General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I'm sure Yuzuru will be around in the "official" literature for a while yet....tbh I don't know how we would feel if they excluded him from last season's Team Japan - I think I'd feel that was an insult too. Aside from the obvious underscoring issues and the corruption in this area leading up to the Olys with overscoring of others, I still think a 4th place in the Olys is a pretty amazing thing....I know it isn't for Yuzuru but for most athletes it would be something to be proud of despite missing out on a medal. Leaving him out of a fanbook would seem wrong imo? Again I realise the book is probably aimed at the promotion of others, we know that is JSF strategy, they have said they want to make superstars out of the other skaters. But still, Yuzu WAS part of that team, and should be remembered as such. I do feel Beijing was a difficult experience for him and for most of us too, but still he did a beautiful Rondo imo (damn that hole!) and his Tenchi won so many hearts. His 4A effort is a piece of FS drama and history. He says now he is happy he skated there.

I also feel that any of us have a total right to feel salty as hell about everything JSF JOC ISU IOC do forevermore!!!

Then why don't they use the photos of those who medalled? Robbing him, mistreating him while still putting him on front page to attract his legion of fans is clout behavior to me. Period

19 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Then why don't they use the photos of those who medalled? Robbing him, mistreating him while still putting him on front page to attract his legion of fans is clout behavior to me. Period

Ah maybe I gave them too much benefit-of-the-doubt. As your post said it was a Team Japan fanbook, I imagined a cover with the whole team on it! I should have known better....:banginghead:

7 hours ago, gapil27 said:

First time I saw that pom pom I thought I want to see him skate with it. I bet it’ll flow beautifully, hence why I want to see the bottom half of the picture. I want to see if the outfit is feasible to skate in. One can dream right… 

I thought the same. Perhaps the designer himself could adapt it for skating or, if it was not considered plagiarism, a design inspired by the original could be made. Something like the first option in this fanart.

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

I'm sure Yuzuru will be around in the "official" literature for a while yet....tbh I don't know how we would feel if they excluded him from last season's Team Japan - I think I'd feel that was an insult too. Aside from the obvious underscoring issues and the corruption in this area leading up to the Olys with overscoring of others, I still think a 4th place in the Olys is a pretty amazing thing....I know it isn't for Yuzuru but for most athletes it would be something to be proud of despite missing out on a medal. Leaving him out of a fanbook would seem wrong imo? Again I realise the book is probably aimed at the promotion of others, we know that is JSF strategy, they have said they want to make superstars out of the other skaters. But still, Yuzu WAS part of that team, and should be remembered as such. I do feel Beijing was a difficult experience for him and for most of us too, but still he did a beautiful Rondo imo (damn that hole!) and his Tenchi won so many hearts. His 4A effort is a piece of FS drama and history. He says now he is happy he skated there.

I also feel that any of us have a total right to feel salty as hell about everything JSF JOC ISU IOC do forevermore!!!

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

I always have mixed feelings with this situations. It's obvious that they (ISU, JSF, IOC, JOC or whoever) do it for clout, but on the other hand, like Pammi said, Yuzu is a part of it, so if they "forget" him it would be an outrage... Although yeah, putting him on the front page after the treatment he's been getting is infuriating. :59227c768286a__s:

58 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I wonder if overseas fans can order it? Based on the contents though there seems to be only two photographs by Ninagawa (the ones we've already seen)

Yes, it seems that these two are the new photos, the rest is an interview and edits of previous photos/reports, right?

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Ah maybe I gave them too much benefit-of-the-doubt. As your post said it was a Team Japan fanbook, I imagined a cover with the whole team on it! I should have known better....:banginghead:

It seems I have mistaken the cover. Dunno if it will be the official cover but for now his name is highlighted, which...honestly? Same effect.

@Pammi

This is last chance saloon for certain quarters to make money, they won't pass up the last opportunity.

It Is also possible that the photos for the Team book had already been taken prior to Yuzu announcing his move to pro Athlete. The photos were most likely taken prior to or around the time of Beijing Olys. Yuzu was probably under contract to participate in any photo shoots at the time, as he would have been an active member of Team Japan. 

At least Yuzu will not have to wear the incorrectly fitting Team attire again

3 hours ago, YuDai said:

I wonder if overseas fans can order it? Based on the contents though there seems to be only two photographs by Ninagawa (the ones we've already seen)

If you are referring to the AERA book, yes you can pre order it on amazon and rakuten already.

49 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

@Pammi

This is last chance saloon for certain quarters to make money, they won't pass up the last opportunity.

It Is also possible that the photos for the Team book had already been taken prior to Yuzu announcing his move to pro Athlete. The photos were most likely taken prior to or around the time of Beijing Olys. Yuzu was probably under contract to participate in any photo shoots at the time, as he would have been an active member of Team Japan. 

At least Yuzu will not have to wear the incorrectly fitting Team attire again

My local Kinokuniya still have copies of the previous Team Japan book last week. No one bought them, I hope they don't bring in this :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

10 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Oooh, so it's a secret pants design? I thought it was just a full-length dress (ie. the lower half is just a skirt).

Yeah, I reserve my judgement until we get the whole photoshoot :think:. I mean the two photos we already saw were already beautiful, but I want to see the whole *thing*...

Also...

Reveal hidden contents

Come to think of it, this is the first time for me to follow Yuzu's AERA special edition photoshoot (with the same stylist Ninagawa san) in real time 👀

It's both, I guess? There are pants involved, but the designer calls it a "unisex dress" on his IG. Haute couture is meant to be experimental. I love that someone finally convinced Yuzu to do a photo shoot in it.

39 minutes ago, river said:

It's both, I guess? There are pants involved, but the designer calls it a "unisex dress" on his IG. Haute couture is experimental. I love that someone finally convinced Yuzu to do a photoshoot there.

Jean Paul GAULTIER French designer had created in 1985 the skirt for men and why not as written : "the unisex dress" : the women wear pants and  :agree: for Yuzu 

https://hommeurbain.com/les-vrais-mecs-portent-des-jupes/ 

23 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Jean Paul GAULTIER French designer had created in 1985 the skirt for men and why not as written : "the unisex dress" : the women wear pants and  :agree: for Yuzu 

https://hommeurbain.com/les-vrais-mecs-portent-des-jupes/ 

Jean Paul wore a kilt a number of times, when he presented 'Eurotrash' with Antoine de Caunes. 

Yuzu has fabulous legs, he would look amazing sporting a kilt. Yuzu could wear the aptly named "World Peace"  tartan

It is a lovely pale blue with purple 

Edit: forgot to mention the tartan was created for everyone. One does not need to be a member of a clan or organisation in order to wear it. The design is a symbol of global peace and harmony

Just wondering if the designer garment described as Unisex dress might feature a bottom half similar to the Hakama

This would be elegant, drape beautifully and also be practical

Yuzu can certainly demonstrate elegance and ease of movement when wearing his hakama

Guest Mary_kyo

I put this here and not on salt mines because this is A FACT. Ladies and gentlemen, the great Dick Button*:

"What did ISU do? put a clean shirt over dirty laundry. It did not address the problem. The problem is the judging system, the judges and the federations that control them"

*probably one of those few Americans who truly cared about integrity in this sport.