General Yuzuru Chat

Hi everyone. I am very happy to share this update on Yuzu's bios page with you too:

I really think that Yuzu has long deserved to get a proper, thorough compilation of all his technical skills. So many skaters, journalists, and other experts have called him the greatest or most complete or perfect fusion of athleticism and artistry etc. But there was no detailed breakdown of his actual skills anywhere, and it was a real challenge to dig out all these different sources.

Now we finally have this section on Wikipedia, and we hope that many will read it. To understand why Yuzu is not just a good performer and crowd magnet with a pretty face, but an insane athlete through and through.

Yes, this is him.

When Yuzuru succeeded 4Lo in the Autumn Classics 2016 for the first time in the world, he wasn't at all excited and said,

"I was not interested in whether it was a world-first or not. I think all jumps will definitely be piled up, so, how good I'm going to be with every jump is what I should be aiming for." 

40 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. I am very happy to share this update on Yuzu's bios page with you too:

I really think that Yuzu has long deserved to get a proper, thorough compilation of all his technical skills. So many skaters, journalists, and other experts have called him the greatest or most complete or perfect fusion of athleticism and artistry etc. But there was no detailed breakdown of his actual skills anywhere, and it was a real challenge to dig out all these different sources.

Now we finally have this section on Wikipedia, and we hope that many will read it. To understand why Yuzu is not just a good performer and crowd magnet with a pretty face, but an insane athlete through and through.

Such a brilliant tribute.

Thank you for your dedication to this wonderful Wiki page

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

There are so many Yuzu-related news these days that I'm starting to get lost tbh :smiley-laughing021: Especially with so many tweets brought here, that it's hard to follow which are real news, and which are old things or random tweets/pic/gifs etc.

We could have a separate thread with one post/week that summarizes of forthcoming TV programs, interviews, appearances etc so it could be easier to keep track of everything. If anyone who is active on a daily basis would like to do it, feel free and open a new thread for it :thumbsup:

Maybe you can check the Yuzuru news and updates thread if you feel lost with many new posts here :ganba:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for your hard work Henni :loveshower: This is great for everyone interested in understanding the mastery of Yuzuru's skating.

46 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Yes, this is him.

When Yuzuru succeeded 4Lo in the Autumn Classic 2016 for the first time in the world, he wasn't at all excited and said,

"I was not interested in whether it was a world-first or not. I think all jumps will definitely be piled up, so, how good I'm going to be with every jump is what I should be aiming for." 

I Hope baby fanyus can see this to understand his mentality better 

Guest turquoiseblue
12 hours ago, Anni said:

The press conference was held today 🤔

[NEWS]

Articles in English:

Figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu to attend Japan-China 50th anniversary event
The Mainichi
16 September 2022

Figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu, a star in China, will attend an event to be held in Tokyo later this month to mark the 50th anniversary of the normalization of Japan-China diplomatic ties, the head of the organizer said Friday.

Japan's double Olympic champion Hanyu, who retired from competition in July, is also popular in China. During the Beijing Olympics earlier this year, the country's media repeatedly reported about Hanyu fever at home.

Hanyu is a "youngster who is loved much both in China and Japan" and "acts as a role model for young people," Jiang Xiaosong, who heads the organizing committee of events related to the anniversary, said at a press conference in Tokyo.

The figure skater, who became the youngest recipient of the Japanese government's People's Honor Award at age 23 in 2018, is set to appear at the event scheduled to take place in the evening of Sept. 29.

But the organizer stopped short of revealing what Hanyu will do at the event, saying only that he "will not give a figure skating performance."

Two-time Olympic champion Hanyu to mark 50 years of relations between China and Japan
Xinhua
16 September 2022

Two-time Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu will take part in a party later this month when China and Japan celebrate the 50th anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations between the two East Asian countries.

Jiang Xiaosong, director of the organizing committee, said the Japanese star would "100 percent" attend the party at the Tokyo Opera City Tower on the night of September 29.

"Hanyu is not only a star athlete and Olympic champion but also a role model for both Chinese and Japanese young people. He has been never afraid of difficulties and been always determined to overcome all the challenges."

But the organizers refused to disclose any details about Hanyu's participation in the gala, saying they will keep it a "secret".

[NEWS]

11 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

How wonderful that Yuzu is recognised for achievements on and off the ice and is regarded as a role model. 

7 hours ago, Anni said:

If I understand correctly, should someone copy posted interviews, TV dates etc. to the separate thread? I can do this with help of another satellite.  But honestly I have no idea how to open a thread.  And how do we want to name this?:scratch2:

Older tweets etc. could be marked with #throwback?

I was thinking of a simple table like this, a new table could be done every week or 2 weeks, depending on how busy things are:

Spoiler
Date Event Info/Source Streaming link (if necessary)
19 September 2022, between 15:50-19.00 JST  Miyagi TV / OH!Bandesu program Yuzu will appear live on TV YouTube
15 - 28 September 2022 Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition in Sendai

Last stop of the exhibition

info

-
etc....      

7 hours ago, caramelicht said:

Yuzu's flood days :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Haha, sounds good :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Perfect listing of the specifics which make Yuzu the amazingly wonderful skater he is.  Well done @Henni147 👏

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Such a concise, comprehensible explanation of what makes his skating so unique -- clear enough for readers who don't know much about skating  but sophisticated enough to hold the attention of those who do. The range of primary sources is impressive, especially to one who knows first-hand the hours of work it must have taken to compile them. Thank you, @Henni147, along with the entire team for all the loving care you have poured into his page. 

:YuzuPoohLove: