General Yuzuru Chat

@Henni147 So sorry to hear you’re not well - please take care of yourself 💐

Re Dick Button - he was absolutely right, and there’s a reference to an aspect of the situation that gets glossed over - the fact that the ISU is headed by speed skaters and has been for decades, while the revenue is brought in by figure skaters.  In my dream world they would split and form their own international organisations, of course involving a thorough house cleaning and revamp of the rules, judge selection etc etc.  I bet a separate FS organisation could afford the tech the sport is in such desperate need of.  While they’re at it relocate to somewhere cheaper and less elitist than Switzerland.  As my mother says, ‘might as well dream here as in bed’.

edit. Forgot the photoshoot - while his suits are hugely improved in his new incarnation, I wouldn’t get too carried away - I think he’ll still dress in black/neutral sportswear, suits or traditional dress clothes where appropriate out of choice.  What we might get are more designer photoshoots - possibly on the ice - if JW managed to stay upright in iirc some NY designers stuff a while ago I’m sure Yuzuru can skate in it.  Aera last time put him in a modern version of the gentleman’s covert coat which is one of those classic looks that drift in and out of fashion so they’re obviously quite flexible in the ‘looks’ they feature.  He doesn’t seem to care what they dress him in - must be great for the stylist if you’re used to diva actors/singers/celebs who seem to get very picky at times about these things.  If he was ever going to utter the Japanese equivalent of ‘I’m not wearing THAT’ while throwing a hissy fit it would surely have been over the frilly white and gold number.

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

I put this here and not on salt mines because this is A FACT. Ladies and gentlemen, the great Dick Button*:

"What did ISU do? put a clean shirt over dirty laundry. It did not address the problem. The problem is the judging system, the judges and the federations that control them"

*probably one of those few Americans who truly cared about integrity in this sport. 

No wonder Yuzuru admires Dick Button so much...

17 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

@Henni147 So sorry to hear you’re not well - please take care of yourself 💐

Re Dick Button - he was absolutely right, and there’s a reference to an aspect of the situation that gets glossed over - the fact that the ISU is headed by speed skaters and has been for decades, while the revenue is brought in by figure skaters.  In my dream world they would split and form their own international organisations, of course involving a thorough house cleaning and revamp of the rules, judge selection etc etc.  I bet a separate FS organisation could afford the tech the sport is in such desperate need of.  While they’re at it relocate to somewhere cheaper and less elitist than Switzerland.  As my mother says, ‘might as well dream here as in bed’.

edit. Forgot the photoshoot - while his suits are hugely improved in his new incarnation, I wouldn’t get too carried away - I think he’ll still dress in black/neutral sportswear, suits or traditional dress clothes where appropriate out of choice.  What we might get are more designer photoshoots - possibly on the ice - if JW managed to stay upright in iirc some NY designers stuff a while ago I’m sure Yuzuru can skate in it.  Aera last time put him in a modern version of the gentleman’s covert coat which is one of those classic looks that drift in and out of fashion so they’re obviously quite flexible in the ‘looks’ they feature.  He doesn’t seem to care what they dress him in - must be great for the stylist if you’re used to diva actors/singers/celebs who seem to get very picky at times about these things.  If he was ever going to utter the Japanese equivalent of ‘I’m not wearing THAT’ while throwing a hissy fit it would surely have been over the frilly white and gold number.

Agreed. 

One of the properties was in the process of being sold, mentioned at ISU congress.

Speed branch doesn't bring in as much revenue and at congress there was agreement to increase the size of advertising space on skaters competition clothing. Bit desperate really, but they need the cash. Figure has been funding Speed for years and they have benefitted enormously and use tech for refereeing and judging in Speed.

Speed will no doubt continue to claim their share of whatever revenue Figure generates, while bringing little to the table themselves. Someone showed the generated revenue is around 75:25 Figure vs Speed, yet the money is divided up 50:50 between the two. Sorry cannot find the source now, it may be in the congress thread.

The revenue that they have been living in the most disgustingly self entitled manner from is analogous to a Trust fund, but it is used up now. They will have to work for their money now.

To quote a Twt post, "Kitty has been bringing them food for years". No more being fed from a gilded platter, let them shift their backsides and earn their own brass.

As we all know, quoting from Shakespeare's Hamlet ( this is about the division of funds and the general policy making within the governing body and not about the wonderful country )

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Il y a 2 heures, Perelandra a dit :

Jean Paul a porté plusieurs fois le kilt, lorsqu'il a présenté "Eurotrash" avec Antoine de Caunes. 

Yuzu a des jambes fabuleuses, il aurait fière allure avec un kilt. Yuzu pourrait porter le bien nommé tartan "World Peace"

C'est un beau bleu pâle avec du violet 

Edit : j'ai oublié de mentionner que le tartan a été créé pour tout le monde. Il n'est pas nécessaire d'être membre d'un clan ou d'une organisation pour le porter. Le design est un symbole de paix et d'harmonie mondiales

Je sais que je suis un peu :offtopic2:et je connaissais pas " Eurotrash " et connais mieux A de Caunes dans : " nulle part ailleurs " et j'ai trouvé un dailymotion avec les 2 et un accent Anglais :6a6943826e43: fait exprès , à mon avis et facile à comprendre pour ma part et ce tartan de paix est :2pouce levé:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Eurotrash&docid=608021753006926001&mid=C47D36F706CB5E5EEC71C47D36F706CB5E5EEC71&view=detail&FORM=VIRE et il parle de ses belles jambes :grand sourire: et même A de Caunes porte une robe à un moment :oui:

Je rejoint ALL les fanyus pour souhaiter un bon rétablissement à HENNI 

1 minute ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I know that I'm a little  :offtopic2:and I didn't know "Eurotrash" and know A de Caunes better in: "nowhere else" and I found a dailymotion with the 2 and an English accent  :6a6943826e43: on purpose, in my opinion and easy to understand for my part and this tartan of peace is :2thumbs up:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Eurotrash&docid=608021753006926001&mid=C47D36F706CB5E5EEC71C47D36F706CB5E5EEC71&view=detail&FORM=VIRE  and he talks about his beautiful legs  :Big smile:and even A de Caunes wears a dress at one time :yes:

I join ALL the fanyus to keep a good recovery at HENNI 

I forgot to translate  :sorry2:and GOMEN 

2 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Agreed. 

One of the properties was in the process of being sold, mentioned at ISU congress.

Speed branch doesn't bring in as much revenue and at congress there was agreement to increase the size of advertising space on skaters competition clothing. Bit desperate really, but they need the cash. Figure has been funding Speed for years and they have benefitted enormously and use tech for refereeing and judging in Speed.

Speed will no doubt continue to claim their share of whatever revenue Figure generates, while bringing little to the table themselves. Someone showed the generated revenue is around 75:25 Figure vs Speed, yet the money is divided up 50:50 between the two. Sorry cannot find the source now, it may be in the congress thread.

The revenue that they have been living in the most disgustingly self entitled manner from is analogous to a Trust fund, but it is used up now. They will have to work for their money now.

To quote a Twt post, "Kitty has been bringing them food for years". No more being fed from a gilded platter, let them shift their backsides and earn their own brass.

As we all know, quoting from Shakespeare's Hamlet ( this is about the division of funds and the general policy making within the governing body and not about the wonderful country )

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

"Never bite the hand that feeds you", the old saying goes. Yuzu was the ISU's breadwinner for years. Now that he has left, the money, the fans, and the media have followed him. Who is gonna make all the money for the ISU now? No one. They're done for. I expect them to go bankrupt within the next few years. Let's hope that this will mean a new beginning for figure skating with a federation that actually cares about and respects the sport, the athletes, and the fans. :war:

PS: I still don't get how the ISU (and the JSF) could be so stupid to treat their number one superstar by far like that. Any other sports federation would've worshipped the ground Yuzu walks on. I mean, I know the politics behind it, but this was pure self destruction in the name of politics.

Oh, well. Yuzu is finally free now and happier, healthier, more loved, and more popular than ever. That's the only thing that counts. :wink_star:

16 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

"Never bite the hand that feeds you", the old saying goes. Yuzu was the ISU's breadwinner for years. Now that he has left, the money, the fans, and the media have followed him. Who is gonna make all the money for the ISU now? No one. They're done for. I expect them to go bankrupt within the next few years. Let's hope that this will mean a new beginning for figure skating with a federation that actually cares about and respects the sport, the athletes, and the fans. :war:

PS: I still don't get how the ISU (and the JSF) could be so stupid to treat their number one superstar by far like that. Any other sports federation would've worshipped the ground Yuzu walks on. I mean, I know the politics behind it, but this was pure self destruction in the name of politics.

Oh, well. Yuzu is finally free now and happier, healthier, more loved, and more popular than ever. That's the only thing that counts. :wink_star:

Yuzu's loyal subjects will rally to him and this will demonstrate that Yuzu transcends the sport. 

The Daily Spread Eagle - September 6th 2022

New Portrait of the Ice Emperor Unveiled

Artisans visited on Emperor's Royal Progress

The Inhabitants of the court of Planet Hanyu have enjoyed a rather peculiar and disrupted summer. 

Following the Emperor's astonishing announcement on July 19th, that there were to be no further annual sojourns. The court had witnessed an eruption of Mt Irene, which had spewed molten gold and the Emperor had taken his Summer Progress alone to the Ice Caves of Sendai.

The court had at first been allowed a quiet respite and had at first believed that the summer months would be quiet and a little dull. The Palace had settled into a routine of listening to the daytime work of Palace refurbishment as the worker Poohs brought the molten gold from the base of Mt Irene and the artisans fashioned a new throne, Imperial regalia and various other decor to embellish the formal receiving rooms. Artisans were in a constant state of activity, alongside the court weavers, seamstresses and costumiers. 

The jump ladies had descended into a slump. Deputy Prime Minister Yuzu Pooh had to constantly remind them of their duties, which they performed reluctantly in what could only be described as trance like 'ennuie'.

The daily routines were disrupted with news of the Emperor's quest, the Ice Crystal broadcast of the ice ritual practices, a second broadcast of the ice rituals and then news of the Emperor's Progress. 

The Emperor was making an extended Progress due to the cancellation of the usual annual sojourns. The Emperor was taking the opportunity to visit many of the artisans and other valued citizens of Earth, who had shown great service to the Emperor.

News came of the Emperor's visit to the maker of winged jewellery Phiten, one of the Imperial portrait artists AERA and a fine clothworker Yuima Nakazato.

The Jump ladies were all a flutter with excitement at the prospect of winged necklaces, new silk clothing and a portfolio of new portraits of the Emperor.

Deputy PM Pooh called for calm for the unveiling of a huge portrait of his Imperial Majesty in the newly refurbished Palace Gallery, his received a terrible fright because the jump Ladies almost trampled him in their haste to see the portrait of their most beloved Emperor. There were gasps of delight then the jump Ladies were rendered speechless. There was the portrait in a golden frame, the Emperor was depicted in all of his magnificence, adorned in a flowing garment of white silk, decorated with a design of indigo blue and sleeves with cascading ruffles in a myriad of blue shades. The Ladies were so entranced with the portrait of the Emperor that they lost track of time and gazed at the portrait all day long, which required the serving of luncheon in the gallery itself.

At night fall the ladies had to be coaxed out of the gallery, with many exclamations of how much they missed the Emperor and were already wondering when there would be more news or when he would return from the Ice Caves. 

Deputy PM Pooh commented that he was lamenting the absence of the Emperor and the Prime Minister OM Pooh san.

( Royal Progress was often undertaken during the summer months, for clement weather when the Monarch made a tour of their Realm. They would often stay at the residences of Nobles and ranking members of the Royal Court. Whilst the Monarch undertook the Progress, the Royal Palaces were cleaned and refurbished, including the unenviable tasks such as dealing with the sanitary arrangements. Whilst it was a huge honour to host the Royal household, the cost to the host could be enormous.)

9 hours ago, river said:

It's both, I guess? There are pants involved, but the designer calls it a "unisex dress" on his IG. Haute couture is meant to be experimental. I love that someone finally convinced Yuzu to do a photo shoot in it.

Yeah, that's what I meant with the pants being secret — it's under the skirt.

There are many ways to make the lower half of a unisex dress, this is one of them (with pants) — other designers would approach it differently, and come up with a different look :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: