established training technique for jumps, that in order to practise and perfect jumps, the axis and landing of any given jump, should be so stable that it is possible for a skater to immediately take off for a triple or double toe loop. This was mentioned in a skating feature, but the source eludes me this second. Yuzu mentioned this when talking about jump training.

As you say practising the jump followed by a triple toe is not necessarily to feature in a programme. Practising the combination may be purely for training purposes, it is instantaneous feedback on whether the preceding jump was stable or not.

Thank you for the explanation!

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

I watched his last match yesterday, it was a very emotional evening/night. :crybaby:

11 hours ago, Perelandra said:

There is an established training technique for jumps, that in order to practise and perfect jumps, the axis and landing of any given jump, should be so stable that it is possible for a skater to immediately take off for a triple or double toe loop. This was mentioned in a skating feature, but the source eludes me this second. Yuzu mentioned this when talking about jump training.

As you say practising the jump followed by a triple toe is not necessarily to feature in a programme. Practising the combination may be purely for training purposes, it is instantaneous feedback on whether the preceding jump was stable or not.

This reminds me of Yuzu practicing 3A3Lo for his stability in landing the 4A. I hope he'll bring back the 3A3Lo. It's a jump combo of divine beauty! :heartpound:

5 hours ago, SaluYuzu said:

I think that's because figure skating is still a small niche sport that doesn't have that much pulling power by itself, even in Japan. But in the last couple of years, Yuzu has grown into a super star whose popularity has become far greater than the sport itself worldwide. This is becoming even more obvious now that he doesn't compete anymore. I'm certain his popularity will even grow and with it, his marketing value and pulling power. :dancingpooh:

On 9/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, Pammi said:

I'm sure Yuzuru will be around in the "official" literature for a while yet....tbh I don't know how we would feel if they excluded him from last season's Team Japan - I think I'd feel that was an insult too. Aside from the obvious underscoring issues and the corruption in this area leading up to the Olys with overscoring of others, I still think a 4th place in the Olys is a pretty amazing thing....I know it isn't for Yuzuru but for most athletes it would be something to be proud of despite missing out on a medal. Leaving him out of a fanbook would seem wrong imo? Again I realise the book is probably aimed at the promotion of others, we know that is JSF strategy, they have said they want to make superstars out of the other skaters. But still, Yuzu WAS part of that team, and should be remembered as such. I do feel Beijing was a difficult experience for him and for most of us too, but still he did a beautiful Rondo imo (damn that hole!) and his Tenchi won so many hearts. His 4A effort is a piece of FS drama and history. He says now he is happy he skated there.

I also feel that any of us have a total right to feel salty as hell about everything JSF JOC ISU IOC do forevermore!!!

Now that more than half a year has passed I am even more amazed at what Yuzu achieved in Beijing. The mere fact that a third consecutive OGM was within his reach is absolutely overwhelming. Even if we ignore the lowballing, injures and bad luck. His beautiful 4A which he bravely attempted knowing it would cost him the podium was watched by the world - and broken down to single shots it can still be examined. As for all the circumstances he had to fight with during his competitive career - you couldn’t make this up and it will stay in people’s minds. And the good thing is: The best is yet to come! Maybe it’s different in other sports but so far I don’t know any athletes who developed further after ending their competitive career. I couldn’t be prouder of Yuzu and I’m really looking forward to seeing him skate again. 💪👏

13 minutes ago, Anni said:

I get the message: starts in 8 minutes:scratch2:So grateful, that will be streamed for the fans all over the world.:heartpound:

I don't know why the YT countdown started earlier but actual live appearance will start at JST 6.30pm. So about 25 min more to go.