General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

I’ve been a longtime fan of FS and not just Yuzu alone. Unfortunately, politics, corruption and the trend of “retiring” skaters is not new in this sport. It has been happening for a very long time even before Yuzu was born. For a sport that’s so beautiful, it’s very rotten to its core. 

I’m very happy and glad that Yuzu allowed himself to step away from an environment that was not only unfairly treating him but also where they’re forcing him to forgo his values. For him to continue skating and go through all that mental, emotional and physical turmoil must have taken a lot of willpower. 

What is the point of this sport?  So corrupted that it can drive away the best skaters for its own nefarious benefits? Why do old long time fans still accept and watch it? I am new and I do not understand. I am glad yuzu has decided to prioritise himself and step away.

To celebrate him turning pro, I have bought his stamps. Even though, I met him too late and can only support via buying of his goods and contributing YouTune views, I hope my little support helps a little for him even though it must be nothing and cannot replace what he truly deserves: fair judging

4 hours ago, Goatedforever said:

I’ve been a longtime fan of FS and not just Yuzu alone. Unfortunately, politics, corruption and the trend of “retiring” skaters is not new in this sport. It has been happening for a very long time even before Yuzu was born. For a sport that’s so beautiful, it’s very rotten to its core. 

I’m very happy and glad that Yuzu allowed himself to step away from an environment that was not only unfairly treating him but also where they’re forcing him to forgo his values. For him to continue skating and go through all that mental, emotional and physical turmoil must have taken a lot of willpower. 

Yes and yes. Unfortunately this has been true for most of this sport's existence, but the refusal in reforming and evolving with the public's attention is truly something else. 

Before 14 Sochi we had stuff like 02 Salt Lake City, changes have always been cosmetic and the core of the whole institution remained the same. And everyone have always been quite complicit about it, fs media, fs commentary, fs audience... is a loop. 

To think that Yuzu contemplated retirement since his triumph in 2018 and still chose to better himself, then to pursue his dream jump while being shown the door, fully aware he was not being rewarded by his efforts, and still kept pushing and pushing, not compromising. I don't know how he did it. A few of my favorite athletes ever (all skaters) have to be put through this during their careers and I never blamed anyone for realizing it and walking out. Yuzu did not, he kept going through it for the sake of his last goal till he shifted his perspective on how he wanted to achieved it. 

The mental fortitude he has shown to possess and the way he conducted himself this last quad is nothing short of inspiring, in the most unfortunate of circumstances. Even when bowing out he manages to do it quite wisely, reaffirming that his value and identity is not dictated by the same people who have been trying to erode it.

Is genuinely amazing that Yuzu made his choice to leave competition at his peak with his love for skating intact. 

The future looks quite positive, I really hope this latest batch of interviews help most of us to move forward with him. 

Can't thank our translators enough for all the attention and work they have put in communicating his words appropriately to us :YuzuPoohLove:

Reliving this interview is hard for everyone. Hearing from Yuzu's mouth what we all saw is hard. Imagining how lonely it must have felt, how hard it must have been, is hard on everyone. But not only that happened. Yuzu not only saw what ISU/JSF did to him, he also saw very clearly how the fans felt about his skating. That helped him keep going. That helped him make a brave decision towards an unknown future. That is why, now more than ever, I think it is important to let Yuzu know that our support was not something volatile, but will remain as immutable as in the worst times. And that is why @Perelandra and I started the photobook project. It may seem silly to some of you, but look around you and think about how many things you keep that have a special value. That's what the photobook project is about. It's not an art book, it's not a fancy gift for Yuzu. It's about emotions. It's about giving Yuzu a tangible memory that we were by his side and will continue to be. We can all subscribe to his YT channel, like his videos, some of you can even buy his products and all that helps, all that helps him, but it's intangible, it's distant, it's impersonal. This photobook could be like those objects that we all keep whose value lies in the emotions they evoke in us.

So, cheer up and join this project. Let's send Yuzu our love, support and best wishes in the most direct and tangible way possible.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, this is the thread

Thank you Pammi & Shinya for the Clair de Lune video. I love this piece of music :heart:, so fitting for the first autumn days when warm wonderful summer is just a memory but those tunes gives wings to fly over dark and cold winter.

My winter pleasure has been watching figure skating competitions but now I am going to pass them and just wait what amazing mind-blowing skating we shall see from Yuzuru 😁

The arrow of time moves ever forward, the past cannot be changed, no matter how much we wish we could have lessened the hurt inflicted on Yuzu.

The interviews are revealing for more than just Yuzu's articulations about his experiences. Yuzu could have walked away at any time. For many reasons, Yuzu chose to stay on, in the competition arena and again, for whatever reasons best known only to himself, did not make his feelings known, until after he had decided to follow a different path.

Satellites, together we have a chance to make something positive in the present and future. 

Firstly, a very simple project that everyone can join. Please, put your thoughts into words, and turn your words into a lovely composition for Yuzu. @Anabel and I are eagerly waiting to receive all of the lovely support messages that are posted on the Planet, made into one page tributes for the photo book. 

There is both a poetry and fanart thread on the Planet if people are looking for inspiration. A message from the heart carries a great deal of meaning, don't be bashful, send your wonderful kind and affirming thoughts to Yuzu.

Secondly, many people state that Yuzu is bigger than figure skating. In the future we can definitely get behind this. By ensuring that each and every venue where Yuzu performs is sold out, paying for streamed performances, buying publications filled with Yuzu content, buying products where Yuzu features in the advertising campaign,

( maybe not the face cream in the pot of gold ). These actions will send a message that it is most definitely Yuzu, that fans are supporting and not the sport of figure skating itself. We can demonstrate that we are more discerning than a 'bunch of ignorant, fickle fans' who will turn to the 'next big thing' that is touted in front of us, because the arrogant powers that be, think that we are impressionable and easily manipulated.

Satellites we can do this. :ganba:

Warning: This is a joke thread, but it is cute and will make you smile.

There were some tweets about Yuzu attending Beijing with 6 suitcases. Apparently, Yuzu's comfort needs included a fridge, mini oven/ microwave and a humidifier. Question though, were these for Yuzu or for Yuzu - Pooh? The latter, who had to remain in the hotel room. Only the knitted 'pineapple pretend Pooh stand in' was allowed by the boards

9 hours ago, meowmeownyan said:

What is the point of this sport?  So corrupted that it can drive away the best skaters for its own nefarious benefits? Why do old long time fans still accept and watch it? I am new and I do not understand. I am glad yuzu has decided to prioritise himself and step away.

To celebrate him turning pro, I have bought his stamps. Even though, I met him too late and can only support via buying of his goods and contributing YouTune views, I hope my little support helps a little for him even though it must be nothing and cannot replace what he truly deserves: fair judging

My whole family is very much into the sport. Despite the ugly side of this sport, we stay and watch because legends come along. In my time, there was Yuna, Mao and then Yuzu who have all revolutionized figure skating. I’m still staying to support some of the Japanese ladies. Had my family and I turned our backs from the sport, we would never have discovered Yuzu. 

Hearing him talk about what we fans always knew is a hard pill to swallow.

Spoiler

A lot was always against Yuzu. He experienced a disaster, he was from the wrong region with the wrong passport. His career was plagued by injuries, illnesses and asthma and then there‘s that last quad. 

He has been contemplating retirement for the longest time since PC and has thought about it with every competition during the last quad. Sure, things like his scores, his disappointments all contributed to his decision but I don’t think he was completely backed into a corner and left with no choice but to retire. 

Having had a taste of Yuzu’s pro career, I no longer feel angry at the injustice he has experienced. His love for skating is intact, his spirit unshattered he is afraid of the future but very much hopeful and he continues to challenge. Can’t let the anger and pain of the past cloud my vision and enjoy all that.

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Image      Image

Yuzu is the bravest person I know. Only he can touch people so deeply, have such an impact on them, and stay in their hearts forever. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

[NEWS]

2012 Worlds was when I became his fan. I’ve already noticed him in previous years and in GPF 2011 but he really caught my attention in Worlds 2012. Yuzu who has recovered from a disaster the year prior was just really something and then we found out he was injured. He was very giddy and excited when he was receiving his bronze medal. The R&J from that competition remains my favorite to date and is forever etched in my memory.