General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

. . . . . The situation is still difficult, but rehab is going well, and I'm hopeful.

Exciting news from the wiki frontline:

If the Olympic seasons sub-page gets a pass for FA class, we can finally nominate Yuzu's page series (bios, Oly seasons and career achievements) for a featured topic. And this is a really big thing: Yuzu would become the first athlete on English Wikipedia with an own featured topic across all sports! . . . . . Literally the first ever. . . . . .

Dear Henni, I'm very glad to hear that your rehab is going well   :flowers: 
I keep my fingers crossed, both for your speedy full recovery and for the Wikipedia nomination   :fingerscrossed:
As others said above: Thank you for your exemplary work and dedication   :thanks:

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. After another break I wanted to leave a short update. The situation is still difficult, but rehab is going well, and I'm hopeful.

Exciting news from the wiki frontline:

If the Olympic seasons sub-page gets a pass for FA class, we can finally nominate Yuzu's page series (bios, Oly seasons and career achievements) for a featured topic. And this is a really big thing: Yuzu would become the first athlete on English Wikipedia with an own featured topic across all sports! Pro or amateur, winter or summer, team or individual, male or female. Literally the first ever. Not even athletes like Ronaldo, Federer, Hamilton or Michael Jordan have their own FT yet.

For better understanding: "featured topic" is the highest status that a page series on English Wikpedia can achieve. It must contain a minimum of three related articles that all have been successfully promoted for at least GA class (good article). The majority of them must have either FA (featured article) or FL (featured list) status. Yuzu's page series has the following assessment status at the moment:

• Main bios page (GA), our team is re-structuring the full page now to have a more logical order and naming of sections, and also prepare some "buffer space" for future additions
  • Olympic seasons (currently rated C-class with ongoing FA review)
  • Career achievements (FL)

Now that Yuzu has finished his competitive career, we also plan to record a spoken version of his Olympic seasons article (when the FA review is completed). We want to make the page more accessible for visually impaired people, and also offer an alternative medium for all who prefer audio to written source.

Thanks so much for the update Henni! This is wonderful, you have done such a great job. I hope the rehab keeps going well and you stay in good spirits. Sending you lots of energy, good vibes, and love!

6 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Here are other quotes from Baron Pierre de Coubertin and that's why at all the Olympic Games the first language spoken is French and the one I read corresponds to :hachimaki:Yuzu

https://www.modele-lettre-gratuit.com/auteurs/pierre-de-coubertin/citations/#:~:text=- Pierre de Coubertin There is in,de Coubertin To see far%2C to speak frankly%2C to act closed.